SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

I tried switching my audio back to analog stereo, and I still get a progressively increasing recording delay.

Is this something I can fix by downgrading to an older driver? This is keeping me from putting the spiffy new 8TB server into "production."
Old 08-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Sage Icon

Move to WHS... now HD-PVRs are throwing errors...

I had been using my 2 HD-PVRs on XP server with no problems.

Moved to WHS and now they do not seem to want to operate.

I have no other Hauppauge tuners installed.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-08-2009, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you load both Power Pack 1& 2 for WHS? Have you done all the Windows updates? Did you run hwclear and try to do a clean install of the drivers? Try starting with the original drivers and get them functioning and then continue to update and test in between until you get to the latest. I also made sure I had the latest DirectX installed, the latest java and the WIndows Media Player 11 to support Playon. Maybe these helped but I am running the latest drivers with SPDIF and don't see any issues. I do notice when the audio changes it gives the video fits.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Did you load both Power Pack 1& 2 for WHS? Have you done all the Windows updates? Did you run hwclear and try to do a clean install of the drivers? Try starting with the original drivers and get them functioning and then continue to update and test in between until you get to the latest. I also made sure I had the latest DirectX installed, the latest java and the WIndows Media Player 11 to support Playon. Maybe these helped but I am running the latest drivers with SPDIF and don't see any issues. I do notice when the audio changes it gives the video fits.

Gerry
Thanks Gerry -

I think I have one of them working for now... but for posterity let me go through these questions...

I still had problems even though...
I have updated to PowerPack 2 (actually didn't know I had done it... I guess it was one of the windows updates when I first installed WHS).
I have done all of the Windows updates.
I installed DirectX - though I didn't think I should need it if I am not playing back locally.
Java - using 1.6.0 - I tried to install latest and get some error - I think this must have been installed with Sage
I used HWclear this morning

I installed the "rest" of the software from the HDPVR disk this morning thinking there might be some config I could do there that might help.
Well - it was acting flakey there too - note saying the tuner was unavailable or in use by another application.
So I unplugged it and plugged it into a different USB port on my server... it may be too early to claim victory, but so far so good.

I do not know why this would be a problem as they were plugged into the same port as the previous installation. Oh well, I'll give this one all day and if all is still going well this evening, I'll try to get the other to work tonight.

Then I can move on to the DualTV and the R5000.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

Well, it seems to be working, sort of... The PVR is making recordings and I can watch them on my client and placeshifter machines, but not on the extenders (either 100 or 200). All I get are black screen with a progressing time bar.

What's next?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Sage Icon

I wanted to add to this. I just installed a E1 version of the HD-PVR into my SageTV system. So far I haven't had any issues recording, but I am having the Audio sync issue. The longer I let the show go, the more out of sync the sounds is. Recording composite (getting ready for HD) and analog sound.

I've only had 1.5.6 installed, direct from the web site.

The playback is on a VERY high end gaming system, and shouldn't have any problems. Will try other playback software tomorrow. Also heard that is you run the recording thru tsmuxer with an 80ms delay. Will try that too.

Anyone else have suggestions?
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
I wanted to add to this. I just installed a E1 version of the HD-PVR into my SageTV system. So far I haven't had any issues recording, but I am having the Audio sync issue. The longer I let the show go, the more out of sync the sounds is. Recording composite (getting ready for HD) and analog sound.

I've only had 1.5.6 installed, direct from the web site.

The playback is on a VERY high end gaming system, and shouldn't have any problems. Will try other playback software tomorrow. Also heard that is you run the recording thru tsmuxer with an 80ms delay. Will try that too.

Anyone else have suggestions?
The increasing audio delay with 1.5.6 can be fixed by changing the reciever to "PCM Audio Only" (Stereo). The problem appears to be triggered by Dolby Digital Audio. Or you can revert back to 1.0.5.301
Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
The increasing audio delay with 1.5.6 can be fixed by changing the reciever to "PCM Audio Only" (Stereo). The problem appears to be triggered by Dolby Digital Audio. Or you can revert back to 1.0.5.301
Don't see a setting for that. Where do I change that?
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Old 09-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
Don't see a setting for that. Where do I change that?
What type of receiver are you using? I can only tell you how to do it on a Dish VIP211K receiver.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What type of receiver are you using? I can only tell you how to do it on a Dish VIP211K receiver.
Oh, I thought you were talking about a setting on the HD-PVR. OK, I'm at work. It's a SD cable box. Motorola, but don't know model number here.

**EDIT** DCT700

Last edited by MattHelm; 09-08-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cord View Post
I tried switching my audio back to analog stereo, and I still get a progressively increasing recording delay.

Is this something I can fix by downgrading to an older driver? This is keeping me from putting the spiffy new 8TB server into "production."
I get the same thing in SageTV, BTV and with TME. I've been using the CoreAVC and ArcSoft codecs with similar results. I'm using the 1.5.6 drivers and Hauppauge doesn't respond to support requests. The only way I get the A/V sync to fix is to change channels or stop and start an HD-PVR session.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just added a third HDPVR (E1). My other two are C2 and have been working very well, except for a random issue where recordings would look like they were in fast forward. In an attempt to fix this issue, when I installed the E1 I upgraded the drivers to 1.5.6. The process I used was I used HW Clear and removed all driver files. Rebooted, loaded the CD from the E1 into the drive and powered on the HDPVRs. Once prompted to install the drivers I pointed to the CD drive and the new drivers installed. I rebooted again. I added the third HDPVR on the Sage server (componet +SPIF) I tested all the HDPVRs and they all seemed to tune channels properly. Until.... tonight I kept getting an error and all three would randomly stop working. I have attched an error log, can someone help me? THANX!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_09_14_09.txt (438.7 KB, 610 views)
Old 09-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

So interesting find for me with the 1.5.6 drivers. They completely fixed the audio sync issues I was having with the DishNet STB and Dolby 5.1 audio -- it worked like a charm and sounded great.

But.... I lost the ability to use Comskip. Comskip would process the files but would mark commercials way off target if at all. I spent months troubleshooting it and finally zeroed in on the HDPVR driver. I used HCWclear, and loaded in 1.5.0.3, which breaks the 5.1 audio capabilities, but gives back Comskip capabilities again. Weird eh.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Sage User

Lockups Solution

I know its been said before, but I've suffered on and off with lockups since I got my HD-PVR rev D1. Sometimes its good for weeks others days. I tried it earlier but I think I had bad drivers and so I didn't notice any difference, but really...with the latest drivers now...

Take it out of any stereo cabinet and away from anything warm. I finally put it in open air with nothing around it and magically I haven't had a crash in over a week after it was starting to crash almost every day or two.

I think the fall season starting finally overwhelmed it and it was starting to crash almost daily or every other day.

I repeat... OPEN AIR and AWAY from anything warm!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

Last weekend (5 days ago) I switched my Sage set up from an older P4 computer to a new WHS setup. My HD-PVR worked fine under the old computer and 1.0.5.3 firmware (recording analog audio).

I decided to try the new 1.0.5.6 drivers on the new setup. I've been busy the last couple of days trying to wrap up the details on the new WHS setup and haven't watched much SageTV. But last night I noticed that my new recordings were suffering from the audio synch issue. The audio and video were synched together at the beginning of the show, but would get progressively more out of synch as time went on.

I have reverted back to the 1.0.5.3 drivers to see if that helps. Hopefully it does.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 10-04-2009, 01:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Whats is the downside, if any, to using PCM audio vs. AC3? I am using 1.0.5.3 with analog audio - can 1.0.5.3 do digital audio?

I would like to go to digital audio but so far I have resisted as my HD-PVRs almost never have issues - I have two of them and have had to reset them maybe twice (in total between the two of them) in over nine months of use.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

PCM audio is stereo. I believe the main problem with the HD-PVR is an inablity to properly handle Dolby Digital.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
PCM audio is stereo. I believe the main problem with the HD-PVR is an inablity to properly handle Dolby Digital.
So is there any benefit if I go from analog to PCM - at the risk of screwing up my existing stable system?
Old 10-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
So is there any benefit if I go from analog to PCM - at the risk of screwing up my existing stable system?
No, they would both still be stereo.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Sage Expert

I need some clarification. Is it possible to be getting 5.1 through analog? I have two Directv receivers now, but I don't think I am getting surround sound. I think AC3filter appears to be "faking" it. Do I not have something set correctly?

I tried SPDIF, but it was too unstable. Recordings would be interrupted about once a day.