SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Both of those questions are answered in the comskip wiki (which I copied from in my post above). The wiki is linked in the first post.
Thanks for doing tech support for me

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Sage User

Thank you guys!

I am up and running now and very well I might add!

Tom, your program is awesome!

--Ray

Ray

Linux 2.6.38-10-server on x86_64 / SageTV 7.1.9 / Placeshifter / Boxee - soon / 2-HDHOMERUN
Core i3 / 8GB / 72 GIG Raptor Boot / 2TB WD Green TV Drive
Old 02-10-2011, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Thanks for doing tech support for me
You know.. it's easier for me to support his with ('read the wiki') than supporting bmt Maybe we could swap projects
Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Maybe we could swap projects
Not a chance, BMT is way more complex!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there an option to have Comskip NOT do anything with the last 2 minutes of a show? On a few shows, most recently Biggest Loser, there are ads ad the end, then they nestle the previews for the next show within the ads. Since it is at the end of the 2 hour show it is near impossible to re-watch and drag the position indicator to the end, because if you drag to far Sage just stops watching the show. And Comskip just skips the ads anyway if you don't get the placement of draging the position indicator just perfect... which is near impossible... and the show auto-ends.

So what I do is go out after watching, delete the comskip files, then drag to 2 or so minutes from the end and skip forward to see the previews. Then I go back out and re-create comskip for the new person in the house who might view.

But it would be nice if there were an option to just not comskip the last 1 or 2 minutes. If so, let me know (I did look at the wiki and didn't see an option for this). If not, please consider adding it. Thanks!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Sage Icon

I believe that you need to do it at the comskip end...not a function of commercialdetector

In the comskip.ini put in

always_keep_last_seconds=120

This will affect future runs of comskip, not any edl files you already have.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsdyker View Post
Is there an option to have Comskip NOT do anything with the last 2 minutes of a show? On a few shows, most recently Biggest Loser, there are ads ad the end, then they nestle the previews for the next show within the ads. Since it is at the end of the 2 hour show it is near impossible to re-watch and drag the position indicator to the end, because if you drag to far Sage just stops watching the show. And Comskip just skips the ads anyway if you don't get the placement of draging the position indicator just perfect... which is near impossible... and the show auto-ends.

So what I do is go out after watching, delete the comskip files, then drag to 2 or so minutes from the end and skip forward to see the previews. Then I go back out and re-create comskip for the new person in the house who might view.

But it would be nice if there were an option to just not comskip the last 1 or 2 minutes. If so, let me know (I did look at the wiki and didn't see an option for this). If not, please consider adding it. Thanks!
Are you sure you're not at my house watching the office or any other show? This is exactly what I do.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Code:
A big caveat about SageClients:

The SageClient will only be able to "see" the commercial skipping information if you have setup your Sage server to use UNC paths (\\ServerName\Path) for recording and not used absolute paths (D:, E:, F:).
Is there any way to change the Sage server patch to UNC without messing everything?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
Code:
A big caveat about SageClients:

The SageClient will only be able to "see" the commercial skipping information if you have setup your Sage server to use UNC paths (\\ServerName\Path) for recording and not used absolute paths (D:, E:, F:).
Is there any way to change the Sage server patch to UNC without messing everything?
There is a lot of info on this issue, search is your friend.

Look at this post and the posts leading up to it: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...=49958&page=26

Old 02-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Sage User

Has anyone tried this with Babgvant's SageDCT software?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenpc View Post
Has anyone tried this with Babgvant's SageDCT software?
Yep. Works just fine for me.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Comskip & SA

I know this is an odd question. Is there a way to use comskip for everything except for .ts files. Then use ShowAnalyzer with those? (probably using the SA scheduler)
I have the donators version of Comskip and the purchased version of SA.
It's just that comskip is so slow with TS that I was hoping I could set things up this way.
Sorry for such an odd question.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochurch View Post
I know this is an odd question. Is there a way to use comskip for everything except for .ts files. Then use ShowAnalyzer with those? (probably using the SA scheduler)
It's just that comskip is so slow with TS that I was hoping I could set things up this way.
Not with this plugin. You'd have to use SJQ for that extra level of control.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-02-2011, 07:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Possibly. This plugin will allw you to use Comskip on some channels and ShowAnalyzer on others. So if all of your .ts files come from specific channels you can do what you want. See the Wiki section titled "Using Comskip on some recordings and ShowAnalyzer on Others" http://code.google.com/p/tmiranda/wi...ercialDetector

Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up Thanks

Great replies! I'll either suck it up and lean SJQ, or input all the channels.
Thanks again. The Sage Community is the best!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Great replies! I'll either suck it up and lean SJQ, or input all the channels.
Thanks again. The Sage Community is the best!
You don't have to "input all the channels". All the channels are already listed. What you do is first set if comskip or ShowAnalyzer is the default, and then override the default on the channels that you want to use the other program.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quick question.

Is it possible to run comskip.exe on another machine? My htpc is not super beefy but the family quad core sitting next to it could easily do the work.

I did search the thread but couldnt find anything.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 03-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
Quick question.

Is it possible to run comskip.exe on another machine? My htpc is not super beefy but the family quad core sitting next to it could easily do the work.

I did search the thread but couldnt find anything.
My server is in the basement on a Linux box.
I used to run comskip on my windows desktop (mounted shares over the network) and it worked just fine.

However, if you do that, then you won't be able to utilize the auto-scan features built into the plugin for v7.

Today, I run wine on my linux box and the plugin just f'ing works! As a show is recording, comskip will run automatically.

My server has Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz, 2GB RAM (currently only using 700MB)
Old 03-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo View Post
My server is in the basement on a Linux box.
I used to run comskip on my windows desktop (mounted shares over the network) and it worked just fine.

However, if you do that, then you won't be able to utilize the auto-scan features built into the plugin for v7.

Today, I run wine on my linux box and the plugin just f'ing works! As a show is recording, comskip will run automatically.

My server has Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz, 2GB RAM (currently only using 700MB)
Could you be more specific?

1. So if i path to the exe and ini on a UNC path, it will run comskip remotely on another machine (the load will actually be on the remote machine)?
2. what "auto-scan" features do you speak of?

thanks..
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 03-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
Could you be more specific?

1. So if i path to the exe and ini on a UNC path, it will run comskip remotely on another machine (the load will actually be on the remote machine)?
2. what "auto-scan" features do you speak of?

thanks..
1. I set up sagetv server on box A. Add the /var/media dirs to samba/windows share. Then, on box B, I can run Windows, browse to the mpg that I want to scan, right-click and select open with ... comskip.

works great.

2. when you install comskip onto sagetv v7 using the plugin UI, one of the options is to auto scan recordings as they arrive on disk. It's really really cool. If you run the server on linux, you have to install wine for a user and the plugin is able to accommodate that.