SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Best practices to avoid/fix the file system view problem with BMT?

I've believe I've done my reading, however I am brand new to SageTV so I could've missed something. I am using Phoenix and the beta SageMC all from the very last post in the SageMC Pre-release thread (release 12). However, I am still getting a totally messed up file system view in SageMC whenever I refresh my library.

I followed the instructions here: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0A...tya2JmZg&hl=en. This is a totally clean SageTV.

I installed SageTV. I installed SageMC. I Installed the newest beta (release 12) SageMC from the pre-release thread as well as the phoenix file posted there. I installed Jetty. I installed the newest BMT. I configured it in the web app as well as in SageMC. I added a directory of videos to SageTV. I messed with the regex so BMT web recognized and found my media metadata.

Everything was looking ok, then I added another directory to SageTV and refreshed the media. All of a sudden file system view shows only 1 video and there are no directories or anything. If I choose the all videos view, I get a long list of all my videos, so they are all still there in SageTV's database.

If I am reading correctly, these are the symptoms of an issue with SageMC and BMT 3.

I don't care too much about SageTV's current database of my videos (aka my current wiz.bin, I believe). This is a new setup and I am still playing, so deleting wiz.bin is not an issue.

What I would like to know is what is the best practice to avoid this happening when I do care about SageTV's database of my videos?

Thank you!

Last edited by lash; 10-31-2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-31-2009, 06:01 AM
SageTVaholic

So, based on your description, it looks like you've installed the add-ons in the following order,
SageMC
SageMC (b12)
Phoenix
Jetty
BMT

If that is the order, then i can see 1 problem. SageMC (b12) is newer than BMT, but both SageMC (b12) and BMT share 1 critical library, phoenix.jar. So, given that BMT (3.1) is older than the SageMC (b12), then when you installed BMT it would have downgraded SageMC's phoenix.jar to an older version.

Currently the install order should be...
SageMC
BMT
SageMC (betas)

And jetty can go in at any time.

Part of the enhancement that meinmaui did in sagemc to fix the filesystem view (caused by bmt), relies on an api call in the version of the phoenix.jar that ships with the betas, but is not included in the bmt 3.1 (because it's older).

Eventually, I'll get around to do a new build of bmt that will also contain the updated phoenix.jar.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks again! Its always the little things, isn't it? That seems to have cleared up the problem.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is their any way of fixing this issue besides a reinstall of SageTV and installing it in the correct order as I have been using other beta versions prior to using BMT. I tried reverting back to the original sagemc, extracting the BMT to sagetv directory, and then loading the latest sagemc beta. But the file system view only still works in the original sagemc.

Edit: Nevermind got it going.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD

Last edited by chrisc983; 01-21-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Sage Fanatic

I am having a weird problem and I think it is related to the above. I ended up upgraded to BMT 4.0(18) and ever since then the File System View in SageMC isn't showing all of the movies. I have to change the filter to all movies and then I see everything. Any ideas what might be wrong here?

Thanks!

Neil
Old 04-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

I had the same issue but i went to build 21 and was still having the same issue tell i did a refresh libary entire scan and that fixed my issue. Other then the first folder is still missing the first letter of the folder
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 04-06-2010, 05:32 AM
SageTVaholic

@Dreameriz - maybe you could do the vfs debug logging that's outlined in the 4.0 beta thread and send me the support logs. I wasn't aware that the "missing first letter" issue was still an issue.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Here is the log from my vfs

Thanks again for this great Tool and all the time that you put into it is so aswome'
Attached Files
File Type: zip phoenix.log4j.zip (802 Bytes, 184 views)
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
Here is the log from my vfs

Thanks again for this great Tool and all the time that you put into it is so aswome'
Thanks for the zip file... but it doesn't contain the log files...just the configurations If you use the "Create Support Request" from the "Tools" menu, in the web ui, then it will build a zip file will all the log files. You can then post or email that zip file.

Thanks,
Sean.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

I upgraded to the latest release of the beta and the problem is solved!

Thanks,

Neil