SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Sage User

2 Blu-Ray Questions

First, I wanted to say I'm excited about Sage v7 and I love the new look of the interface!

Question #1
I think this topic has been covered before, but the solution isn't clear to me. I'm running Win7 x64, and I want to watch Blu-Rays through Sage using DVDFab Passkey (or AnyDVD HD could work, too). Can work without adding the drive as an import path and rescanning? I'd *love* to be able to insert a Blu-Ray and just play it, and I feel like I'm really close to being able to do that.

Question #2
What video setup options should I be using to watch a decrypted Blu-Ray that appears in the DVD/BD menu? My current set of options have it "failing to render the video portion".

Thanks!
Todd
Old 08-15-2010, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfurlong View Post
First, I wanted to say I'm excited about Sage v7 and I love the new look of the interface!

Question #1
I think this topic has been covered before, but the solution isn't clear to me. I'm running Win7 x64, and I want to watch Blu-Rays through Sage using DVDFab Passkey (or AnyDVD HD could work, too). Can work without adding the drive as an import path and rescanning? I'd *love* to be able to insert a Blu-Ray and just play it, and I feel like I'm really close to being able to do that.
That isn't currently possible. It requires a scan to detect that it is a bluray in the drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfurlong View Post
Question #2
What video setup options should I be using to watch a decrypted Blu-Ray that appears in the DVD/BD menu? My current set of options have it "failing to render the video portion".
That sounds like a CODEC issue. More than likely, the disc you are trying to watch is VC-1, which I believe has some problems in the current eta builds. On Win7, H.264 BluRay's (which is MOST discs on the market) should play pretty much out of the box. VC-1, however, will have to be watched in an external player software, until sage gets the VC-1 playback fixed. (It's not presenting the VC-1 files correctly or something, preventing it from connecting to the proper decoders).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-15-2010, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

#1 will be possible soon in SMM I will not require a drive be added to the sage import library only that a movie be loaded in the drive.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Sage User

Fuzzy, thanks for the Codec tips.

Plucky, that sounds like exactly the behavior I'd like to see!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

For now, if you only ever watch Blu-rays you don't have to rescan. You only need to rescan if you switch between DVDs & Blu-rays
Old 08-16-2010, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
For now, if you only ever watch Blu-rays you don't have to rescan. You only need to rescan if you switch between DVDs & Blu-rays
Correct. One of the reasons I still have my HD-DVD drive hooked up. I play bluRays in the BluRay drive, and DVD's in the HD-DvD drive. Saves the rescanning if I switch out discs.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room