SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

I installed commercial detector and accidently set up the wrong times to run the program, and tonight I noticed it and tried to set new times. All that happened was it added the new times after the old set times instead of erasing all the times and let me put in the new times.'

Can someone see if their copy of the plugin does this with the diamond blues themes and replicate this to see if its a bug or just my setup.

Fixed it by resetting the plugin Sorry

Last edited by trallyus; 01-27-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Commercial detector is properly running and generating the edls on files. But when I delete the recorded file after watching it, it leaves some of the files behind. The strange thing is not all files are leaving artifacts, and they are not consistent. Some files leave edl behind, some leave log files ect.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguebert View Post
Commercial detector is properly running and generating the edls on files. But when I delete the recorded file after watching it, it leaves some of the files behind. The strange thing is not all files are leaving artifacts, and they are not consistent. Some files leave edl behind, some leave log files ect.
Please enable debug logging in Sage, set the loglevel in the Plugin to Trace and attach a log for me to look at. Let me know if you need more details on how to generate the log files.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Please enable debug logging in Sage, set the loglevel in the Plugin to Trace and attach a log for me to look at. Let me know if you need more details on how to generate the log files.

Tom
Ok, I have made the changes you requested. Which log file do you want and how long should I wait to send it. The next recorded file will be deleted tonight.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Send the logfile from your server. It's in the install directory (same place as sagetv.exe) and is called sagetv_0.txt. Send if after you can reproduce one or two failed deletions.

I'm a bit confused by your statement "The next recorded file will be deleted tonight." CommercialDetector will delete .edl, .incommercial, and other files when the recording is deleted. Until then these files will remain on your hard drive.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Send the logfile from your server. It's in the install directory (same place as sagetv.exe) and is called sagetv_0.txt. Send if after you can reproduce one or two failed deletions.

I'm a bit confused by your statement "The next recorded file will be deleted tonight." CommercialDetector will delete .edl, .incommercial, and other files when the recording is deleted. Until then these files will remain on your hard drive.
What I meant to say was, it will be tonight before I can watch a tv show and then delete it. So I can see if the files will be left over or not.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What I meant to say was, it will be tonight before I can watch a tv show and then delete it. So I can see if the files will be left over or not.
That makes sense. Send me the log after you delete one or two shows.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That makes sense. Send me the log after you delete one or two shows.
Here is the log, I do think it is only affecting live tv shows. It appears to be deleting recording tv files and artifacts normally.

I had to parse the log, that sucker gets huge
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (416.5 KB, 143 views)
Old 01-29-2011, 07:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here is the log, I do think it is only affecting live tv shows.
Thanks for the log. I can see what is happening and why the artifacts are not getting cleaned up. When you finish watching the show Sage deletes the partial recording, but in reality it leaves the physical file on the disc for a while and comes back later to actually delete it. When CommercialDetector finds a video file it does not cleanup the artifacts. I thought I had addressed the quirk in a previous version but I missed this case.

As a workaround look for a detailed setting "delete live tv files when not using intelligent recording" (or something like that) and set it to false/disabled. You will have to periodically remove the partials manually (or let Sage eventually delete them.)

Old 01-29-2011, 06:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here is the log, I do think it is only affecting live tv shows. It appears to be deleting recording tv files and artifacts normally.

I had to parse the log, that sucker gets huge
Can you try the attached fix? To install the patch:

- stop your SageTV server
- go to the JARs subdirectory of your sage server
- make a backup of CommercialDetector.jar
- unzip the attachment to this post and replace CommercialDetector.jar
- restart your server

I'm not 100% sure if it will work because I can't easily reproduce the error on my system. If it does not work please attach a full log file. (It will work better if you ZIP the big text file.) Make sure the CommercialDetector loglevel is set to Trace and not Verbose or All.

Thanks,

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip CommercialDetector.zip (63.0 KB, 130 views)

Old 01-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Can you try the attached fix? To install the patch:

- stop your SageTV server
- go to the JARs subdirectory of your sage server
- make a backup of CommercialDetector.jar
- unzip the attachment to this post and replace CommercialDetector.jar
- restart your server

I'm not 100% sure if it will work because I can't easily reproduce the error on my system. If it does not work please attach a full log file. (It will work better if you ZIP the big text file.) Make sure the CommercialDetector loglevel is set to Trace and not Verbose or All.

Thanks,

Tom
I will keep you posted, but so far so good, it has successfully deleted the artifacts from three live tv files today. If anything changes I will post, but thanks for the help. It is working great so far.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I will keep you posted, but so far so good, it has successfully deleted the artifacts from three live tv files today. If anything changes I will post, but thanks for the help. It is working great so far.
OK, let me know. I'm putting the finishing touches on a few other tweaks (including this one) and plan on posting a formal update in a week or so.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
OK, let me know. I'm putting the finishing touches on a few other tweaks (including this one) and plan on posting a formal update in a week or so.
Still working well. It is deleting all artifacts so far.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Still working well. It is deleting all artifacts so far.
I plan to run it a while longer in my "production" system and then release it as 0.90.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I finally *think* I got this setup right in my WHS environment. However, half the time now the EDL files are zero bytes on shows that don't seem like they'd be too complicated to commercial skip. So I'm wondering if maybe in trying to make changes I could have inadvertantly changed a setting.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsdyker View Post
I finally *think* I got this setup right in my WHS environment. However, half the time now the EDL files are zero bytes on shows that don't seem like they'd be too complicated to commercial skip. So I'm wondering if maybe in trying to make changes I could have inadvertantly changed a setting.
If the .edl file is empty it means that comskip ran but did did not find any commercials. This can happen if:
- There really are no commercials.
- It's a bad recording (all static for analog recordings or extreme pixelation on digital recordings.)
- The comskip .ini file is corrupted or altered.
- comskip crashed while runnning.

If it's not one of the first two things, ZIP and attach the comskip.ini file (located in the comskip directory under the Sage install directory) so I can have a look at it.

If the .ini file looks good set the loglevel to "Verbose" and post the sagetv_0.txt log file. (Setting the loglevel to verbose will capture the error logging for comskip and put it into the sage log file.)

The problem *should* be easy to diagnose.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

see attached ini. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt comskip.ini.txt (5.8 KB, 124 views)
Old 02-02-2011, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsdyker View Post
see attached ini. Thanks!
I take it the recordings in question do have commercials and are not all static or "No Signal"?

The .ini looks normal. Set the loglevel to Verbose and send the resulting log. You will need to attach the whole thing and that requires that you ZIP it rather than just attaching the .txt file.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah sorry meant to post a zip, actually zipped it, then picked the wrong file when I uploaded. But since it was only 5K I didn't re-do. Here is the sage debug file from the server. I also saved the client debug file but didn't attach it.
  • I enabled debugging,
  • turned on verbose
  • stopped the server,
  • started the server,
  • went to recordings,
  • deleted the Comskip files for one of the "America's Funniest Home Videos" that plays fine, is not static, and has commercials.
  • Then recreated the comskip information (run comskip).
  • There are commercials, but they do not get marked.
  • Program plays fine (not static)

I really appreciate your help!

FILE PROCESSING COMPLETE 107838 FRAMES AT 2997
-------------------
107837 107838

If it is helpful in searching the log the video File name is AmericasFunniestHomeVideos-1220631-0
I did look in my recordings directory and confirmed that new EDL/Incommercial/TXT files were created during this session (edl is empty).

- Steve
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (33.6 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by dealsdyker; 02-02-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Steve,

How long did you wait after pressing "Run Comskip" before shutting down the server? The server is never seeing the request to run comskip so comskip is never executed.

Silly question: Do you have the CommercialDetector UI Mod (in addition to the General Plugin) installed? (If you don't the "run comskip" button will not work.) You must have the UI Mod Plugin installed on the SageClient.

Assuming you do have it installed try manually deleting all artifacts for the recording (i.e. everything except the .mpg) and then press the "Run comskip" button. If the "CS" icon does not appear in the header after a minute or so comskip is not running. If it does appear, wait untl it disappears (meaning comskip has finished) and then send me the logfile from the server AND the SageClient.

Lastly, send me the .properties file from the server. (You nee to shutdown Sage before zipping and sending.)

Tom