SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC MyTV enhancement suggestions:

Hi bialio, I am now just now upgrading from SageMC to SageTV 7's STV. I want to thank you for restoring the most basic functionality of MyTV from sageMC. But, what I'm really hoping you would consider making MyTV under SageTV 7 at least as good as SageMC's version (or as close to it as possible). They are only minor enhancements; but would really make a big difference IMO.

Suggestion #1: (Not in SageMC MyTV): Allow the user to have the flexibility to choose how many items can be displayed for Recent Recordings/Upcoming Recordings. Currently, it's hardcoded for only 4 items (sageMC standard); hence, the font size looks too big in respect to other menu items in SageTV 7 menus. I'm not sure why the font size wasn't really an issue under SageMC (see screenshot below). So, having the ability to change it from 4 (default) to 6 for example, would not only make it look nicer font-size-wise for some people's taste, it would also show more information on the screen without any negative side effects.

Suggestion #2: (SageMC MyTV) It would be very helpful to also display a horizontal transparent bar on the bottom edge of the highlighted item to show how far into the show/movie someone has watched (same a SageMC's MyTV). This feature would be unobtrusive (showing more useful information).

Suggestion #3: (SageMC MyTV) Adding HD, Watched, tuner #, etc icons .

Suggestion #4: (SageMC MyTV) xx Minutes ago / In X hours xx minutes.

Basically, bringing the full functionality of SageMC MyTV back from SageMC.. with just one added enhancement that SageMC didnt have... user defined number of items to be displayed at one time. This would at least feel like an upgrade from SageMC.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-17-2010, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure how much support there is for this plugin now.. so for whatever it's worth, I thought I'd also post how MyTV menu looks on my sageTV clients (including Placeshifter) when I open the Main Menu for the first time. After I've viewed the MyTV menu once, the next time I highlight that Item, it's not jumbled text anymore. Of course, the first thing I tried was the detailed setting to autoexpand MyTV's menu automatically. I have also tried a couple of different plugins that are related to SageTV 7 menus; like the one that forgets the default menu sub-menu item and the one from fuzzy that auto-expands automatically the menus.

Anyway, I'm hoping that maybe someone has run into this before who knows what setting/plugin(s) or combination could cause this:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...et/Jumbled.jpg

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by Opus4; 08-17-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: image too wide to post inline; changed to link
Old 08-17-2010, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

I've seen that with out any plugins installed, and I don't know what causes it. It's always on the first load, and never happens after the first time. There have been other threads mentioning this, but I don't think anyone ever figured out what is causing it.

btl.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks BTL. At least I know, its not just me. Maybe it's just something weird with the sageTV STV itself; being extremely sensitive to menu changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I've seen that with out any plugins installed, and I don't know what causes it. It's always on the first load, and never happens after the first time. There have been other threads mentioning this, but I don't think anyone ever figured out what is causing it.

btl.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-11-2010, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

BTW, I'm not sure how youre coming along with the MyTV plugin. I'm curious if you know of a way to add the MyTV menu option along with the rest of the normal submenu items under TV. Currently, it does something weird and considers that it's the only item under TV. I would be happen if gets place at the top of the existing submenu items for "TV". Is this something easy enough you could make a change to and upload it as a plugin update?

I'm guessing that you may not be motivated to make MyTV nearly as powerful as the one from sageMC, but just having it show up as a submenu item at the top would be very nice and greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if that's somethign you think you can do; and motivated t do it. If its a 5 minute fix, please, please do it

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure what you are asking for here - the MyTV menu is with the rest of the TV submenu items (2nd level, at the top) and expanded it is in the 3rd level.....

btl.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation

Edit: Stupid mistake. I didnt make the settings change to disable autoexpand. You may consider having it the other way around as the default...

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-11-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Thanks BTL. At least I know, its not just me. Maybe it's just something weird with the sageTV STV itself; being extremely sensitive to menu changes.
I have the same problem. Has anyone found a fix?
HP Mediasmart EX-485 server with 4.5tb storage, running Sagetv 7.0.23; 2 Hauppauge HD-PVRs; 2 Directv Receivers (H20 and H21 channel changing by usb/serial/usb cables); 4 Sagetv HD-200s; 1 Sagetv HD-300; Carada Criterion 126" screen; Definitive Technology speakers (UIW RLS II x 3, UIW BP/A x 2, DI 5.5BPS x 2, IWSub 10/10), Pioneer KRP-500M Kuro plasma; Pioneer Elite SC-07 receiver; Panasonic TH-50PH9UK plasma; Sharp Aquos LC-C4067U LCD; Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray player.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Try disabling/uninstalling the the "Always Shiow SubMenus" by Fuzzy. That did it for me. Although, this addon would be nice to have, it was causing this jumbled text for MyTV. I never reported this conflict on my setup thinking it was just me. Please let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdaly View Post
I have the same problem. Has anyone found a fix?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-22-2010, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Bialio, I'm not sure you can see how many people use the MyTV plugin. It's really a useful great plugin. I know your focus has probably been on other plugins, but please dont forget about this one; as it's really irreplaceable. I'm guessing most ex-SageMC users have installed this addon only to find out its a very stripped down version of what we're used to seeing in SageMC. Anyway, I'm hoping one day we will have the same functionality we used to have in sageMC. You can see the missing features mentioned in my previous post above. I actually still use sageMC on 2 of my highly used clients mainly because of MyTV and Upcoming movies (both which are significantly more feature-rich and nicer looking than the sageTV 7 equivalents). Anyway, thanks for this plugin and keep the enhancements coming!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

AGREED!!!!

I love this plugin and the wife does too!

Great job
Old 12-28-2010, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Bialio, is there any chance you could add "xx hr xx min ago" and "in xx hr xx min ago" like the screenshot above? The SageTV 7 upcoming movie plugin already added this to be just like sageMC. It would be great if this plugin also did the same. There might be less space to squeeze this information if trying to put it on the same line; so, perhaps you could put that information at the bottom of the screen (above the information summary).

Thanks again for your plugin. I use it more frequently than any other feature on sageTV!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 12-28-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

+1 & love Serenity & this plugin
Old 01-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just installed this plug-in and it's great!

Doesn't look like you are going to update this but on the slight chance you do here's what we would like:

A third option choice of display that would show the expanded MyTV menu as well as the normal TV menu below - Recordings, Guide, etc. When we first go to TV we often aren't sure if we are going to watch TV or a recording. Since we only have one tuner we can't watch TV if there is an ongoing recording , or one that's soon to start.

Using the default works, but it's an extra button press to allow us to go down to our choice. It's also not very intuitive to press Down when the choices below are not shown.

In any case thank you very much for making this very useful plug-in available to us.

Rod

EXTENDER: HD100 to 26" Westinghouse LCD TV.
EXTENDER: HD200 to 50" Panasonic Plasma TV
HTPC: SageTV 7, Win7 AMD Athlon II X4 635 CPU, MOBO Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H, 4 GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB HD, Asus Essence ST Sound Card for 5.1 audio, 15" HP LCD Monitor or to same Panasonic 50" Plasma as HD200,
Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Bialio, I know youre busy with other project. But, could you please update MyTV to look more like this. Basically, more items displayed (which is even better than original SageMC)... and smaller font.

The time it takes to modify you plugin and make it available for everyone should be trivial; so hopefully you can do it relatively quickly if it's possible. I dont see any negative side-effects; other than displaying more information. Or, perhaps you could make the number of items displayed configurable.

Thanks for your support,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
The time it takes to modify you plugin and make it available for everyone should be trivial; so hopefully you can do it relatively quickly
Bialio's time maybe trivial to you but I doubt its trivial to him.... why not try doing it yourself?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

I now realize I probably should have not used the word trivial. I think hopefully Bialio knows what I was trying to say that the enhancement is relatively minor. I wanted to see if he would prefer to enhance his already existing plugin before attempting to make an almost-identical plugin. Who knows, he might like the enhancement suggestion. If not, no big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Bialio's time maybe trivial to you but I doubt its trivial to him.... why not try doing it yourself?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-10-2011, 08:20 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not really interested in making this change - if you want you can take ownership of 'My TV' and make changes and publish them.

I'd make it an option to either show info or not - since your change seems to have replaced the detailed info about the highlited item to make more room for recent/upcoming. But have at it if you want! The manifest and stvi are both on your system so you can put out a new version easily.

btl.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks BTL, sure... Sounds great. I appreciate it. It doesnt make sense to have two MyTV plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I'm not really interested in making this change - if you want you can take ownership of 'My TV' and make changes and publish them.

I'd make it an option to either show info or not - since your change seems to have replaced the detailed info about the highlited item to make more room for recent/upcoming. But have at it if you want! The manifest and stvi are both on your system so you can put out a new version easily.

btl.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Sage Icon

The 3.2 Diamond update seems to have broken this plugin.

The Diamond widget generally seems to reproduce the functionality but I still like being able to navigate quickly to the recent and currently recordings shows.

I don't suppose there is any hope this will get updated is there?

In the alternate is there another way to view and select recent recordings.