SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Sage User

HD200: windows 7 shares in extender mode

I have 3 HD200s all running in extender mode, with one server. I moved into my brother's place, and he wants the HD200's to be able to see his windows shares for media files. I have tried practically everything I can think of to get this to work and no luck. Here are the setups that didn't work but AFAIK should have (in preference order):

1. On the win7 PC running SageServer map a drive to the other PC's media folder, and then within sage just treat it as a local drive. The problem here is that the Sage software would not see mapped drives, it also didn't see drive letters created with the SUBST command, but that's off topic I think.

2. Configure the sage server to know that I have media on smb://unameassword@serverip/sharename. This results in "Invalid Directory" displayed. I have tried all kinds of mutations of this, by allowing all kinds of insecure no password required guest account support settings on win7, and still always get this error.

3. Browse manually from the HD200 menu to the share. Same exact result as #2.

Interestingly if I reboot the HD200 and go into standalone mode it saw the shares no problem.

My questions are:
1. Why doesn't the sage server software see the mapped drives? Any workarounds?
2. How do I configure win7 to allow Sage software on the PC to see it?
3. Same as #2 but for HD200 direct access?

Any help would be appreciated.
-Miki
Provider: FIOS
Clients: 3xHD200 (20100909 0)
2xHD300
Old 04-04-2010, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

mapped drives do not work in sage, as it runs as a service. Services aren't run in the user context, and therefore, the drive mapping isn't present there. You have to access teh shares with UNC paths.. //Server/Share. You also have to ensure the the service is able to access those shares. If it is running as LocalSystem, it will not be able to (as the name implied, it can only access LOCAL resources). Change it to log in as your user account, and it should be able to browse the network.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Sage Expert

I'm having the exact same problem. . .

What does "Change it to log in as your user account" mean? Change what exactly?
A setting in Windows 7? A setting in Sage?
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

The SageTV Service. Configured with the SageTVServiceControl.exe (in the sagetv folder of the start menu).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Sage Expert

Do I need to hard reset the HD-200 as well? Cause otherwise this did not help me at all. . . (setting the sagetv service to use my local user)

I cannot browse at all, I always get "invalid directory".
I have windows file serving enabled (have no idea if this is needed), and its set to connect to the workgroup for my home network

I also have a guest account enabled, with read access. . . and again no luck

I'd love to be able to just tell it the specific path as the original poster saysto do in number 2, but I have no idea how to do that either. . .
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 04-06-2010, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

for starters, from the RUN prompt, type in \\SERVER (where SERVER is your server's name). This should pop up an explorer window with all your shares listed. The path you need to add to sage should be \\SERVER\SHARENAME

Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Sage Expert

Uh i know how to do that. . . but how do i get the share to show up on the HD200?
How do I force add it to that hardware? The server is fine. . .and all shares show up.

I normally wouldn't care about this except I want to be able to play blu-ray shares via the HD200

Old 04-06-2010, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

If they show up in the video library on the server, then they should show up in the video library on the HD200. They are one in the same. If you run sage on the server, do the items show up there?

Old 04-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Sage Expert

Sorry it took me so long to respond. . . .

I think maybe i'm not making myself clear. . . the folders where are all media exists are shared in windows. They are local to the server. . . so of course they show up. . .

But when I run the HD200 in standalone mode, I can't see said shares b/c I keep getting "Invalid Directory".

I tried adding the import folders as if there were networked drives (e.g. \\ipaddress\e\folder), but everytime I hit "\" on my keyboard on the server SageTV goes back a screen, so I can't add them like that. . .

And of course I can't enter the same type of address on the HD200 b/c I don't have a keyboard. . .

It's my understanding that the HD200 can playback blu-ray from shared folders/iso's but since I can't get it to see the shares. . . i'm at a loss. . .

Old 04-11-2010, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the HD200 can only play back blurays if they are imported into the sage library (in extender mode). As for the backslash key backing up a screen, that seems to be the root of the problem. Somehow that got remapped in the Detailed Setup / Commands section. Go in there, and choose to clear a mapping. Then, hit the backslash key. This should remove it from the 'Back' command (which, by default, is mapped to the BACKSPACE key). You should then be able to add the UNC shares to the import library from the server, and then view them from any client/extender.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Sage Expert

OK interestly enough I can play back bluray iso files inside SageTV on the HD200 (not in standlone mode), by mapping the iso to a drive and then making that drive an import directory on the sage server.

however, i still can't get standalone to see anything. . . I will try changing the blackslash command stuff tonite. . .

Old 04-12-2010, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Why are you trying to use it in standalone mode? As said, I'm not even sure standalone supports bluray.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Sage Expert

I guess I don't care that much. . .but I like the idea of still being able to see all the shares without having to attach to the Sage server. . .

Mostly I want to be able to use standalone to take advantage of portable storage, which may include blu-ray . . .

Its not a huge deal, but its frustrating that standalone can't see my shares (blu-ray or not).

Tags
hd200 win7 shares samba