SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Sage Icon

FYI, to those who are avoiding PlayOn because of monthly payments, they are currently offering a lifetime one-payment membership for $59.99.
https://www.playon.tv/gift/formEnterGiftInfo.php?id=17
Give the "gift" to yourself....
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I already did that. That's one of the best investments I made right up there with my lifetime membership for Slysoft AnyDVD-HD. I'm just waiting for Hulu to get their act together and offer a more appealing membership. Their Hulu Plus doesnt include support for Dexter/Smallville; on top of that, even if I pay, the commercials are still there. Lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
FYI, to those who are avoiding PlayOn because of monthly payments, they are currently offering a lifetime one-payment membership for $59.99.
https://www.playon.tv/gift/formEnterGiftInfo.php?id=17
Give the "gift" to yourself....

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Another "IO object version 1.25 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.23_01" on Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoePat View Post
I am seeing this exact problem on 10.10.
Me too.

"IO object version 1.25 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.23_01 "

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Videos Accessible, But Will Not Play

Hello Everyone,

I read through most of the thread and I don't think this question has been asked before - I can navigate PlayOn menus just fine within the plugin, but when I go to play a video, it stops at the first frame and does not move from there even though the progress bar at the bottom of the video continues to load (green takes over black). When trying to watch a Netflix video, for example, I may get the "Buffering" screen or the "Assessing Video Quality" screen and even the title screen of a movie, but it will not move from there. On other videos, such as Comedy Central, I get the first frame of the sponsor of the given video I am trying to play. The icon at the progress bar shows that it is playing, trying to hit pause and then play will not do anthing. Interestingly enough, hitting FFW will show loaded frames of the video but will not play.

I am running PlayOn on the same machine as my SageTV server. I have the PlayOn plugin (of course) as well as the Netflix /Hulu plugin. Looking at the PlayOn configuration, the server is running and all system tests (bandwidth, CPU, memory, etc) show green. Please help!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Sage Icon

I just subscribed to Netflix, but I cannot play back Netflix on SageTV. I do have Playon installed. Playon is configured with my e-mail and password for Netflix and OK with the log in Playon test. The Playon for SageTV STVI plugin is installed.

When I select Neflix, I see only Hulu, CBS, Comedy Central, etc. Streaming with SageTV does work for CBS and the other channels, but Netflix does not work at all. I can stream Netflix directly on the SageTV computer using the web browser but not with SageTV using the HD-200.

Can you tell me what I am missing?

Dave

Last edited by davephan; 12-30-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:42 AM
Sage Icon

I found the solution.

I did not have any Netflix "Instant Queue" items setup. I logged into Netflix and setup one "Instant Queue" item, then the Netfix menu options work and I am able to drill down to Netflix movies and watch them.

Dave
Old 01-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbyrd View Post
Me too.

"IO object version 1.25 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.23_01 "

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64.

Ok, so this just seems to be a case of UPnPBrowser.out (and *.64bitOut) wanting an earlier version of the IO Perl module. Does anyone know if we can install another version of IO.pm beside the 1.25 one that comes with Ubuntu 10.10?
Old 01-01-2011, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroBox View Post
I read through most of the thread and I don't think this question has been asked before - I can navigate PlayOn menus just fine within the plugin, but when I go to play a video, it stops at the first frame and does not move from there even though the progress bar at the bottom of the video continues to load (green takes over black).Please help!
Sounds simple, but have you tried pressing 'play'?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbyrd View Post
Ok, so this just seems to be a case of UPnPBrowser.out (and *.64bitOut) wanting an earlier version of the IO Perl module. Does anyone know if we can install another version of IO.pm beside the 1.25 one that comes with Ubuntu 10.10?
I really hate Linux

I'm disabling Linux support in the next version and i'll re-enable it when I have time to look into things and figure out a way to keep things from breaking.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldjcox View Post
With the UPnP browser is there anyway to pin shortcuts to the online services menu?

Curently I have to go:

OnlineServices->PlayOn->Browse UPnP->Tversity media server -> Internet, RSS & podcasts

What I'd really like to have is a dedicated menu item going straight there with a label of my choosing.

Michael
That'd be pretty difficult, so I doubt I'd be able to do something generic like that. But let me know the exact path you want shortcut-ed for TVersity (preferably with a log) and I can hard-code it for you.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I really hate Linux

I'm disabling Linux support in the next version and i'll re-enable it when I have time to look into things and figure out a way to keep things from breaking.
Can I help? Is the EXE you deliver a PAR file? How does it know what versions of what files it wants? running ldd on the executable didn't tell me much.

If you want help figuring this out, we could take it offline.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sounds simple, but have you tried pressing 'play'?
Hi EP,

Yes, I did try pressing play - good suggestion actually for it is the type of obvious that one would overlook. I also tried pressing pause, then play as well as pressing stop and trying to resume from there. I can only see frames from the content as it is loading by pressing FFW and RRW.

I did some more testing and it seems that PlayOn is working fine - tried playing content on my XBox 360 with no issues. I know they are not really related, but Sage is able to play YouTube and Channels.com content as well as your awesome TAS videos... there seems to be something within the STV that is not allowing PlayOn content to actually play.... any ideas?
Old 01-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Is there ANY way to search for any movie rather than just seeing titles. What I mean is do I have to put the movies in my instant queue or can I just do a search in Sage the same way I would search for YouTube videos?

Is there any way to fast forward the same way Sage allows with YouTube or Google videos?

Great plugin.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-03-2011, 09:39 PM

Linux issues

I know you don't have time to spend on the linux issues, but if you are feeling generous, please perhaps post your source for the UPnPBrowser (or is it already available elsewhere?)

That we we can compile with the perl version we have! Thanks!

You might also post some perl -V results, so we know what the version conflict is....
Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirgordon View Post
I know you don't have time to spend on the linux issues, but if you are feeling generous, please perhaps post your source for the UPnPBrowser (or is it already available elsewhere?)

That we we can compile with the perl version we have! Thanks!

You might also post some perl -V results, so we know what the version conflict is....

+1!

I get the headaches of dealing version fun on "Linux" (in quotes because it's not a single OS with a single set of library versions). Let those of us who are motivated help out! I you really want to cut your losses, I suppose we could go as far as making the UPnPbrowser executable a separate (dependency) plugin and have you produce only a Windows compatible one while others product a Linux one. Maybe that would help with support headaches?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post
Is there ANY way to search for any movie rather than just seeing titles. What I mean is do I have to put the movies in my instant queue or can I just do a search in Sage the same way I would search for YouTube videos?

Is there any way to fast forward the same way Sage allows with YouTube or Google videos?

Great plugin.

Thanks,
Mike
I've have been wishing for this too. Sometimes its really hard to find videos because there are so many subcategories.

For netfix, I usually go to the website to locate it then find it in sage..
Old 01-05-2011, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore View Post
I've have been wishing for this too. Sometimes its really hard to find videos because there are so many subcategories.

For netfix, I usually go to the website to locate it then find it in sage..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post

Great plugin.

Thanks,
Mike
That'd be great, but due to the way PlayOn works is impossible. Sorry!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That'd be great, but due to the way PlayOn works is impossible. Sorry!
No sweat! I knew in the back of my mind that it is a limitation of PlayOn.

Still my favorite plugin tho!

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi EP,

Yes, I did try pressing play - good suggestion actually for it is the type of obvious that one would overlook. I also tried pressing pause, then play as well as pressing stop and trying to resume from there. I can only see frames from the content as it is loading by pressing FFW and RRW.

I did some more testing and it seems that PlayOn is working fine - tried playing content on my XBox 360 with no issues. I know they are not really related, but Sage is able to play YouTube and Channels.com content as well as your awesome TAS videos... there seems to be something within the STV that is not allowing PlayOn content to actually play.... any ideas?
I am also able to play Netflix movies on the browser. Could there be any other plugin that is preventing PlayOn to actually play in the STV?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am also able to play Netflix movies on the browser. Could there be any other plugin that is preventing PlayOn to actually play in the STV?
Nope, this seems like a playback decoder/filter/renderer issue. What are you settings in the Video / Audio section of the detailed setup menu?

Closed Thread

Tags
hulu, netflix, playon