SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-19-2010, 04:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Huge 10 second delay and black screen before channel changes

Brief History - I've had countless problems for months since "upgrading" to HDPVR's at WHS and installing Windows 7 64 bit at client. I've fixed a few, but the more I tried to fix things the more problems developed with the W7 64 operating system that I could not reverse. So I decided to wipe the client hard drive, install W7 32 bit, and reinstall SageTV v6.6.2 plus native recording patch. Nothing was changed on the WHS. Now a new problem has surfaced.

After installing fresh Sage Client on W7 32bit system I had a problem, when changing channels, with getting a "STOPPED" pop up window with video stopped that had me required to hit "play" each time to get new station playing again.

After looking everywhere and retracing my installs, I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall both Sage WHS and Sage Client and start over with both server and client installs. I backed up my wiz.bin file and wiped both SageTV directories before reinstalling. The issue with getting the "STOPPED" pop up went away but now I get a HUGE 10-15 second delay with black screen before channel changes and video starts to play. Again, I can hit "play" anytime during this 10 seconds of black screen delay and the video will start to play.

I've tested the DTV receivers and HDPVR's by running Sage as a client at the WHS machine and changing channels with no problem so the issue isn't with the DTV receivers or HDPVR's.

I've checked mmc/encoders/xxxxxxxx/delay_to_wait_after_tuning=4000, at WHS Sage properties for both HDPVR's and changed it to 2000 with no change. Can't find SageClient.properties in the new Sage client install SageTV/SageTV directory, where it was with the W7 64bit system. I understand from reading around this is moved to a C:\Users....folder somewhere and not sure I need to do anything with that yet.

With all the problems I had with W7 64, this wasn't one of them. Anybody with W7 32bit seeing this?
Server: Sage WHS 7.0.9 - Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz, 4GB ram, 160GB(system) + 300GB(data) pooled HD, 400GB + 1TB non-pooled HD, MSI 9400GT video, 4-port serial, Windows Home Server 2003, 2-DTV H20 receivers, 2-HD-PVR E1 tuners, 2-Patterson usb translators for DTV usb to serial channel select control
Client 1: Sage Client 7.0.9 - Core 2 Duo E6300, 4GB ram, 400GB HD, Xonar 7.1 Audio, Blu-ray DVD, Asus 9500GT video with HDMI connect to Denon 3310CI and 60" LG Plasma, Windows 7 32bit
Old 04-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fixed!!!!

Found solution to this problem and most or the rest of my problems

1. TURN UAC OFF at Windows 7 Client (This is BIG!!!)
2. Uninstall SageClient
3. Delete SageTV folder in Program Files directory
4. Turn off Client PC
4. Go to SageWHS and confirm everything works normally before reinstalling client. This means loading an H.264 decoder
5. After confirming all is working and normal at SageWHS Client, restart client PC and reinstall SageClient
6. Shut down SageClient and install latest "Native Patch" plus updating the 2 additional files, including editing SageClient.Properties with the following:
7. Restart SageClient and run through configuration Wizard.
8. Go to Sage Detailed Setup/Advanced and apply all Sage Updates
9. Go to Sage Detailed Setup / Video/Audio, and set:
Video Renderer=EVR,
Video Decoder=Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,
H.264 Filter=Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder,
Audio Decoder=Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder
10. Start watching TV with no jerky video or Video Freeze with Audio Studder at the end of each program and when changing channels.
Server: Sage WHS 7.0.9 - Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz, 4GB ram, 160GB(system) + 300GB(data) pooled HD, 400GB + 1TB non-pooled HD, MSI 9400GT video, 4-port serial, Windows Home Server 2003, 2-DTV H20 receivers, 2-HD-PVR E1 tuners, 2-Patterson usb translators for DTV usb to serial channel select control
Client 1: Sage Client 7.0.9 - Core 2 Duo E6300, 4GB ram, 400GB HD, Xonar 7.1 Audio, Blu-ray DVD, Asus 9500GT video with HDMI connect to Denon 3310CI and 60" LG Plasma, Windows 7 32bit