SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Lost Power When Upgrading Firmware On HD-100

Is there hope for me?

Have already submitted a support request but thought you may be able to help.

I lost power when upgrading the firmware on my HD-100 (Long story do not ask). Tried to recover the unit by the Configuration Reset Procedure nothing. Downloaded the bin file, and followed the Recovery Procedure, but nothing. The HD-100 sits there with the Active light on and the link light flashes every 5-6 seconds.

Just wanted to know has anyone ever managed to recover the unit once this has happened (I can not be the only stupid person that done this, can I)

Dean,
Old 04-30-2009, 02:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Is there hope for me?

Have already submitted a support request but thought you may be able to help.

I lost power when upgrading the firmware on my HD-100 (Long story do not ask). Tried to recover the unit by the Configuration Reset Procedure nothing. Downloaded the bin file, and followed the Recovery Procedure, but nothing. The HD-100 sits there with the Active light on and the link light flashes every 5-6 seconds.

Just wanted to know has anyone ever managed to recover the unit once this has happened (I can not be the only stupid person that done this, can I)

Dean,
You should be able to use the recovery procedure to bring it back in working state. If you don't notice fast blinking on the link light after a few seconds it means the unit is not able to connect to your SageTV server and download the recovery file.

_Demo_
Old 04-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Demo_ View Post
You should be able to use the recovery procedure to bring it back in working state. If you don't notice fast blinking on the link light after a few seconds it means the unit is not able to connect to your SageTV server and download the recovery file.

_Demo_
I had a power-loss "issue" a while back and the recovery procedure worked perfectly.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 04-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for your replys

I have my HD100 connected to a router that is also my DHCP Server.

Can you tell me how the HD100 connects to the Sage Server when you run the recovery process is it by IP or a broadcast on the MAC address.

The reason I ask is I was going to try with a across over cable to by pass the router. Would this work? Or do I have to set up some static IP address on the server.

Dean
Old 04-30-2009, 04:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Thanks for your replys

I have my HD100 connected to a router that is also my DHCP Server.

Can you tell me how the HD100 connects to the Sage Server when you run the recovery process is it by IP or a broadcast on the MAC address.

The reason I ask is I was going to try with a across over cable to by pass the router. Would this work? Or do I have to set up some static IP address on the server.

Dean
You need a dhcp server for the recovery to work. One way to verify if the connection is made is to enable debug logging on the SageTV server and see if it gets request for the stx1000.bin file.

_Demo_
Old 05-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Finally fixed my problem.

Thanks for your help on this. It turned out to be my router. It would assign an IP address to the HD100 but was not able to see the server and you could not ping its IP address.

I installed Tiny DHCP Server on my Sage server and plugged in the HD100 by cross over and it worked.

Dean.