SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Since last update, wrong images being shown?

Hey Guys,

Not 100% sure I'm posting this in the correct forum but will give it a shot here

I'm running V7 and everything was working great until, what I can figure, since I installed the latest plugin update and now I'm often getting the wrong art being shown for my favorite recordings. Everything seems to be working fine for ripped DVDs still (I copy a DVD to the computer and I am still getting the correct DVD cover and fanart).

What I'm talking about is for Favorites that are being recorded automatically. Prior to the udpate, I noticed no problems here... if there was fanart available, I would see that off to the right in my All Recordings page. If there was no fanart available, I'd see a thumbnail of some first part of the recording. But, now, my fanart often seems to be "corrupted". For example, this morning I looked at my All Recordings page and noticed a few things that had recorded Friday. One was "Friday Night Lights". For this recording, all the fanart which showed up on the right was correct. There are several different pieces of fanart that show up here (I can scroll through them by pressing the stop button) and they all have to do with Friday Night Lights. However, also recorded were NASCAR and some other show. Both these shows also had Friday Night Lights fanart instead of either their own or a frame from the recording.

I have also noticed that some recent recordings of MonsterQuest, for example, have the TV show "Leverage" in them. In fact, a bunch of my recordings that are NOT Leverage are showing Leverage fan art???

I can't say for certain if like the first recording of the day works and then the rest of the recordings that day get stuck with the first recordings fanart but that seems to be what happened last night.

I also am not sure if this happened due to the update or not but that is about when I saw things just kind of fall apart and Sage is using the incorrect fanart more often than it uses the correct images.

Any ideas on what might have went wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not exactly sure if I have the same problem or not, but I have a few shows where the wrong fanart is being linked to.

I can't seem to find an example of it now, but I noticed in BMT yesterday that the cross-link is clearly evident. For example, i'll be looking at metadata for show 1, and BMT will state that fanart is in "\fanart\show 2" folder.

The
Old 07-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Well, you gave me an idea to actually look in BMT to see what it said. It is really weird. For example...

For the show "Man v. Food" I have that in the BMT show title. However, for the Fanart title it is "Leverage". The eposide name and description are correct for the Man vs Food recording BUT the Fanart Location points to Leverage\Season 1 and all the picture and stuff related to the fanart have to do with Leverage and not Man v. Food???

All this corruption and "crossing" of show data just recently started happening about a week ago when I updated. If this is just a "glitch" and not a bug with BMT, is there an easy way to fix it?

thanks!

Last edited by Brent94Z; 07-10-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

This is what I see in BMT for a Sportscenter recording. I have no idea how it got "linked" to Whale Wars, but it did.

Media Type: TV
Fanart Title: Whale Wars
Show Title: Sports Center
Show Id: SH0199170000
Fanart Location: C:\Fanart\TV\Whale Wars\Season 3
Old 07-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

I just noticed today that even from within the guide, things are not working correctly. For example, I had Fox News highlighted in the guide but the image in the upper right was fanart for Friday Night Lights.

What else is odd is that it seems like different fanart goes in "waves". Meaning, for several days it seemed like 75% of the stuff was showing up with "Leverage" fanart. Now, it seems like 75% of the stuff is showing up with "Friday Night Lights" fanart. Both of these are in my Favorites for recording and have been recently recorded.

No ideas as to what might be wrong?
Old 07-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Sage Icon

I have no idea, but I bet that Sean will weigh in pretty soon.

I too noticed that the wrong fanart seems to go in waves, so I think we're in the same boat.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I wish I something concrete to weigh in on but unfortunately, i'm at loss, as much as you guys are

From what i can tell, the cross linked fanart only affects recorded tv shows. I really thought that by moving to the sagetv7 apis, then it would go away, but sadly, that hasn't happened.

So, my currently thoughts are...
1. A bug in how bmt handled cached information
2. A bug in the phoenix vfs where it may be referencing the wrong sage file

both of those are guesses, and, since I can't reproduce this in my own environment, it's been like looking for a needle in a haystack (although I have faith, since mythbusters proved it was possible to find a needle in a haystack using various techniques )

My recommendation for now would be to edit the file types are are scanned (currently set to ALL_VIDEO) and set it to "VIDEO" so that only videos are scanned. (ie, recordings will not be scanned).
Old 07-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for looking at this, Sean! If it helps at all, I noticed ZERO problems until I updated the plugin. I had been using this since right when it was added to the V7 Plugin list and all was working fine... I didn't start noticing this behavior until the update. Also, I never really even went into the actual BMT pages... I just let everything work in "auto" and it all worked good for what I was using it for. Just recently did this start... at least for me

Is there anything I can do or try that might help you track this down? Thanks!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

From my experience anecdotal evidence points to shows recorded on the same channel back to back seem to be more likely to be cross linked.

For example, this Friday, I recorded Eureka, then Haven, and Eureka's fanart got linked to Haven. Upon investigating in the web app, the Fanart Title for Haven displayed Eureka, and it shared the Season 4 instead of one.

Once I switched the Fanart Title to Haven, and the Season to 1, I was able to fetch the proper images.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Thanks for looking at this, Sean! If it helps at all, I noticed ZERO problems until I updated the plugin. I had been using this since right when it was added to the V7 Plugin list and all was working fine... I didn't start noticing this behavior until the update. Also, I never really even went into the actual BMT pages... I just let everything work in "auto" and it all worked good for what I was using it for. Just recently did this start... at least for me

Is there anything I can do or try that might help you track this down? Thanks!
Unfortunately, i think the timing of the upgrade as to when you started experiencing the issue, is probably coincidental. The problem has existed since the 3.x builds, and it's seemingly random
Old 07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Unfortunately, i think the timing of the upgrade as to when you started experiencing the issue, is probably coincidental. The problem has existed since the 3.x builds, and it's seemingly random
I see. So for the people who are seeing this do you hear about just "once in a while" for the cross linking or is it often? Because, for me, now that it started cross linking the fanart, it seems like nearly ALL the TV shows that I'm recording are not correct. So, for me it went from working perfectly to pretty much not working at all.

I see you made a sticky. I'll try my best to notice any differences and post them. Right now, everything is getting "Friday Night Lights" fanart. I'll try to take notice when it changes to something else. LOL Thanks!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
I see. So for the people who are seeing this do you hear about just "once in a while" for the cross linking or is it often? Because, for me, now that it started cross linking the fanart, it seems like nearly ALL the TV shows that I'm recording are not correct. So, for me it went from working perfectly to pretty much not working at all.
I've seen it work this way... things are going great, and then, poof, things screw up... unfortunately, I don;t know if in those cases, if it ever sorts itself out
Old 07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I've seen it work this way... things are going great, and then, poof, things screw up... unfortunately, I don;t know if in those cases, if it ever sorts itself out
Keep in mind I know very little about how this works or anything like that. I just installed the plugin and it was working just fine so if I say something that is completely wrong, please just correct me. LOL

I was thinking of doing this to see what happened...

My DVDs I'm copying to the hard drive do not seem to be affected so I wasn't going to mess with that but...

Delete all images in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\cache\imagefactory\v7phoenix

Delete all files in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\cache\url

UPDATE: As I'm typing this I decided to look at one of the cache property files and this is what it contains. The URL format isn't correct... could this be causing the problems???

Code:
#Cached Url Properties
#Mon Jul 12 21:00:04 EDT 2010
url=http\://www.thetvdb.com/api/5645B594A3F32D27/series/83602/all/en.xml
file=cache\\url\\ed5c5d2a1e00815e704ffc54cbeb8561.cache
I was going to start deleting a bunch of files but will wait unti I hear back about the above. Thanks!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

it doesn't hurt to clean out the cache area from time to time, although there are background processes that manage that as well.

As for the URL format, it does look correct (if it's supposed to be 'lie to me'). Keep in mind that java properties have to escape some things, such as, : so they appear as \:, but they get translated correctly one the property file is loaded.

What would be interesting to see, if the file
cache\url\ed5c5d2a1e00815e704ffc54cbeb8561.cache, contains the right information.. ie it should be the contents of the url that is specified. I suspect it does.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
it doesn't hurt to clean out the cache area from time to time, although there are background processes that manage that as well.

As for the URL format, it does look correct (if it's supposed to be 'lie to me'). Keep in mind that java properties have to escape some things, such as, : so they appear as \:, but they get translated correctly one the property file is loaded.

What would be interesting to see, if the file
cache\url\ed5c5d2a1e00815e704ffc54cbeb8561.cache, contains the right information.. ie it should be the contents of the url that is specified. I suspect it does.
Well, I have no idea what happened but there were a ton of files in that folder and now there is only just one. LOL And, it isn't in the recycle bin so I can't see what's in it. For whatever reason, Sage just shutdown on me (yeah, just closed out) and that is when I decided to type up the above post. After typing it up I restarted Sage and evidently one of those background processes you mentioned did a little house cleaning What is a little weird though is that it left ONE cache file from 6/4/2010 with 0 bytes. I'm going to delete that one and let it start completely over.

The png images from the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\cache\imagefactory\v7phoenix folder go back to 5/31 so I'm deleting all those.

I don't see any like "unique" naming convention for anything in my fanart\TV folder so won't delete that unless you think it might help?

So, for now, I'm deleting only the cached png files. We'll see what happens. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

That didn't work. LOL I restarted Sage in a Window with the folder \imagefactory\v7phoenix opened off to the side. I went into the All Recordings screen and each time I highlighted a recording, the same fanart that was there before came back up and at least one file was created in the above folder. Lie To Me was being used for a Rob Dyrdek Fantasy Factory recording and when I highlighted it, I think 5 or 6 files were created instantly in the above folder... just like before.

Which files do I need to delete to get rid of the actual information? I'm thinking if I delete them all then BMT will just try to get them again (since now there is nothing) and I'll see if it grabs the right stuff this next time

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Sage Icon

In case people hadn't noticed, there is a sticky at the top of this forum titled "cross linked metadata discussion" related to this problem.

There was a post in that thread yesterday from Narflex that basically said Sage has identified a bug that is most likely the cause of this problem and plans to have a fix for beta 7.0.12.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 08-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
This is what I see in BMT for a Sportscenter recording. I have no idea how it got "linked" to Whale Wars, but it did.

Media Type: TV
Fanart Title: Whale Wars
Show Title: Sports Center
Show Id: SH0199170000
Fanart Location: C:\Fanart\TV\Whale Wars\Season 3
I had this issue as well and decided to uninstall BMT as it was using the same image for all my recordings. Since stopping, everything has gone back to normal for new recordings.

I decided today that I wanted to give BMT a try again. I started looking at the 'problem' recordings and found that when browsing to the files that their thumbnail in the webui looks correct but the Fanart Location is pathed incorrectly (like the example above).

Is there an easy way for me to break the links to the incorrect Fanart image without having to edit each recording's data by hand?
Old 08-13-2010, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
I had this issue as well and decided to uninstall BMT as it was using the same image for all my recordings. Since stopping, everything has gone back to normal for new recordings.

I decided today that I wanted to give BMT a try again. I started looking at the 'problem' recordings and found that when browsing to the files that their thumbnail in the webui looks correct but the Fanart Location is pathed incorrectly (like the example above).

Is there an easy way for me to break the links to the incorrect Fanart image without having to edit each recording's data by hand?
I'm guessing that the Whale Wars showid is SH0199170000 as well? If so, you can simply try to manually change the show id so they are different. Unfortunately, manually updating is your only option at this point.