SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
However, last night one of the two TV seasons that I had in the queue stopped showing its individual episodes. All that shows up is a single entry for the entire season

-Suntan
Just FYI, I did some digging on the Play On forums and apparently this is a problem with Play On that others are having with random TV series, so it likely is not anything to do with the plugin.

FWIW, they said they are actively working on it, in case anyone else runs into this problem.

-EDIT- The most recent update to Play On fixes the problem.

-Suntan

Last edited by Suntan; 03-09-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to have the Netflix Instant Queue download more than the top 50 in the queue?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 03-09-2010, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
Is there a way to have the Netflix Instant Queue download more than the top 50 in the queue?
Yes. In CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Netflix.properties, change this:

Code:
xFeedPodcastCustom/aaNetflixQueue=xPodcastBrowseNetflix;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Netflix:Instant Queue:Queue Top 50:+2
to this:

Code:
xFeedPodcastCustom/aaNetflixQueue=xPodcastBrowseNetflix;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Netflix:Instant Queue:Alphabetical:+4
But be aware that the change won't be permanent and will be overwritten by the next update. To get around that, you could create your own feed file, but that's a more involved project.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Greg - it worked like a charm!

Dan
Old 03-10-2010, 12:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
But be aware that the change won't be permanent and will be overwritten by the next update. To get around that, you could create your own feed file, but that's a more involved project.
Blocking feed updates is pretty easy you can either...
  1. Set the feed version at the top of the files to ridiculously far in the future to block a specific file from being updated (Make sure to do it for both the links and text .properties files)
    Code:
    # Version=20120101
  2. If you create a file named tinFoilHat.txt in the SageTV directory none of my .properties files will ever update

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 03-10-2010, 12:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Also, FYI, the new Comedy Central feeds are out so if you haven't installed the Scripts+Comedy Central plug-in Daily Show and Colbert Report won't work anymore.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

I installed the new plugin, tried to watch a Hulu Queue show via HD200 extender, but I'm getting "Error: the requested video was not found on server".

The Sagetv server also freezes at that point, and doesn't restart until I stop PlayON.

Mick
HP Mediasmart EX-485 server with 4.5tb storage, running Sagetv 7.0.23; 2 Hauppauge HD-PVRs; 2 Directv Receivers (H20 and H21 channel changing by usb/serial/usb cables); 4 Sagetv HD-200s; 1 Sagetv HD-300; Carada Criterion 126" screen; Definitive Technology speakers (UIW RLS II x 3, UIW BP/A x 2, DI 5.5BPS x 2, IWSub 10/10), Pioneer KRP-500M Kuro plasma; Pioneer Elite SC-07 receiver; Panasonic TH-50PH9UK plasma; Sharp Aquos LC-C4067U LCD; Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray player.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mick,

Perhaps someone here more knowledgeable with your hardware could comment on this, but on first glance it appears that your HP Mediasmart may not have enough juice. Do you notice the cpu spike when this happens?

BTW, I have to say, that is a mighty fine looking brew you're holding up there. Guinness? Makes me thirsty

EDIT: What are the specs on your server?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Perhaps someone here more knowledgeable with your hardware could comment on this, but on first glance it appears that your HP Mediasmart may not have enough juice. Do you notice the cpu spike when this happens?
This hasn't been a problem until recently, so not sure why that would be it now.

BTW, I have to say, that is a mighty fine looking brew you're holding up there. Guinness? Makes me thirsty [/QUOTE]

Yes, that's a Guinness, but I have Murphy's on tap in my pub (in my house) - another favorite!
HP Mediasmart EX-485 server with 4.5tb storage, running Sagetv 7.0.23; 2 Hauppauge HD-PVRs; 2 Directv Receivers (H20 and H21 channel changing by usb/serial/usb cables); 4 Sagetv HD-200s; 1 Sagetv HD-300; Carada Criterion 126" screen; Definitive Technology speakers (UIW RLS II x 3, UIW BP/A x 2, DI 5.5BPS x 2, IWSub 10/10), Pioneer KRP-500M Kuro plasma; Pioneer Elite SC-07 receiver; Panasonic TH-50PH9UK plasma; Sharp Aquos LC-C4067U LCD; Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray player.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdaly View Post
I installed the new plugin, tried to watch a Hulu Queue show via HD200 extender, but I'm getting "Error: the requested video was not found on server".

The Sagetv server also freezes at that point, and doesn't restart until I stop PlayON.

Mick
People have been reporting strange issues with PlayON installed on WHS for a while. I'd say the first step for debugging would be to try installing PlayON on a 2nd machine on the network (disable it on the WHS machine also) then try playing back a hulu video. If that works it'll prolly rule out Sage as the problem.

Another thing would be to try putting PlayON back on your WHS machine and playing back the videos via another device. Any UPnP capable device will do, my Xbox360 works great for this, the HD200 in standalone mode works as well, but its painfully slow. If that works that means PlayOn's good and Sage is the problem.

edit: A quick thing to try would be to playback ESPN or CNN videos as they don't require as much horse power on the server.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 03-10-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdaly View Post
Yes, that's a Guinness, but I have Murphy's on tap in my pub (in my house) - another favorite!
I'm jealous. Cheers to you
Old 03-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
People have been reporting strange issues with PlayON installed on WHS for a while. I'd say the first step for debugging would be to try installing PlayON on a 2nd machine on the network (disable it on the WHS machine also) then try playing back a hulu video. If that works it'll prolly rule out Sage as the problem.

Another thing would be to try putting PlayON back on your WHS machine and playing back the videos via another device. Any UPnP capable device will do, my Xbox360 works great for this, the HD200 in standalone mode works as well, but its painfully slow. If that works that means PlayOn's good and Sage is the problem.

edit: A quick thing to try would be to playback ESPN or CNN videos as they don't require as much horse power on the server.
Installing PlayOn on my desktop (per your advice) I discovered an update to PlayOn, so I installed it on both WHS and desktop, and now it works fine running on either!?!

Many thanks!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Trying to get Plugin working for first time...

Hi,

I am a SageMC user, but understand this plugin only works with the STV3. So, I reloaded SageTV3 and am trying to make sure I have updated to the latest version using the Update STV menu item in Setup/Detailed/Advanced, but it is not there. In its place, there's a menu option to relead SageMC. I re-downloaded the 6.6 STV3 from this site, overwrote the existing file, and reloaded STV3, but same thing. Did SageMC replace a menu file somewhere that needs to be restored? Where canm I get it?

The plugin is not working for me, so I assume I am not wuite to the latest STV version.

Please help,
Peter

Sage Server - Dual Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 4 TB RAID 0 Disk, 5 x HD-PVR (BellTV HD), 5 x USB-UIRT, Windows 7 64-Bit on VMWare ESXI 5.1, SageTV 9.x Open Source
Clients #1 to #3 - HD300
Client #4 - Shield Android TV running Mini Client
Client #5 - Sony Bravia Android TV running Mini Client
Old 03-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by plawlor View Post
Hi,

I am a SageMC user, but understand this plugin only works with the STV3. So, I reloaded SageTV3 and am trying to make sure I have updated to the latest version using the Update STV menu item in Setup/Detailed/Advanced, but it is not there. In its place, there's a menu option to relead SageMC. I re-downloaded the 6.6 STV3 from this site, overwrote the existing file, and reloaded STV3, but same thing. Did SageMC replace a menu file somewhere that needs to be restored? Where canm I get it?

The plugin is not working for me, so I assume I am not wuite to the latest STV version.

Please help,
Peter
Nevermind... I found the thread on Vista users not having this option along with the link to the manual STV download. Working now...

Peter

Sage Server - Dual Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 4 TB RAID 0 Disk, 5 x HD-PVR (BellTV HD), 5 x USB-UIRT, Windows 7 64-Bit on VMWare ESXI 5.1, SageTV 9.x Open Source
Clients #1 to #3 - HD300
Client #4 - Shield Android TV running Mini Client
Client #5 - Sony Bravia Android TV running Mini Client
Old 03-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Yes. In CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Netflix.properties, change this:

Code:
xFeedPodcastCustom/aaNetflixQueue=xPodcastBrowseNetflix;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Netflix:Instant Queue:Queue Top 50:+2
to this:

Code:
xFeedPodcastCustom/aaNetflixQueue=xPodcastBrowseNetflix;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Netflix:Instant Queue:Alphabetical:+4
Got ready to do this and found that I had a bunch of CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Netflix.properties files [see Atach].
Which one should I modify, please? And how come I have these different version? Do I need to keep them all or can some go away?

Thanks much,

Bill Cole
Attached Images
File Type: png 00312 sagetv_netflix_properties.png (7.7 KB, 251 views)
Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Bill,

I'm not sure about this but it appears as though those search results are referring to the same file. It just came up six times with the file path referenced a different way. I don't think that you could have four files with the same name in the same folder as the middle four results would suggest.

Navigate to those files using windows explorer and confirm that those aren't the same file.

Last edited by petereader; 03-12-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Can't count
Old 03-12-2010, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacole View Post
Got ready to do this and found that I had a bunch of CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_Netflix.properties files [see Atach].
Which one should I modify, please? And how come I have these different version? Do I need to keep them all or can some go away?

Thanks much,

Bill Cole
Its that last one, that's the path where online services .properties files live.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I recently upgraded playon to the most current version 2.59.3720 and video playback quality is back to normal or even better than what it was originally for Hulu feeds. But ever since Hulu changed the way they did the playback my quality has been horrible but now I'm happy again with playon and hulu.

So if you havn't already done so try upgrading your playon.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 03-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Need help with PlayOn Plugin

Hello All,

If someone can point me into the correct direction it would be most appreciative!!

I have the Scripts plugin(0.9.0.0) installed on PlayOn and it is enabled
I have restarted both Sage and the PlayOn server a number of times
I have downloaded the scripts(.lua files) into the Mediamall/Scripts/Plugins folder

where should we see these new categories appear .. I can't seem to find them under the Online Services menu area of SAGE

Is there something else we must do ....

-Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 03-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Bill,

I'm not sure about this but it appears as though those search results are referring to the same file. It just came up six times with the file path referenced a different way. I don't think that you could have four files with the same name in the same folder as the middle four results would suggest.

Navigate to those files using windows explorer and confirm that those aren't the same file.
Thanks much. I checked it again after I had done the update and, lo and behold, just one file. Go figure. Oh, the update worked great. Thanks to all for the work and the help.

Tags
amazon vod, hulu, internet video streaming, netflix, online content, online services, online videos, playon