SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Sage Icon

Ben Drawbaugh wants to rumble

I just got done listening to the latest EngadgetHD podcast. If he was serious, he wants to roundtable with 3 Sage users about Sage .vs VMC...he says he could whoop us I'm strictly EVDO only at 400kbps...so Skype for me is out. GeekTonic, you know him...set something up! LOL

P
Old 09-03-2009, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
I just got done listening to the latest EngadgetHD podcast. If he was serious, he wants to roundtable with 3 Sage users about Sage .vs VMC...he says he could whoop us I'm strictly EVDO only at 400kbps...so Skype for me is out. GeekTonic, you know him...set something up! LOL

P
I would love to be part of that roundtable I like Ben personally, but he is one sided sometimes towards media center in is reviewing/reporting, but that being said I would love to go head to head with him.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I would love to be part of that roundtable I like Ben personally, but he is one sided sometimes towards media center in is reviewing/reporting, but that being said I would love to go head to head with him.
I like Ben - he's smart, entertaining etc. But he's very one-sided (or at least very opinionated) about things - not just MediaCenter .

I'll have to think about it. I've done this before - just not with Ben. I can see Andy "babgvant" as a good person to participating in this sort of thing too.

Last edited by Brent; 09-03-2009 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 AM
Sage Icon

I think it was in reply to this commenter. They really didn't get too in depth on the subject though.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/08/26...2009/#comments

P
Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Sage Expert

Wow, if he's serious, his credit just went out the window . A lot of us moved from MCE/VMC for reasons that make any argument he might have moot. Or were we all n00bs and just didn't get it?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Wow, if he's serious, his credit just went out the window . A lot of us moved from MCE/VMC for reasons that make any argument he might have moot. Or were we all n00bs and just didn't get it?
That is where is one sidedness comes in he has it in for Sage for some reason.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, wait until he meets our onesided-ness for Sage
Old 09-03-2009, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Yeah, wait until he meets our onesided-ness for Sage
I am not completely one sides WMC has some good upoints to it and I will admit that but to me it just came down to sage outweighed the good in media center.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Sage Icon

From Ben's perspective he is right; MC is better. Of course if your perspective is artificially narrow, it's possible to come to all sorts of erroneous conclusions.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
From Ben's perspective he is right; MC is better. Of course if your perspective is artificially narrow, it's possible to come to all sorts of erroneous conclusions.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Yeah, if form is more important than function, if you like simple setup (aka limited functionality so nothing to configure), crippled extenders, and no coordination of MC machines, then yeah, MC is better
Old 09-05-2009, 12:20 AM
SageTVaholic

well.. MC's got the price competition won... ;-) though you DO get what you pay for....

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That is where is one sidedness comes in he has it in for Sage for some reason.
So I've got my morning coffee and decided to search around for a good ol' flame war with this Drawbough thing. I'm very disappointed to say the least.... I must have missed the comment during the podcast (or wrong one) so I searched around and found his review of the hd200 in Feb...... which was one of the best 'short' reviews I've read (outside sage fanatic land). Very unbiased and on point. ?I must be missing something - where's the controversy?
Old 09-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Sage Icon

I wouldn't call it a flame war. 2 podcasts back he read some comments about people switching to Sage because DirecTV and now Dish have cancelled tuners for VMC. That prompted a comment from someone on the EHD blog. In the last podcast, he commented on that comment (dizzy yet ) that he wanted to roundtable with 3 Sage users and that he would win the debate. No war, just friendly jabbing. I like him as well - funny as heck.

P