SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
Im not sure but i think UPnP2Podcast.exe can't find my Upnp server. Looking at the C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\UPnP2Podcast.log log file,
i see " ! Error! Couldn't find UPnP Device". Could that be the problem? How do i debug this? HD200 in standalone mode finds it OK.

One more thing, I am hosting Playon on a server that SAGETV is NOT running on since Playon needs a powerful server. This should not matter, right?
Nope, you're issue is definitely on the Plug-in, that log looks very really strange. I don't think my tool likes the
Code:
Program Files (x86)
in your path name. I'll take a look at that.

Edit: I can see you're problem, but I can't figure out how the heck its happening? Can you open up a command prompt and run this command?
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\UPnP2Podcast.exe" "PlayOn:Hulu:+2"
and post the log file it generates.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 01-15-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I actually like PlayON's new formating much better, the old one was pretty poorly organized. You just didn't see it because I reformatted it manually for this Plug-in.
Such is life... Thanks for all you do.

-J
Old 01-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Nope, you're issue is definitely on the Plug-in, that log looks very really strange. I don't think my tool likes the
Code:
Program Files (x86)
in your path name. I'll take a look at that.

Edit: I can see you're problem, but I can't figure out how the heck its happening? Can you open up a command prompt and run this command?
Code:
and post the log file it generates.
Here it is (not sure why there are references to itunes):

C:\Users\James>"C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\UPnP2Podcast.exe" "PlayOn:Hulu:+2"
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:itunes="http://www.itunes.com/dtds/podcast-1.0.dtd"
xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
<channel>
<title>No Videos Found</title>
<description>UPnP2Podcast v1.6 PlayOn:Hulu:+2</description>
<language>en-us</language>
<itunes:summary>No Videos Found</itunes:summary>
<itunes:subtitle>No Videos Found</itunes:subtitle>
<item>
<description>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:Hulu:+2). Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean tha
t there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</description>
<pubDate>1981-09-15</pubDate>
<itunes:subtitle>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:Hulu:+2). Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean
that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:duration>00:46:35</itunes:duration>
<enclosure url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.mpg" length="1668940000" type="video/mpeg2" />
<media:content duration="2795" medium="video" fileSize="1668940000" url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.mpg" type="video/mpeg2">
<media:title>No Videos Found</media:title>
<media:description>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:Hulu:+2). Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could
mean that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</media:description>
<media:thumbnail url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.jpg"/>
</media:content>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>

C:\Users\James>

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 01-15-2010, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

And now can you try via SageTV "Online Services->ABC->Better off Ted" and then post the UPnP2Podcast.log?

Quote:
not sure why there are references to itunes
Its just how Sage wants the podcast feed formated.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 01-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can't find upnp device

elcome to UPnP2Podcast v1.6!
+ Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV
+ Parameters
- (PlayOn:Hulu:TV:Full Episodes:B:^Better.Off.Ted$:Episodes:+2)
+ Search String: PlayOn:Hulu:TV:Full Episodes:B:^Better.Off.Ted$:Episodes:+2
- Looking for UPnP Server: PlayOn
! Error! Couldn't find UPnP Device: (PlayOn)
<----------------- Feed ------------------>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:itunes="http://www.itunes.com/dtds/podcast-1.0.dtd"
xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
<channel>
<description>UPnP2Podcast v1.6 PlayOn:Hulu:TV:Full Episodes:B:^Better.Off.Ted$:Episodes:+2</description>
<language>en-us</language>
<itunes:summary>No Videos Found</itunes:summary>
<itunes:subtitle>No Videos Found</itunes:subtitle>
<item>
<description>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:Hulu:TV:Full Episodes:B:^Better.Off.Ted$:Episodes:+2). Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</description>
<pubDate>1981-09-15</pubDate>
<itunes:subtitle>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:Hulu:TV:Full Episodes:B:^Better.Off.Ted$:Episodes:+2). Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:duration>00:46:35</itunes:duration>
<enclosure url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.mpg" length="1668940000" type="video/mpeg2" />
<media:content duration="2795" medium="video" fileSize="1668940000" url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.mpg" type="video/mpeg2">
<media:title>No Videos Found</media:title>
<media:description>No videos found for UPnP search string (PlayOn:Hulu:TV:Full Episodes:B:^Better.Off.Ted$:Episodes:+2). Since online videos are constantly being added and removed this could mean that there are just no videos available at this time. (This message is from the UPnP2Podcast Plug-in)</media:description>
<media:thumbnail url="http://127.0.0.1/fake.jpg"/>
</media:content>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>

Old 01-15-2010, 03:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmm, now that looks completely different than your first log.

Can you re-run the manual test and post the UPnP2Podcast.log rather than just the output?

Code:

Old 01-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

When i run the command from a command line, it outputs to the screen and not the log file. Whenever i run the UPnP2Podcast.exe file from a command line i get the same output regardless of what parameter is given to it.

I've attached the output of:
C:\Users\James>"C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\UPnP2Podcast.exe" "PlayOn:Hulu:+2" >> out.log
Attached Files
File Type: zip out.zip (703 Bytes, 292 views)

Old 01-15-2010, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
When i run the command from a command line, it outputs to the screen and not the log file. Whenever i run the UPnP2Podcast.exe file from a command line i get the same output regardless of what parameter is given to it.

I've attached the output of:
C:\Users\James>"C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\UPnP2Podcast.exe" "PlayOn:Hulu:+2" >> out.log
That's weird, it should always generate a log file. Can you try deleting the log file before you run from the cmd line?

Old 01-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry, it did create a log - the time me off. here it is:
Attached Files
File Type: zip UPnP2Podcast.zip (845 Bytes, 289 views)

Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Its all a little above me. I can basically unzip it into its directory, but if it don't work, there is not a whole lot I can do without the help of a lot of kind people. Just gotta be patient, is all.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the only reason it doesnt work for you is because this plugin was meant for a 32bit only OS. It simply works right out of the box (at least for me) if you use a 32bit OS an the latest Playon and latest version of this software. Works great under my Vista 32 box. What makes things more complicated is not keeping all the backend/server stuff on the same machine.

Quote:
This plugin does not work..bummer

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just installed the latest SageTV client on a clean XP 32-bit system and installed the UPnP2Podcast_v1_6 plugin only. Here is the log. It did connect to the server but did not download any videos. Something is definitely broken with the plugin.

James
Attached Files
File Type: zip UPnP2Podcast.zip (1.5 KB, 301 views)

Old 01-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok- after i copied the updated CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Hulu.properties file i CAN get HULU video feeds as well as others with my XP-32bit client.

So is this a 32/64-bit issue? Not sure why it would matter other than the path descriptions. All my clients and server are on either Vista or Win7 64 bit which i can't get working.

The XP 32 bit test i just did does work. wow.

Thanks EP for workignon this. But it would be great if you can fix the 64-bit problem since my Sage server is on 64-bit.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Most apps which are 32 bit based will go under %ProgramFiles% environment variable. From a command prompt (dos prompt, type,
"Set P" without the quotes and press enter. Under a 64 bit OS, 32 bit apps will be installed under, C:\Program Files (x86)\ by default (which is different than a 32bit OS that installs 32bit apps under C:\Program Files\. This sageTV playon addon appears to be meant for C:\Program Files\.

That's why there are usually installers for a 64 bit OSs and a separate installer for a 32 bit OS. For some apps, it doesnt matter if a 32bit app runs under a 64bit OS because it's not path sensitive. I have no idea why you had to manually copy files to a location if they were extracted correctly in the first place. Anyway, I'm sincerely glad you got it working under your 32bit OS; because I honestly think this is one of the best addons ever; right up there with BMT and Slimplayer.

Quote:
Ok- after i copied the updated CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Hulu.properties file i CAN get HULU video feeds as well as others with my XP-32bit client.

So is this a 32/64-bit issue? Not sure why it would matter other than the path descriptions. All my clients and server are on either Vista or Win7 64 bit which i can't get working.

Thanks EP for workignon this. But it would be great if you can fix the 64-bit problem since my Sage server is on 64-bit.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-15-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've been working fairly well until now that i put the 1.6a patch on. no i get no videos found.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UPnP2Podcast.zip (848 Bytes, 288 views)
Old 01-15-2010, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzup View Post
I've been working fairly well until now that i put the 1.6a patch on. no i get no videos found.
Try restarting the PlayON service. Also, the .exe's are 100% the same between 1.6 and 1.6a (just updated the hulu .properties file) so theres no reason it should have stopped working

Last edited by evilpenguin; 01-15-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Quote:
I just installed the latest SageTV client on a clean XP 32-bit system and installed the UPnP2Podcast_v1_6 plugin only. Here is the log. It did connect to the server but did not download any videos. Something is definitely broken with the plugin.

James
32-bit worked just fine from the start, there were just no CBS->Cold Case videos available. Please use ABC->Better Off Ted for all testing.

For 64-bit, plenty of people have it working just fine so theres probably some issues with your network. Try disabling the Win7 firewall and UAC and see if that helps.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile Now it's workign under x64

I think i had a corrupted UpnP*.EXE plugin file because when i replaced it on my Win7 X64 SageTV server, i was able to view all the videos from the PlayOn server which i have hosted in a WinXP 32-Bit Virtual machine on another server so i can blow it away when my trial runs out until i'm confident enough to purchase a license. I can now use both my HD100 and HD200 with Playon.

Now i am not sure why my Vista X64 SageTV client returns no videos found but maybe the install is screwed up. I have to research that further.

Nice piece of work your plugin is, EP. Thanks for that. You must have spent a ton of hours developing it.

Thanks to others who have also helped me, too.

James

Old 01-15-2010, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Whooohoooo! I'm so glad its working for you and I was completely wrong. Welcome to the happy Playon users group! This is one of the few moments I'm so happy to be wrong and someone got it all working!

I guess I should save the support issues to EvilPenguin, who I can't even compare his technical expertise to mine. I just tried to help; even if I couldn't do it correctly.

Quote:
I think i had a corrupted UpnP*.EXE plugin file because when i replaced it on my Win7 X64 SageTV server, i was able to view all the videos from the PlayOn server which i have hosted in a WinXP 32-Bit Virtual machine on another server so i can blow it away when my trial runs out until i'm confident enough to purchase a license. I can now use both my HD100 and HD200 with Playon.

Now i am not sure why my Vista X64 SageTV client returns no videos found but maybe the install is screwed up. I have to research that further.

Nice piece of work your plugin is, EP. Thanks for that. You must have spent a ton of hours developing it.

Thanks to others who have also helped me, too.

James

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Sage User

No video - No files - No Log

I just loaded the PlayOn trial and the UPnP2Podcast.exe plugin but I'm 100% sure I am missing something. . .

All of the sources show up, NBC, CBS, Netflix, Hulu etc, but when I click on them there is nothing but a blank screen. No videos, no folders for videos, nada.

I went to find the log of UPnP2Podcast.exe and there is nothing. I did a search for UPnP2Podcast and found lots of property files etc, but no *.log

I am on page 8 of 50 searching and will continue to read through the thread, but if anyone has a link to help that would be great.

I also tried the troubleshooting on post 2, there is no temp.xml file either, so I reloaded as instructed. No luck there. I also disabled my firewall.

Do you have to activate UPnP2Podcast.exe in sage somewhere?

Also to note, the settings in the sage online screen for playon also show up blank.

System right now is just the sageTV server on the same computer as Playon and the TV output. I do have an HD100/200 but I haven't started on that yet. . .
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon