SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Search library contents?

I'm confused by the search features in v2. Maybe it's a bug. The only search option I see is "Search for Programs to Record" under the "Schedule Recordings" menu. I would expect that to only show future airings. However, there is no search option under "Media Library & DVD", which I would expect to search my library. So, in version 1.4, a search showed both library and upcoming matches, but in version 2 I can only search upcoming recordings. What's wierd is that when I search by title of a recorded show, I see it in the list on the right side of the search screen, but when I select it I get "your search returned no results". For example, I can see "A Charlie Brown Christmas", which is in my library, but I can't watch it unless I go back to the library and scroll through the entire list to find it. Another example is "Futurama"--it only shows future airings even though I have dozens of episodes in my library. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

I didn't see a search option through the "Media Library & DVD" menu. My preference would be a unified search like in 1.4 that searches, or at least gives an option for, all content--past and future. Of course, then it shouldn't be under the "schedule recordings" menu.

I didn't find any mention of this when searching the forums, so I hope this isn't just a giant oversite. I have way to many recordings in my library to not be able to search them. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Any help please?

I was trying to be patient, but since no one has replied, I will ask again.

Is there any way to search my library and current/future airings at the same time?

I can't even find a way to search the library seperately. Is this a bug? Does anyone else have this experience? Maybe I missed a past discussion of it? Thanks.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

It seems that you have already answered your own post

Submit it as a bug/feature request if you feel it is important, but it may not make it to the first 2.0 release...
Old 04-21-2004, 06:03 AM
Sage Icon

I dont know that its so much a feature request as a bug. Taht is unless they changed the behavior intentionally from 1.4.1
Old 04-22-2004, 06:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Okay, I will submit it as a bug. The only reason I hesitated is that the beta is so far along and I had seen no previous discussion of this problem. I was surprised no one has mentioned this as an important feature of 1.4 that was dropped from 2.0, so I thought maybe it was just my install or something.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:13 AM
Administrator

The beta 14 release notes lists this among things yet to be done:
Quote:
63200 Additional airings should also shows files that were recorded, like v1.4
However, it isn't listed any longer, nor does it work that way now. This seems to be similar to having search results list the current recordings too. I'm hoping it makes it back in at some point, since it was nice to have current recordings listed among these results in v1.4.

- Andy