SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

+1. I just got my Android phone and this would be a great add on.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there any update to this by chance? Any reason Sage doesn't want to install it?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

I think Andy (Opus4) can do this, but choosing not to for whatever reason. I already PM'ed him about it, but didn't get a reply. Maybe if all of you PM'ed him also, then we can get somewhere.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
I think Andy (Opus4) can do this, but choosing not to for whatever reason. I already PM'ed him about it, but didn't get a reply. Maybe if all of you PM'ed him also, then we can get somewhere.
I'm speaking for Andy, but I can certainly see a couple of good reasons why SageTV would not do this...
1. They'd have to support it. I'm sure it all "just works", but everytime someone can't connect to the forum using tapatalk, for any reason, then there's a support request. He could just add it on, without support, but then as soon as it doesn't work, for any reason, then people will start bashing SageTV for not supporting it. Bottom line, it's a potential time waster.

2. Sage has new release coming out, so I'm sure their everyone's time is spent doing all they can do to make that a success. Having TapaTalk access is probably not a bug priority right now. But, after Sage7 is released, and things settle down, and Andy gets bored, maybe he'll look at Tapa Talk.

BTW, I'm sure encouraging a DoS attack via PMs is not a great way to earn karma
Old 11-04-2010, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe if all of you PM'ed him also, then we can get somewhere.
Give the guy a break; you've already drawn his attention to this thread, so he's aware of your opinion. Spamming him with a flood of PMs will probably not make him like the idea any better.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm speaking for Andy, but I can certainly see a couple of good reasons why SageTV would not do this...
1. They'd have to support it. I'm sure it all "just works", but everytime someone can't connect to the forum using tapatalk, for any reason, then there's a support request. He could just add it on, without support, but then as soon as it doesn't work, for any reason, then people will start bashing SageTV for not supporting it. Bottom line, it's a potential time waster.
This is a user support forum, not a SageTV product, so there's nothing to support. Tapatalk is a vBulletin-related request.
Quote:
2. Sage has new release coming out, so I'm sure their everyone's time is spent doing all they can do to make that a success. Having TapaTalk access is probably not a bug priority right now. But, after Sage7 is released, and things settle down, and Andy gets bored, maybe he'll look at Tapa Talk.
Maybe, I know he writes the SageTV Manual.
Quote:
BTW, I'm sure encouraging a DoS attack via PMs is not a great way to earn karma
Karma? This isn't reddit.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Sage Icon

There's an alternative iPhone app to Tapatalk called Forums Pro by Swem Solutions.

It doesn't require the forum admins to install any scripts or do anything. It supports Invision Power Board 2 and 3, phpBB 2 and 3, and vBulletin 3 and 4. There's a free version with ads, or paid version ($1) for ads free.

I tested it with SageTV forum and it seems to work well enough. The page load time is not as fast I was hoping for, but it is certainly faster than Safari. There's no search tool so that's a big missing feature. You can see your inbox messages, but sending message doesn't seem to work [Edit: sending message DOES work]. Images loads fine, but zooming in and out isn't supported. Replying to post works. Green highlight means there are new post. And you can bookmark pages for quick access.

Here are some screenshots:

Last edited by mayamaniac; 11-22-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
There's an alternative iPhone app to Tapatalk called Forums Pro by Swem Solutions.

It doesn't require the forum admins to install any scripts or do anything. It supports Invision Power Board 2 and 3, phpBB 2 and 3, and vBulletin 3 and 4. There's a free version with ads, or paid version ($1) for ads free.

I tested it with SageTV forum and it seems to work well enough. The page load time is not as fast I was hoping for, but it is certainly faster than Safari. There's no search tool so that's a big missing feature. You can see your inbox messages, but sending message doesn't seem to work. Images loads fine, but zooming in and out isn't supported. Replying to post works. Green highlight means there are new post. And you can bookmark pages for quick access.

Here are some screenshots:

Thanks mayamaniac, I will have to try this out.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 11-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Sage Expert

Update:

I have installed on both my Iphone and IPad. On the Iphone, the app works. I have a couple forums that I frequent that I can quickly view now.

On the IPad, it does not work. Hopefully that bug is taken care of in a future release, or they release an HD version of the Forum Pro.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 11-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Sage Icon

I think on the iPad, it's fine to use Safari for the forums.

Messaging does work with Forum Pro, it just doesn't show up in the Sent box, so I couldn't tell whether the message was sent until I received a reply.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I hate to wake an old post but has anyone heard an update if there are any plans to implement tapatalk? I would like to use it and obviously don't see sage listed in the forums available??
Old 03-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

+1 for that! This is the only forum I read daily that doesn't use TapaTalk. I would love to see SageTV support. Thank you!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 03-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Administrator

It looks like this didn't get posted before, so I'll let everyone know now that we have no plans to install TapaTalk.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
It looks like this didn't get posted before, so I'll let everyone know now that we have no plans to install TapaTalk.

- Andy
How about a mobile vbulletin theme as suggested before?

Old 10-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Sage Icon

Mobile Forum Support

Has anyone used Tapatalk? Looks like a popular way to get forums mobile formatted - but each forum has to install a plugin?

Discuss

* merged *
Old 10-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Sage Icon

Per the following post, it looks like there was no plans for this earlier this year. Doubtful that anything has changed since then, especially considering SageTV's status...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50210
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
Then don't But that doesn't mean others shouldn't have that option made available to them if it's a no/low-impact change to the forums.
And if you don't, you get a constant nag popup EVERY TIME you go to the forum from your phone. No thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
And if you don't, you get a constant nag popup EVERY TIME you go to the forum from your phone. No thanks
That I didn't know and would definitely suck.
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 08-25-2015, 03:08 AM
Sage Expert

Since the forums have sprung back in to life. I'd like to ask politely again if it would be possible to get onto a version of vbulletin that supports tapatalk. Thanks
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 08-25-2015, 03:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
Since the forums have sprung back in to life. I'd like to ask politely again if it would be possible to get onto a version of vbulletin that supports tapatalk. Thanks
I don't know. I really don't like tapatalk. Aside from the cost, it nags non-tapatalk users continuously when you visit the page.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room