SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Arrow STV Import: TVExplorer for the Default STV

This is a port of razrsharpe's most excellent TVExplorer for SageMC.

To Install:

The TVExplorer discussion thread is here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=TVExplorer

Notes/Differences:
  • Added support for Genre banners and backgrounds.
  • Added support for random banners.
  • Added support for thumbnails.
  • Removed SageMC specific items such as support for .my files.
  • In the Options menu there is a category called "SageMC". These are some SageMC leftovers that are better left alone.
  • The text and numerical input dialogs still have the "look and feel" of SageMC. I will be changing this in a future version.

Download here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=361

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

tmiranda,

I am not currently using fanart... is there asetting to use the empty real estate on the upper right side to show more episodes.

Edit
Ok I see it lots of settings thanks for porting this over to Default

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-15-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, thanks to razrsharpe there are lots of settings to play with

I didn't mention in the instructions so I'll mention it here. If you do want to use fanart you will need to install stuckless' BMT or Tiki's BMITools. They should both play nice with this STVi.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Tom, thank you! Awesome work, I really appreciate you taking the time to do this and take Razor's awesome add-in and bringing it over to the regular STV. Awesome, thanks!!!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 02-16-2010, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the encouragement. It really means a lot to hear nice words

Old 02-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to jpimlott
not seeing recorded shows in top tab

Great looking plugin.
Almost all of it is working for me. I can see future shows that are going to record, search, setup, and the normal screen for recorded shows. I tried many different filters but none of my allready recorded programs showup. I am running the latest bmt and phoenix api.
If I remove all the filters then i see previous recordings. If any filter or combo is used then i see none

edit New problem , when i go to config for tvexplorer i am now asked for a password. I did hit clear and save the last time i was in.
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tvexplorer.JPG (41.5 KB, 560 views)

Last edited by jpimlott; 02-17-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: new problem
Old 02-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimlott View Post
Great looking plugin.
Almost all of it is working for me. I can see future shows that are going to record, search, setup, and the normal screen for recorded shows. I tried many different filters but none of my allready recorded programs showup. I am running the latest bmt and phoenix api.
If I remove all the filters then i see previous recordings. If any filter or combo is used then i see none
I haven't had a chance to play with the default version of TVE yet (big thanks to tom for porting it )... but if its the same as TVE for SageMC the "REC" button (above the tv guide) is an already recorded / to be recorded toggle...

Quote:
edit New problem , when i go to config for tvexplorer i am now asked for a password. I did hit clear and save the last time i was in.
John
the default password is "0000" (four zeros, no quotes). By default the password should be disabled (but i guess on your system it changed for some reason...) Make sure: TVE Options -> Main -> Protect Options Menu -> Disabled.
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 02-18-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks razrsharpe.

I did not change the functionality (on purpose) so it should work just like the SageMC version. The Recorded/To Be Recorded Icon is in the same place, but it is a different icon. I haven't played with the password option very much and certainly did not change the default password. The default should be "Disabled" as well.

If it's not working like the SageMC version it's a bug. Please let me know.

Tom

Old 02-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to jpimlott
Thanks for the help I tried and it worked great.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Sage User

Is there a way to disable the group panel overlay completely? I do not want to see the number of shows in the group. in an old beta i could disable this..

Besides this, I love the update. Lots more to configure and get to my liking.

Would also like to be able to remove the icon bar, possibly have "option" bring it in....

Best way to see my imported TV files, hands down!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydeath View Post
Is there a way to disable the group panel overlay completely? I do not want to see the number of shows in the group. in an old beta i could disable this..
TVE Options -> Browser -> Group Style -> Left
TVE Options -> Browser -> Group Title Width -> 1.00

Group Style = Top and Group Title Height = 1.0 also work

you may need to leave and reenter TVE for it to take effect
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydeath View Post
Would also like to be able to remove the icon bar, possibly have "option" bring it in....
missed this before...

TVE Options -> Browser -> Icon Panel Height -> 0.0
(after you make this setting you will need to leave and reenter TVE for the change to take effect). Currently there is no option to dynamically bring it in and show it on an as needed basis... I could see the argument that it should just not be shown for imported TV... ill have to think about that

you can do the same thing with the Timeline Panel.

Quote:
Best way to see my imported TV files, hands down!!!
thanks and i would agree
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-21-2010, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks razrsharpe, even though I ported the STVi I am still not an expert on using it. I appreciate the help.

Tom

Old 04-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

My latest weird problem that I know is something I've got goofy in my sage setup

When I enable the TVExplorer for the Default STV every recording shows up twice - with different detailed info typically

Example:

Star Trek TNG Rightful Heir:
Stardate: 46852.2 - While on a Quest to summon a vision of kathless, worf questions his faith when the real kahless rises from the dead to lead the empire.
  1. if you play this one a star trek thumb nail shows in place of the station id when you hit 'info'
  2. This ones detailed info matches the properties file BMT creates
and
Warrior Kahless returns from death to reclaim the klingon empire
  1. if you play this one it shows the station logo when you hit 'info'
  2. Also this one shows the red favorite marble whereas the other one does not
  3. This one detailed info is coming from where? wiz.bin?? I don't know
Why I know it's my weird problem - I set my brother up "exactly" the same and his doesn't do this. Perhaps I changed a setting or is it something else? My sage setup dates back 3 years and his dates back 3 months - so his is a lot more pristine.

So- any clue what I messed up? short of that are there some files in Sage that I could replace that would default TVE back to normal?

And I am SO glad you ported this to the standard STV - I've tried SageMC and it's just not for me.
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300

Last edited by ThePaladinTech; 03-07-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Very weird. I see from the .jpg that one of the episodes shows up as a Favorite and the other does not. I'll have to look into this one because I have no clue why it is happening

Maybe razrsharpe has some insight into this as well.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the quick reply - let me know if there are any log files or anything I can provide. I am running BMT 4.0 (i don't think that matters but thought I'd mention it)
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Check this. Outside of TVE, check the recordings, and I'm sure one of those is there (the one that shows as a favorite in TVE). I'm betting they are ALSO showing as imported videos though, if you go to the sage Video Library. This is where the duplicate is coming from. TVE will combine tv shows int e library, with tv shows in the recordings list, which is why you are seeing both.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Check this. Outside of TVE, check the recordings, and I'm sure one of those is there (the one that shows as a favorite in TVE). I'm betting they are ALSO showing as imported videos though, if you go to the sage Video Library. This is where the duplicate is coming from. TVE will combine tv shows int e library, with tv shows in the recordings list, which is why you are seeing both.
Spot On! I had all the recording directories set as video import directories - got rid of that and no duplicates. Well it seemed like a good idea at the time (pre TVE to import them) - Thanks so much for the help!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Fuzzy! Do you do laundry and dishes as well?

Old 04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Maybe razrsharpe has some insight into this as well.
clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
its a good thing you're here, don't think I would have thought of that Thanks
Check out TVExplorer