SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Beta 1.3.3 - Categorize of Recording Shows doesn't work

I have the newest beta and changed a property from something someone else said in another post....

auto_categorize_epg=true

If I do that, all my recording are categorized by the show name, which is great. How can I open it to select the recording? Clicking on it with the mouse with the left and right buttons indiviually do nothing. Info doesn't display when on.

Any ideas?
Lauren

P.S. Now that the EPG displays channel logos can be shown larger (which I love.... thanks!), are there any plans to have show logos? I mean, if I have recording in the Recording Guide already done, it would be nice to have some kind of picture show like the channel logos for that show. We could probably put them in the ChannelLogos folder and title them the name of the show and .jpg or .gif as needed

Last edited by laurenglenn; 05-10-2003 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Sage

Press Enter on your keyboard, or use the Select command in SageTV.

The other things you mentioned are on the list for later...
Old 05-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
I'll try to do it that way, but I was actually using Girder with my remote control through IRMan. The Select method wouldn't open it when I used that.

Lauren
Old 05-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Sage

If it doesn't work, then there's some sort of bug. Email me the log file if that's the case.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm trying to set up the categorization feature but I can't seem to get it to autocatergorize. Both Sage Recordings and Sage Guide look exactly the same whether I have autocategorization true or false.

Is there anything else to it besides setting autocategorize_epg to true in Sage.properties?

One caveat is that I am using the xmltv data feed. However I don't think that should be affecting things since if I look in the sage video directory I can see shows with exactly the same name recorded on different dates eg. I have RelicHunter-26174-0.mpg and RelicHunter-83341-0.mpg. These shoudl be autocategorized in the EPG to something like Relic Hunter (2 shows) is what I was expecting. However I simply see two instances of Relic Hunter instead.

Any ideas?

Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 05-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Sage

You need to make the change while Sage is not running.

There's also some other caveats about how the Profiler needs to have started tracking that attribute with the AI engine before the autocategorization will take effect. I'd rather not get into that in detail for various reasons.

The best way to say it is...

The autocategorization is still experimental and will give sort of a 'fuzzy' effect. By this I mean it doesn't always behave the same and sometimes it feels like its got a mind of its own, and sometimes it'll amaze you that it figured something out.

I did it this was because it was an easy way for me to add autocategorization by exploiting part of my AI engine. There are some limitations to it, but also some interesting things that might end up growing out of it.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:11 PM

Hi Lester,
I'm using the 1.3.3 beta with XMLTV plugin right now and the autocatergorize feature did not work for me at first either. Some times different shows got grouped together in a "toon" folder and other did not group at all such as "Family guy". I deleted all the different shows that grouped together and now they seem to group fine. Even "family Guy" which refused to group for over a week finally collapsed into a group today. I still have some old "Modern Marvels" episodes that have not grouped even though the newer episodes of it have grouped.

I did have SageTV set up at first to use the trial key, maybe that had something to do with it. Since most of the inproperly grouped shows had older record dates. Also "Family Guy" suddenly collapsed into a group today, right after Sage incrporated my last xmltv epgdata update. Now all my groups seem correct at least the ones with newer dates.

One other thing is that I am using the latest alpha XMLTV.exe as mentioned in last post in the "Subsciption Options ?" thead. I doubt this would make a difference, but who knows. Maybe Sage is just geting smarter

Hopefully this info and yours will alow some one to work this out.

Edit Whoops I guess i type too slow
Old 05-16-2003, 05:15 PM

Cool Jeff, I guess SageTV is actually getting smarter. Scary, in a good way.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:05 AM

Is it normal for shows with the same title to NOT be categorized at times? For example, I have 3 recordings of "The Simpsons". Only two are categorized into a folder while a third sits on its own. This seems to happen often.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:11 AM
Sage

It'll categorize First Runs separately from ReRuns. Also, the Profiler may remove stuff you've already watched from categories or things you don't like.