SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

How to Display Recordings by Recording Date & Original Air Date

Howdy.

We have our SageTV setup to display newest recordings first.

Is there a way to have SageTV display recordings within a folder by Original Air date as well?

We have so many recordings that we need to keep the sort by newest recordings first so that we will know what just recorded, but then when we go into a folder with recordings, have the folder sort by original air date?

Switching back and forth ( newest recordings vs original air date ) is not pratical with so many recordinigs.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

You can enable the hidden extras and use the malore menus then you can setup 6 different views.

ex. sort by title,, sort by original air.,,, sort by record date.

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-12-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

looking for something similar ...

I was also curious if there was a way to sort 'Sage Recordings' Grouped by Title at the top level ... and when I click on "Legend of the Seeker" the files in that Group will be sorted by Original air date.

So top level Grouped by Title and sorted by Recorded date ...
So I can focus on watching current recordings primarily ... (over 3600 now hence wanting it sorted by newest first)

When I want to watch things from the days when I kept on trashing my wiz.bin ... I can click on a Group ... and inside the Group it will be sorted by Original air date ... (these are re-recorded shows)
So I can watch the episodes of that Series in Order more easily

Can I switch between sort methods in the Malore Extras without leaving the 'lower level' Group? (or can that be automated or linked to an IR code)

I missed Legend of the Seeker when it started and only started recording it from the last three shows of the first season ... then the repeats came on ...

Now I wanted to watch them in order and going to tv.com before I watch each episode (or the tvdb.com) gets to be ... something I don't want to do ... and I already generate enough paper ... so I don't want to print each series out

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
You can enable the hidden extras and use the malore menus then you can setup 6 different views.

ex. sort by title,, sort by original air.,,, sort by record date.
Cool thanks! Any quick guide other than reading several thousand pages on how to do it?
Old 02-12-2010, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Go to setup then system information then type in the numbers 5309. This is assuming you use the Default STV with or without dynamic menus.

I attached a sample of what you can do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg malore.jpg (485.2 KB, 268 views)
Old 02-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Sage Icon

If you guys are using SageMC you should also check out TVExplorer (link in my signature). It does exactly what you are asking for... Grouping By title, sorting the groups by Recording Date, and Sorting the episodes in a group by original air date. There lots of other grouping/sorting options too.... tmiranda is also working on porting TVE to the default stv.... not sure what is timeline is though...

@nyplayer: can malore menus sort the groups by one thing and the episode in a group by another? When i was developing TVE i looked at the malore menus a lot for ideas / how to do things, etc sense they're similar... Anyway IIRC i couldnt find a way to sort the groups by one thing and the episodes in a group by another...
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 02-12-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes it does you can group for example by channel then sort by orig air record date etc... reg and reverse. You can also group by favorites for ex keyword favs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg group.jpg (93.7 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg shows.jpg (115.8 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-12-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Go to setup then system information then type in the numbers 5309. This is assuming you use the Default STV with or without dynamic menus.

I attached a sample of what you can do.
Thanks for the picture, but not sure if I have the right options. I am using Neilms menu which I think you said it should work ok?

So I go to System Information, enter 5309, I see the blue dot to top right.

Next what? How do I now tell it to sort two ways:

First Sort: By Recording Date.
Second Sort: For folers sort by Original Air date?

EDIT: Not using SageMC

Last edited by joe123; 02-12-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes it does you can group for example by channel then sort by orig air record date etc... reg and reverse. You can also group by favorites for ex keyword favs.
OK but how about this situation... i want to group all the episodes by title (so the left pane is shows), then i want to sort those groups (the groups themselves, not the episodes in the group) by recording date reversed. Then the episodes within each group i want sorted by original air date. This is what i think the OP was asking for and i never found a way to do it with malores menus... It would need multiple Grouping by title options: "Group by Title: Recording Date", "Group by Title: A-Z", "Group by Title: Original Air Date"
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-12-2010, 08:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
OK but how about this situation... i want to group all the episodes by title (so the left pane is shows), then i want to sort those groups (the groups themselves, not the episodes in the group) by recording date reversed. Then the episodes within each group i want sorted by original air date. This is what i think the OP was asking for and i never found a way to do it with malores menus... It would need multiple Grouping by title options: "Group by Title: Recording Date", "Group by Title: A-Z", "Group by Title: Original Air Date"
I see what you want... there is no way to do that.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Sage User

I too want shows grouped into folders by show title listed A-Z and then the episodes within the folders sorted by original air date. I have tried SageMC and really don't want the grief of having to deal with managing the customization. Sounds like the 5309 option won't get me what I want either. I can't imagine it would be all that hard to put a sort option within each show's folder of episodes.

pdj
Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro x64, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 Motherboard, Intel Core i5 2400 (3.1Ghz), HD Homerun Prime, InfiniTV 6 PCIe, 25TB of SATA disks, all internal. Sharp Aquos LC-46D62U LCD 1080P TV, Denon 3808CI, Infinity speakers, no Sub yet.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjaffray View Post
I too want shows grouped into folders by show title listed A-Z and then the episodes within the folders sorted by original air date. I have tried SageMC and really don't want the grief of having to deal with managing the customization. Sounds like the 5309 option won't get me what I want either. I can't imagine it would be all that hard to put a sort option within each show's folder of episodes.

pdj
The Malore Menu DOES do this. You can have the groups (the left pane) set to Title, and the Right pane set to Sort By Orig Air Date, or I use ShowID.

My Two Displays (Adults and Kids) are the same, with the only difference being the Display Filter setting in the options. For Adults, I have it set to Filter by category, Excluding 'Children'. the Kids group is set to Filter by category, Including 'Children'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Malore_Title-ShowID.jpg (163.8 KB, 382 views)
File Type: jpg Malore_Title-ShowID_Options.jpg (107.9 KB, 398 views)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 02-12-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

trying malore menus first

I have a lot of TV shows I should just delete ...

Is there a way to get Malores menus to sort by latest recording in the left pane while maintaining grouping by title? (and sorting by either recording date or original air date in the right pane)

I've tried all the settings I can find ... but they only affect the sorting of the right pane ... and the left pane is sorted A-Z in ascending order

I've downloaded and installed most of the stuff for TV explorer
had stuff running in the past related to ... so that's still there

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg malore.sort.jpg (39.8 KB, 201 views)
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
Old 02-13-2010, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

In the Malore screen, hit options, and choose Group By. This is what controls the left pane. Sort By controls the right pane. You can Group by date, and it will have one listing onthe left for each date that something has been recorded. Then the right will show all shows recorded that day.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

I made a request to Andy in the secret UI thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

What date would you use to sort by? Within each group (all shows with same title) would be any number of episodes, all with different recording dates. More importantly, what function are you trying to perform in this display mode?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
What date would you use to sort by? Within each group (all shows with same title) would be any number of episodes, all with different recording dates. More importantly, what function are you trying to perform in this display mode?
Right now I have them grouped by title then sorted by orig air date in the right pane. I have to scroll through the episodes and select the green color coded ones that tells me there were new episodes recorded. I would like the Grouped title with the most recent recording date on top.

I know that I can group by date and have them sorted by reverse date etc... but this groups all the diff titles together.

In my Screen shot Damages and Highlander would be on the Top because they have recent recordings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grouptitle.jpg (124.2 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-13-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
This is what TVE does : ... Sort all the recordings by Recording Date reversed, then groups by title. This maintains the order of the sorted recordings. Then each group is then sorted on display by original air date. So the date that the groups are sorted by is the date that the "group" was recorded....

EDIT: and the function this serves.... all your shows are grouped by title... and you know when an episode of that show was last recorded (by the order of the groups).... but since all the episodes of the same show are grouped together you know at a glance if you watched the previous airing of that show... and when the episodes in a group are sorted by original air date they will be in order (which is not necessarily the order they were recorded in...). this is the main view in tve that i use and works really well.
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 02-13-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I made a request to Andy in the secret UI thread.
Cool... that would be a great addition to the malore menus...

Actually this different sorting of title groups is one of the reasons why i wrote TVE (and fanart and integrating imported tv)...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've got TV Explorer up and running ...

I've got TV Explorer up and running ...

and it's sorting as requested ... Thank You to the one who understands ... razrsharpe
Grouped by Title with most recent recordings at the top in the left pane ...
and then sorting by Original Air Date in the right pane

I'm having a few glitches with jetty but I'll do more troubleshooting there as time permits ... sagex seems to work but bmt, sagewebapp and the nielm_sagewebserver pages don't seem to be loading

Nielms webserver 2.26 running on port 8080 (Old School) ; Do I have to disable this to get jetty running right?

Code:
jetty.port=9090

'load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.sagexmlinfo.RecordingXmlGenerator;net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer;sagex.jetty.starter.Main'
Now to look into the Fanart stuff

Thanks for the help and the STV import,
Bobby

Last edited by perfessor101; 02-14-2010 at 06:33 AM. Reason: disable the old webserver?