SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Congrats to SageTV!

I just wanted to say hooray SageTV for following through with the continued support of the HD Theater HD200 STB, and even before mid-year. I'm sure you guys still have many more upgrades and bugs that you are working through at this time, but I appreciate the continued upgrades released ever since I purchased mine in the first batch last December.

I'll admit that in the beginning I had been a little frustrated as there were some holes in the product function, and I had little faith that many changes would happen any time soon, as I've seen other competitors struggle with this very issue, and in many cases just giving up and leaving the customer hanging in the end. But after watching continued work on your behalf, I have noticed that my SageTV server/HD200 combo runs much more stable and the client lock-up issues seem for the most part, stable now, and I'm now able to play Blueray rips, and many other types of media which I couldn't play before. I recently bought a new Sony HDR-SR11 AVCHD camcorder to replace my JVC GZ-HD6 mpeg2 cam with, and after I received it the other day, I recorded some sample video, and was very pleased to observe perfect playback on the HD200 in extender mode. This also made me very happy, as when I have family over, I like to have all my video available at finger-click. The future is here now.

I had a period where I was very busy with work for a few months, and at that time I had pretty much given-up on the HD200. But the other day, I had some free time, and decided to give it another shot and upgrade my SageTV server/HD200 combo to the latest beta builds, and I have to say, I am impressed with the progress made. This makes me very happy, and I may now recommend this unit to others as I am becoming more proud of it again.

Now, I realize that there are always bugs moving forward (as I work in software development), so I will never assume it can ever be perfect, but you guys are definitely working in the right direction and I am very happy as long as I see constant progress and frequent builds released (which I am happy you have provided). So I had just wanted to write this post as a positive reaffirmation that even though your tech support always must hear about the problems and broken things, here is a letter to give you some positive feedback.

Please just don't let it go to your heads though and just keep what you've been doing, going, and thanks again. It's been a lot easier lately to sell this thing to my wife now WAF⇑
Old 05-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes!

I agree Sage has been relentless in thier support of the HD200. The recent support of closed captions has been great!!!
Satelite: Dish VIP622 Bronze HD Pacakge, HD PVR Rev E1 1.5.6.1
TV1: Vizio 42" LCD 1080P 60HZ, Sage HD200, Yamaha 6.1
TV2: Samsung 26" LCD720P 60HZ, Sage HD200, TV Sound
Network: Airlink 300N to DLINK DAP-1522 to Sage HD200
Old 05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Sage User

I agree, many companies just abondon their hardware and leave the customer hanging with no updates. Continuing updates will earn sage a positive reputaion in the technical community.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPCGUY View Post
I agree Sage has been relentless in thier support of the HD200. The recent support of closed captions has been great!!!
At the same time they have not forgotten about us that have the HD100 units. There was a lot of concern that they would just move on to the HD200 and leave us behind, but they have not and the product is getting better and better everyday. Thanks!
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300