SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Any way to work on two different STVs at the same time?

I want to update my "Sage Movie Wall for the default STV" import to include Plucky's latest fixes and I'm thinking the easiest way to do this would be if I could have two Studio frames side by side with a different STV loaded into each one. Is that possible?

Anybody have any suggestions on the most efficient way to get the differences between two STVi's? The lexical file difference in studio does not give enough detail and the UID file difference gives too much..

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:20 PM
SageTVaholic

You can open multiple Studio windows using Tools > Launch Another Frame, but they can't be used to view a second STV. All Studio frames view the STV currently loaded into the SageTV UI; to view a second STV, you'd have to launch a separate instance of SageTV Client with its own UI (probably on a separate machine to avoid licensing conflicts).

I don't know the history of your Movie Wall port, but if it was created by importing the original Movie Wall STVI and then modifying it, then it should share a UID space with the original. In that case your best approach might be to do a UID compare of Movie Wall version N with version N+1, generate an STVI, import that into your fork of Movie Wall, and then manually resolve any errors.

On the other hand if your port was created by re-implementing the features from scratch, then there won't be any UIDs in common and a UID-based STVI won't do you any good. In that case you're pretty much stuck with eyeballing the code and manually applying changes.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Greg,

I came to the same conclusion on using a second machine. I have two Client licenses so I think the easiest thing to do is put Studio on a laptop next to my main development machine.

The port was done by copying everything into the default STV and then fixing up all the dependencies. In the end a lot changed so I do not think the STVi import method you outlined will work.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Greg,

I came to the same conclusion on using a second machine. I have two Client licenses so I think the easiest thing to do is put Studio on a laptop next to my main development machine.

The port was done by copying everything into the default STV and then fixing up all the dependencies. In the end a lot changed so I do not think the STVi import method you outlined will work.

Tom
Tom you could just aks the old guy plucky the 3 spots it changed and he could tell you or you could take the v4 and compare it againt 4.01

FYI I will be realesing a small patch this week for filesystem view again
Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 AM
SageTVaholic

OK Old Guy - Where did you change it?

I did a diff and there appeared to be a lot, which is why I did not ask in the first place. I don;t want to distract you from Ortus, which I am expecting will pull me away from the default STV