SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Sage User

Noob ?:Dynamic Menu plugin and Malore Multi-Pane STV

First I want to thank the community and all knowing "Gods" that everyone knows. The support for SageTV by developers and community is the strongest I have seen for any product. This was one of the key reasons I just purchased my license. I opted not to go for the linux version of MythTV, or variants, because it took a lot of work and I was blazing new trails trying to get my Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB device working. (I did, but it required compiing drivers, making some code changes to Linux libraries and re-creating lib files, and you are on your own if you got stuck. But I worked it out in about 35 hours and several weekends. This community is just awesome.

That said, I need to ask a noob question, mainly because my SageTV PVR is working perfectly and is production. (If it misses recording one of my wives shows I will never hear the end of it.)

Is the dynamic Menu Plugin, and Malore's Multi-Pane window STV compatible if I install them both?

The instructiuons for each are very good, but is there anything I need to consider if I install both (I am assuming my install would be "Dyanamic plugin" followed by Malore's STV?

Many thanks again! (I will set up a second system for doing this type of work, but at the moment, I don't have all the hardware yet..)

Mark
Old 05-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Administrator

There are people using both.

Are you using the default STV or SageMC?

The malore menus are built into the default STV via the hidden features. There are even menu entries I added for people to use to jump directly to certain menus when using the dynamic menu system.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
There are people using both.

Are you using the default STV or SageMC?

The malore menus are built into the default STV via the hidden features. There are even menu entries I added for people to use to jump directly to certain menus when using the dynamic menu system.

- Andy
I am using the default STV.

I saw a lot of information about the disk space information being "cut off" at
the top enabling the hidden features. So I suspected I needed to:

1. Enable the unsupported features
2. Load the Dynamic menu Plug In
3. Load the malore menu STVi

So now I need only perform 1 and 2, then jump in to advanced configuration
to get both the malore menu's and the multi-pane on the recordings as shown in the screenshots?

or

just enable unsupported features in the current STV to get both
malore menu and the dynamic menu (I am really interested in being able
to see the disk space status from the dynamic meny feature to be honest.

Sorry for the noob denseness.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Administrator

The malore menus are built-in as one of the hidden features, but the dynamic menu system is not, so you'll have to import the dynamic menu system to use that in the default STV.

The built-in disk space usage bar in the hidden feature set is at the top of just about every menu, but I think it is smaller than the one from the dynamic menus.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Sage User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The malore menus are built-in as one of the hidden features, but the dynamic menu system is not, so you'll have to import the dynamic menu system to use that in the default STV.

The built-in disk space usage bar in the hidden feature set is at the top of just about every menu, but I think it is smaller than the one from the dynamic menus.

- Andy
Of course you are correct. Enabled the malore menu's. Imported the dynamic menu STV, works like a charm. I have a 62" Plasma TV and I think the size of the malore disk space @ top is just fine. It is on every menu and I left it there. I think it is really useful with the multi-pane guide and recordings menu. (I saw some complaints that it wasn't large enough in some threads I was reading). So I wouldn't want to see either removed. I love these two add on customizations, they are both excellent.

Thanks for the help Andy.

Oh one additional part of my stupidity.... After I extracted the dynamic STV in C:\...SageTV, than correctly in to C:\...SageTv\SageTv , and re-imported the STV all worked except I received a "Cannot load menu, C:\..\SageTv\SageTv\menu.xml" file is missing.

I wasn't able to find anything on this error, but after reverting to previous, I opened the previous xml file, and the SageTv_V6.3.xml file hanging out in the working directory and that same file in the zip had to more than a coincidence. Renaming this file to menu.xml of course resolved the problem.

Thanks so much again!
Sage PVR: "Pandora MP945-DR ITX System" Intel core Duo 2 x 1.8Ghz, 4GB 667Mhz DDram, SATA 500GB 7200RPM Drive, DVD+-RW, DVI-HDMI HD out, Component RGB Video out/S-Video out, TOS Optical 5.1 Audo out, USB2.0 external Hauppauge WIN-TV HVR-1950