SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Sage Icon

Whats the best way to generate comskip files for HD TS files?

I use ShowAnalyzer 0.97 to generate comskip files for mpeg files, and use the comskip_playback.stvi to playback the comskipped files.

Whats the best way to generate comskip files for HD TS files? I've tried generating comskip files using ShowAnalyzer version 1.0.57.780, and it that does not work. I've tried generating the comskip files with Comskip version 0.80.030, that does not work either, even with the "volume_slip=150" parameter change.

When I try playing back TS files that have been processed, no commericals were detected. Meanwhile, commercial skipping works great when playing back mpeg files.

Dave
Old 01-24-2010, 10:36 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to verify which part isn't working. the analysis and generation of .edl file, or the reading of the file on playback. Are the .edl files being generated? if so, do they contain commercial blocks? If they are in place, and show skip points, then SA/Comskip is functioning properly, and it's an STV issue.

I do know earlier versions of the ComSkip import were hardcoded to work with .mpg files (they way they worked was to strip .mpg from the end of the file and add .txt or .edl). I know at one point I had to add the .avi portion in myself. .ts may also be missing, not sure (I don't have any .ts files).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-24-2010, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I've tried generating the comskip files with Comskip version 0.80.030, that does not work either, even with the "volume_slip=150" parameter change.

Dave
Are you logging in with a user name and password and getting the donator's version? I've been using comskip exclusively for quite awhile and successfully scan all of my HD-PVR (h.264) recordings for commercials. I have much better success and results with comskip in comparison to SA v 1.0.55.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah SA 1.0 has been working quite well lately for my HD PVR and R5000 recordings. Previously comskip worked fine when I just had the HD PVR (and SA 0.9 doing my HDHR recordings).
Old 01-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Are you logging in with a user name and password and getting the donator's version? I've been using comskip exclusively for quite awhile and successfully scan all of my HD-PVR (h.264) recordings for commercials. I have much better success and results with comskip in comparison to SA v 1.0.55.

Gerry
I wasn't using the donator version. I made a donation this morning. The web site said something about on the Comskip web page about having no Internet access till August 10th, so I though it could be a long wait to get the download site information. However, about 90 minutes after I made the donation, I got access to the download web site.

I downloaded the Comskip 0.80.030 donator version. The Comskip 0.80.030 donator version worked to process a TS file when I changed the "volume_slip=40" comskip.ini parameter to "volume_slip=150".

I only tested it on one HD TS file from a HGTV program so far. It seemed like it was a lot slower than SA processing mpeg files. However, I was doing a lot of file copying on the computer at the time. Comskip did an excellent job on the TS file that I processed. The commercial skipping was close to perfect on playback.

I haven't tried processing an mpeg file with Comskip yet. I normally use ShowAnalyzer 0.97 for all the mpeg files.

Dave
Old 01-24-2010, 10:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I'd say as a general rule, SA is far faster than Comskip. Out of the box settings in Comskip do seem to do a better job than SA. I have a feeling SA will be much better with some settings tweaking, which would yield you the accuracy, AND the speed.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
It seemed like it was a lot slower than SA processing mpeg files.
Dave
there is a skip_b_frames setting that skips frames to make it faster. I forget if it works for h.264, but I use it. It may speed things up for you.