SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Sage User

Image Widget Properties Window

Sorry if this seems trivial, but I can't seem to figure it out. So let's say I have an image widget, and in its properties window, I assign an image in it Image Source File property. Then later I decide I want to change it, so I open up its properties window again. Now at the top instead of seeing the Image: and Image Source File: property fields, I just see my image. My question is how do I change my Image Source File? I can't seem to scroll to the top and right-clicking on the image doesn't seem to do anything.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Those fields should still be there. Is your screen res too low to show the entire dialog maybe? Try putting the focus in some field near the bottom and then tabbing off the end of the dialog; it should cycle the focus back to the fields at the top.

You can also set the image dynamically by leaving it blank in the properties dialog and feeding the Image widget with an Action widget containing the filename as a text string:

Code:
(Action) "myfolder\\myfile.png"
  (Image)
If all else fails you can bring up the STV file in a text editor and edit the XML directly. (Carefully, of course, after making a backup first.)
Old 08-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Sage User

Yeah, I know about the method using the Action widget. I guess I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue regarding the image widget's properties window. My screen resolution is at the highest, so I don't know if that's the reason.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
I know exacty what you mean and I have the same issue. If I remember correctly its been like this for a very long time and is a known issue as I've seen post's about it before. I think it also affects "Pressed Image File" and "Hover Image Souce File". To get around this just delete the old image widget and add a new one.

Last edited by jaminben; 08-14-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

I have this problem too. Any way to get around it other than to delete the widget?

This is a little OT but related. The reason I want to edit the image is to see if the path to the image file uses a hardcoded "/" instead of java_io_File_separator.

Does anybody know if you use the "..." button in the properties dialog to pick an image will that still work under linux or do you need to use java_io_File_separator?

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I have this problem too. Any way to get around it other than to delete the widget?

This is a little OT but related. The reason I want to edit the image is to see if the path to the image file uses a hardcoded "/" instead of java_io_File_separator.

Does anybody know if you use the "..." button in the properties dialog to pick an image will that still work under linux or do you need to use java_io_File_separator?

Thanks,

Tom
I would use java file separator to be safe.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm updating SMW for the default. As you are well aware there are a LOT of these. Are you planning to support linux users?

The next question is HOW to change them in the image widget? Once you navigate and pick the image the path disappears and all that is left is the actual image. How the heck are you supposed to edit the path?

Also, I'd be much obliged if you could point me at those four places to look for changes between 4.00 and 4.01.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'm updating SMW for the default. As you are well aware there are a LOT of these. Are you planning to support linux users?

The next question is HOW to change them in the image widget? Once you navigate and pick the image the path disappears and all that is left is the actual image. How the heck are you supposed to edit the path?

Also, I'd be much obliged if you could point me at those four places to look for changes between 4.00 and 4.01.

Tom
I will send you a list shortly let me update it again to support latest file-system method first.

And yes I am aware there are allot of "\\" this was due to bad coding on my part and not understanding there are mac/linux users out there. I haven't had anyone complain so I am guessing no one with those o/s are running smw.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for sending the info, it will make my life a lot easier. I hope I did not come across as criticising your coding, that was not my intent. I've learned a lot by looking at your code!

I've changed most of the hard coded path separators in my port, but I still haven't figured out how to easily change the images. I think I'll have to resort to the "delete and re-add" method or just edit the XML directly.