SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Howto show options menu onload of OSD, then close when loaded

Hi,

I've made some moddifications to the standard STV and now I'm using SageMC with some of my own customizations. Most of the customizations I've done are not graphical things, more like keeping the user from seeking forward when too close to live.

My problem is, my R5000 units take around 15 seconds to load a live stream. Whenever I start I live recording, it goes to the OSD screen and just sits there black until the program loads. I'd like to get a "waiting bar" indicating to the user that the show is loading, so they know something is happening.

I've successfully done this from the Program Info screen when the user clicks watch. The options dialog opens up, shows the waiting bar, then goes away when the OSD menu loads. I tried copying this options dialog to the OSD AfterMenuLoad hook. Then I tried putting a CloseOptionsMenu call in the OSD MediaPlayerFileLoadComplete hook when FullyLoaded.

It loads, but my text does not display. Also, it does not go away! It seems like my OSD MediaPlayerFileLoadComplete hook isn't getting executed. What am I doing wrong? I also tried adding the MediaPlayerFileLoadComplete hook to my options menu and putting a SageCommand("Back") in there, but that didn't work either.

I've attached a screen shot of my options menu.

Thanks,
Sean
Attached Images
File Type: png osd_waiting_options.png (45.8 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by redondo_se; 01-21-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Added question mark to title.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Think I should have posted this in the Studio section of the forum. If a mod sees this would you move it please?

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
You could try moving your text down past the shape widgets. If the text is below your shapes they will cover the text up, unless of course you've reduced the transparency or used layers.

Not sure about the other problem.

Cheers

Ben
Old 01-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
You could try moving your text down past the shape widgets. If the text is below your shapes they will cover the text up, unless of course you've reduced the transparency or used layers.
You're right. That's why my text wasn't being displayed. But, it works like that in the other location. Maybe it's due to a theme in the other location.

I finally got it working. I ended up showing the options menu in the MediaPlayerFileLoadComplete hook of the OSD menu. Then I added MediaPlayerFileLoadComplete hook to the options menu. It gets loaded by the OSD::MediaPlayerFileLoadComplete when FullyLoaded is false, then unloaded in the Options::MediaPlayerFileLoadComplete when FullyLoaded is true.

However, for some reason, my OSD::MediaPlayerFileLoadComplete doesn't seem to get called with FullyLoaded false the first time the OSD menu is loaded after starting SageTV. So, I had to check for that in the OSD::AfterMenuLoaded hook and load my options menu from there for the first time only.

I've attached an image with my "code."

Thanks,
Sean
Attached Images
File Type: png osd_waiting_options_working.png (61.6 KB, 240 views)