SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow STV import: Movie Trailers

Movie Trailers - Version 1.2

Inspired by the movie_trailer plugin for sagemc, which I codeveloped with mkanet I went out to port it to the default STV. This is the result.

Stvi plugin for the default STV to add a movie trailers/youtube clips button to the Video file options dialog. It leverages the SageTV Online Services YouTube channel for serving high quality trailers and video clips.

Now you can preview a movie (watching the trailer) from the Guide before scheduling to record it.
Also find movie trailer or related YouTube clips for a selected tv airing, recorded tv show, video file, DVD or Bluray.

The movie trailers button appears for airings with category Movie or File.
All other categories will show the YouTube clips button.
The difference in behavior is that the movie trailer option adds "Movie Trailer" to the search string and filters the results to only contain genuine trailer clips.

TIP:
Use SageTV Setup/Detailed Setup/Customize/Online Videos Options/YouTube Video Quality=HD 1080p to get Movie Trailer HD quality videos.

KNOWN ISSUE:
The single first search after sagetv was restarted will always result in an empty list. Just issue the same search again.

installation
  1. download zip file: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/downloa...d=358&act=down
  2. stop sagetv
  3. unzip archive into c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv
  4. restart sagetv
  5. import stvi in advanced setup

Version History
  • 1.2 - port from sagemc version 1.2

Thanks Michael for the great idea and the perseverance

Last edited by koelec; 01-26-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: add ref to sagemc version
Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

This looks excellent, Koelec! Thanks!

I'm downloading it right away to try it out. Don't know if it's possible (or maybe already exists) but is there any way to automate the downloading of trailers based on the existing files in the default import directories? It would be very handy for the up and coming "MyMovies for SageTV" that pluckyHD is working on.

Thanks for this, regardless!

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 01-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGPfan View Post

I'm downloading it right away to try it out. Don't know if it's possible (or maybe already exists) but is there any way to automate the downloading of trailers based on the existing files in the default import directories? It would be very handy for the up and coming "MyMovies for SageTV" that pluckyHD is working on.

-PGPfan
This is an stv-code only plugin which is leveraging the built-in online services (which keeps plugin maintenance to a minimum). Downloading trailers in the background is quite a different approach and beyond the scope of this plugin.

-Chris
Old 01-26-2010, 11:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Right on Chris for releasing the STV version! Now people finally have integrated movie trailer searches for both the standard STV and even SageMC! Looks, fluff, presentation addons are pretty common these days (which are pretty fun); but, its a breath of fresh air to see something that adds useful, one-of-a-kind features which look like they should just be builtin to sageTV out of the box ...like the IMDB addon. I would definitely be using your addon before deciding what movie to record/watch if I wasn't using sageMC! Great work!

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2010, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGPfan View Post

-PGPfan
Trailers are already integrated into MyMovies via downloading or streaming if you look at the screen shots on geektonic you can see the trailer button. As well as you can watch upcoming trailers for new releases in theaters and on dvd via another UI within SageMyMovies. You can also chose the your connection speed and it will download a trailer that fits that speed quality wise. The in theaters trailer can play before you start a movie along with a custom theater intro you can create for the dorks out there like me.

cheers
Old 01-27-2010, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Wow, that looks like an amazing addon. I just saw the screenshots. I most definitely will try it myself for sageMC. Chris nor I didnt see any mention of current nor future trailer/video search support anywhere that we could find; so, we decided it would would great add this capability for movie, tv, and general video/movie collections. Nice job on MyMovies and good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Trailers are already integrated into MyMovies via downloading or streaming if you look at the screen shots on geektonic you can see the trailer button. As well as you can watch upcoming trailers for new releases in theaters and on dvd via another UI within SageMyMovies. You can also chose the your connection speed and it will download a trailer that fits that speed quality wise. The in theaters trailer can play before you start a movie along with a custom theater intro you can create for the dorks out there like me.

cheers

***RIP SageTV***