SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:31 PM

Comskip,SageTv Client and WHS

I am missing something

I have read that UNC path need to be used so comskip running on a client can see the comskip files on the server.I have changed the path to the SageTv files on the server to \\sageserver\d$\shares\SageTv.
The server found all my old recordings and the client pc sees the recordings but doesn't see the comskip files.
To access the folder from the client pc I have to use the path \\sageserver\shares\SageTV.I cannot find the folder if I use the \\sageserver\d$\shares\SageTv path statement.
How do I handle the \d$ in the path statement on the client so they will be the same?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

You shouldn't share an administrative share. (d$ is a built-in administrative share.) In WHS you only use the WHS console to create your shares and give users permissions from there. If you create a share called SageTV in the drive pool it ends up at the same level as the built in Music, Photos. etc. shares. The share path will be \\WHSservername\Music, \\WHSservername\Photos, \\WHSservername\SageTV. or in your case \\sageserver\SageTV.

You need to start managing your WHS server the WHS way and not thru normal server administrative utilities except when necessary. (like formatting pool drives to 64k blocks thru the Disk Administrator.) All WHS administration is done thru the WHS console.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Sage User

Edit: Was a bit confused about how do you actually configure the client where to look for those files.
Adjusted my recording directory on the server to \\mini\Sage and it works now.

though it seems to have broken the bar up top that shows how much space is used and left. I assume it's not counting used space from the old shows.

To the original poster, if you're trying to browse for the path, i suggest you just click specify, and then type the path in as it appears in your address bar in windows explorer when you view it on the network. Also, Sage won't pick up any of your old shows as it still finds them in the original location, so what i did was exit sage server, move all the files into a new folder, run sage, exit it again, and put the files back where they were.

Last edited by JuddMan; 07-23-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I am feeling ignorant here, but I set my recording directory to \\servername\SageTV and I keep getting an error saying that Placeshifter could not access the filesystem.

Do I have to have any special permissions on this share to get it to work? If I change it back to the D:\SageTV, then everything works as expected.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Is your SageTV service running as a user that has access to the share, or as Local System?
What I've done on my setup is I have my Recorded TV drives mapped as X:\ and Y:\ on my server. I then have the Recorded TV drives mapped as X:\ and Y:\ on each of my clients. All services and all clients are run as the same user name on all systems and everything works.
Now, throwing Placeshifter into the equation might make things a little different, I don't know as Im not using it, but it works on the clients.
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair