SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I had not thought about changing the behavior of the "Run Comskip" button, but if it's something people want I can probably make it happen in a future release.
Let me just say that the option to override time and channel restrictions would be great. As mentioned in this thread there can be problems recording and watching too many HD shows at once while trying to run comskip. For me the problems have been such that I simply blackout comskip during prime time. It would be great to be able to comskip that once in a while show that we actually watch the night it airs!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
The -0 edl, txt etc files were deleted when the recording was deleted but the -1 files were not.
I just looked at the code and this is indeed a bug that will be addressed it in the next release.

Thanks for spotting this Helen.

I'll be away on a business trip for a few days and will have no time to do much about this until next week.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I see a few people downloaded the "Forum Beta", any feedback? I do know it broke the "restricted times" functionality, but I've already fixed that.

toricred? Sambo555? Tomahawk51?
I just tried it today on a couple of shows I was watching live. Sage moved them to the partially deleted section as expected. The shows were still being comskipped.

Good news, once I deleted video files from there than comm detector removed all the associated comskip files.

I'm still seeing the orphan issue though. I left orphan files behind to see what would happen and they're still sitting there. I went into the plugin and chose 'delete all orphaned....' and it showed the number of orphaned files but did not delete them. I tried it again and same thing. Is the orphan deletion set to run on a schedule or when user selects this?

Log shows deletions not occurring. I've attached the logs with portions concerning the orphan files and deletion. Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTV_0.txt (97.2 KB, 176 views)
Old 10-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've always been interested in adding commercial skipping, just never got around to it. However, this implementation was so easy it was a no brainer to plug it in. Thanks, it is appreciated.

One question I do have, is it possible to configure it so that the show plays without automatically skipping the commercials and then when you press the "skip forward" button inside a blue commercial break section it will automatically jump to the end of that group of commercials?

Currently, setting it to automatically skip commercials works, but I don't see very high WAF for it that way. If I turn that selection off, then all I get is "notification" where the commercials are (in the form of the blue highlights in the timebar) but I don't have any way to "jump" to the end of the commercials, it just jumps in the regular 30 sec intervals.

-Suntan
Old 10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
Currently, setting it to automatically skip commercials works, but I don't see very high WAF for it that way. If I turn that selection off, then all I get is "notification" where the commercials are (in the form of the blue highlights in the timebar) but I don't have any way to "jump" to the end of the commercials, it just jumps in the regular 30 sec intervals.

-Suntan
After turning off autoskip, you can press the right navigation button to skip to the end of the commercial break during playback.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
After turning off autoskip, you can press the right navigation button to skip to the end of the commercial break during playback.
conversely, the left arrow will skip backwards through marker's.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

I've tried the new version and I thought it wasn't working last night, but I discovered that there was a problem with the recording I thought had a problem.

Long story short, my issue is fixed. Next question is about the "Run Comskip" button. I'm using TVE and I'm not seeing that button. What dialog should I see it on?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Long story short, my issue is fixed. Next question is about the "Run Comskip" button. I'm using TVE and I'm not seeing that button. What dialog should I see it on?
When you select a recording that's been processed by CS you should see the Delete Comskip Files choice in your options dialog. Shows that have not been processed yet by CS should instead show the Run Comskip choice in the same window.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 10-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yeah, after posting I actually tried that while lying in bed and then felt a little silly for not trying it sooner.

Anyway, I think that will be acceptable to the War Department to have skip forward 30 sec and skip to end of commercial breaks on two different buttons. After playing with it, personally I think it is better to have them separate as they are now.

Thanks again for the great plugin tmiranda.

-Suntan
Old 10-06-2010, 12:57 PM

Not Showing on Timeline

Hi,

Total Sage Noobie...Anyway, I installed the CommercialDetector plugin and comskip appears to be running properly (it generates comskip files, displays the cs icon, queues up and analyzes show etc.) but the comskip info is not showing up on the timeline when I watch the show and I can't skip over the commercials. My timeline is basically solid green with no marking for where the commercials are.
I've played around with the settings under customizations but no success. Am I missing something? Was there something else I needed to do besides simply install the plugin? Can anyone give me a few pointers?
Thanks!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

the CommercialDetector plugin only does what you are describing: launches comskip to analyse the shows. It does not actually read the .edl files. That is handled by a different UI Mod plugin entirely: 'Comskip Playback' by JREkiwi, razrsharpe. The general plugin 'CommercialDetector' does not automatically install 'Comskip Playback', though I believe the UI Mod 'CommercialDetector UI' does.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When you select a recording that's been processed by CS you should see the Delete Comskip Files choice in your options dialog. Shows that have not been processed yet by CS should instead show the Run Comskip choice in the same window.
I was afraid of this. With TVE it must not be using the same dialog as that option isn't there. I may look into doing this through studio since I won't let go of TVE, but I really would like to have this option as well.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo555 View Post
I just tried it today on a couple of shows I was watching live. Sage moved them to the partially deleted section as expected. The shows were still being comskipped.

Good news, once I deleted video files from there than comm detector removed all the associated comskip files.
This is normal. The shows will be processed but if Sage auto-deletes the partials, or you manually delete them, everything should get deleted and cleaned up properly.

Quote:
I'm still seeing the orphan issue though. I left orphan files behind to see what would happen and they're still sitting there. I went into the plugin and chose 'delete all orphaned....' and it showed the number of orphaned files but did not delete them. I tried it again and same thing. Is the orphan deletion set to run on a schedule or when user selects this?

Log shows deletions not occurring. I've attached the logs with portions concerning the orphan files and deletion. Hope it helps.
The "Delete All Orphaned" function is purely a manual process. If you don't select it, it will never be run.

Thanks for the log, I see the deletions failed, but I do not know why. It's on my "to do" list.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was afraid of this. With TVE it must not be using the same dialog as that option isn't there. I may look into doing this through studio since I won't let go of TVE, but I really would like to have this option as well.
I'll look into this as well. I'm going from memory but I think when I ported TVE I used the existing dialog.

I'm just back from a business trip so it may take a few days to get to this.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I had an ATSC station transmission error for about 3 minutes a few nights ago which resulted in a programname-#####-0.mpg and a programname-#####-1.mpg (two mpg files).

The -0 edl, txt etc files were deleted when the recording was deleted but the -1 files were not.

I discovered them the next day while browsing and deleted them so not sure if they would have been deleted eventually if I had left them.
Helen,

I believe this is being caused by a bug in Sage. I've filed a bug report and will let you know when I hear back. The workaround is easy but I'm going to hold off on adding it until I hear back from Sage support.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the log, I see the deletions failed, but I do not know why. It's on my "to do" list.
I think the attached .jar file corrects the issue Sambo555 was having with not deleting the orphans. To install:
- stop Sage
- make a backup copy of CommercialDetector.jar
- unzip the attached CommercialDetector.jar file in the JARs directory
- restart Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip CommercialDetector.zip (60.3 KB, 169 views)

Old 10-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

CPU pegged at 100%?

I've made a bunch of changes lately so I'm not sure how this started but...

With comskip running on 2 threads at a time and processing active recordings, the cpu load goes to 100% and SageTV v7 becomes unusable. I've tried disabling comskip and every calms back down. I also hear heavy hard drive activity when comskip is running.

Comskip was running fine in the configuration noted above except for one or two hiccups per hour in my recordings so I decided I needed to make it better.

I rebuilt my WHS system around a 1.8ghz Intel E4300 Core2Duo (which should have been an upgrade from the single core 3.0ghz P4 530).

After the upgrade I also installed the most recent v7 beta software from SageTV.

I got an error message that I had run out of memory so I adjusted my Java heap size to 512mb.

I've also been get "Halt detected" errors and occasional "no signal" errors.

Not sure if comskip is the problem or just a symptom... Any ideas what's going on or how I can troubleshoot?
Old 10-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Sage Icon

I tried using the built-in recordings menu and I still don't see anything about run comskip or deleting the edl files. I'm not actually using comskip, but rather ShowAnalyzer. Could that be a clue that I have some setting missing?
Old 10-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I think the attached .jar file corrects the issue Sambo555 was having with not deleting the orphans.
That .jar fixed deleting orphan files.

Awesome work! Thank you.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried using the built-in recordings menu and I still don't see anything about run comskip or deleting the edl files. I'm not actually using comskip, but rather ShowAnalyzer. Could that be a clue that I have some setting missing?
First check would be, do you have the 'Commercial Detector UI' plugin installed? (It is in the UI Mod section).