SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Sage User

Solved: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - Sage won't start

Quote:
I've installed Sage on Windows 7 Ultimate RTM 64 bit with the USB UIRT and HVR 2250.

Aside from having to disable driver signature enforcement on bootup (sub par) because of the USB UIRT drivers not being digitally signed, it had been working.

Now, perhaps due to the planets going out of alignment, Sage will not start, nor will the Sage TV service fire up. When I attempt to start the service I get

" Windows could not start the SageTV service on Local Computer.
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly. "

I installed SageTV with elevated priviliges, turned off Windows firewall and antivirus (for testing), made an exclusion for SageTV.exe and SageTVService.exe in the Data Execution Prevention dialogue, Uninstalled, reinstalled umpteen times, even changed the Log On user account to the Administrator account for good measure - and no joy. The only thing I haven't done yet is draw a pentagram in chalk on my floor and sacrifice a chicken.

If anyone out there has any ideas on what I may be missing, I'd appreciate your thoughts. And please - I'm running 64 bit for a reason, so it is not an acceptable option to run 32 bit (even though technically Sage is running in 32 bit mode along with Java anyway).

Thanks.
In case anyone ever encounters this little gem - I hope this helps. I ended up downloading and reinstalling Java 32 bit, and low and behold - Sage is back.

No chickens were hurt in the resolution of this problem.

Last edited by radams; 10-11-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Neglected to specify this is the RTM release
Old 10-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Same issue here

I've found that when i reboot my server, the Sage service won't start. i go into taskman and kill any running SageTV process and start the service manually. Haven't looked into it further.

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 11-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Sage User

I saw the same thing. Killed it from taskmgr and then started the service ok.

Tags
64 bit, error 1067, windows 7