SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Sage User

Deleting passed shows

I find that after i have watched a tv show (live tv) that it saves it under sage recordings (which makes sense), however even after i delete that show in sagetv the file still remains saved in "c:\program files\frey technologies\sage tv\video\" until i delete it manually, does anyone else have the same problem and what do you do about it?
Old 03-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Deleting passed shows

Quote:
Originally posted by wesw02
I find that after i have watched a tv show (live tv) that it saves it under sage recordings (which makes sense), however even after i delete that show in sagetv the file still remains saved in "c:\program files\frey technologies\sage tv\video\" until i delete it manually, does anyone else have the same problem and what do you do about it?
Under both 1.4 and 2.0 Beta, I have never had that problem. What version are you using? If it is the beta, what does your log show?
Old 03-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Administrator

I had that problem in the v1.4 client. I don't remember whether I had the problem on the server.

In the V2 beta, I no longer have the problem on the client or server.

- Andy
Old 03-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

In ver1.4.1, its not a problem, its a feature. Sage only deletes the file when it needs to. Deleteing it in sage just marks it as deleteable and removes it from the list.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by falchulk
In ver1.4.1, its not a problem, its a feature.
In v1.4, when I manually deleted in the server, it would also delete it from the disk. When I manuallly deleted it frmo the client, it would remove it from SageTV, but not the disk. That's a problem that I no longer have in v2.

- Andy
Old 03-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm, I have read that in posts from you in the past. Most other people it worked as I described. I have had it installed on 3 systems with the same results. Support here has confirmed thats the way it was intended to work many times. Sage 1.4 manages the disk space on an as needed basis. If it does not need to remove something in order to record something else, it leaves it alone. With Version 2 it definitely removes it from the disk when you delete it in the app.

Last edited by falchulk; 03-16-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? I'm talking about manually choosing to delete a show. Shows were not deleted for me after watching a manual recording -- it would ask if the show could be deleted, I would say 'yes', but it would neither delete it from the listings or the disk. My understanding was that this was the case where the show wasn't actually deleted until the space was needed.

Anyway, it drove me crazy for a while trying to figure out why some shows that I deleted remained on the disk while others didn't. Then one day, I noticed the difference between deleting from the server vs. deleting from the client. That's why I was glad v2 didn't have that problem.

Anyway... that's what happened on my systems.

- Andy
Old 03-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, I think one of us misread the posts. Not sure if it was me or you. What he is saying is that after he deletes the file in sage, it remains on his HD. My posts were related to the problem he described. Is that the same thing you were responding to? By manually deleting he meant going to the OS and doing so.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Yes, I was responding to the same thing. When the delete from within the Client didn't remove the file from the disk, I had to delete it myself. It would not be deleted when I exited SageTV. Deletions did definitely work immediately at times (on the server) -- since my drives are never full, SagetV had no reason to 'free up space', yet the file did get removed.

It has been a while since I used v1.4, so I don't know how it was supposed to work, I just know that deleting from within SageTV didn't seem to have consistent results for me. Your results seem to be different.

The original question was answered however: if using v1.4 & the file isn't deleted from the disk, even afte exiting SageTV, simply delete the file via Windows Explorer. If using v2: report it as a bug.

- Andy
Old 03-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Sage User

k i understand thanx for all your help guys