SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 AM

Question Caching online content

Has anyone found any way to download and cache the online content during 'off' hours? My Internet connection is not fast enough to watch the content live from the Internet, and is annoying to wait for it to download each one before I can watch.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Sage User

Not within the SageTV interface. The only way I've found to do it is to use podcasting software that will allow you to schedule downloading the podcasts during your "off" hours. Then use the Media Center feature to watch the downloaded content.

I have a Linux box where I have an overnight cron job scheduled to run a program called hpodder which downloads the podcasts I want. I have a Media Center Import Directory setup to the location where hpodder downloaded the files so I can use Sage to watch my content.

Hope that helps...
Robert
Old 05-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I am not sure if you want this automated, or not, but you can start downloading a podcast in SageTV, hit pause, and hit record for it to save it to the hard drive.