SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Sage User

Import/Export Channel Lineup

There is a new Plugin in SageTV 7: "Import/Export Channel Lineup"
I assume that it saves current lineup settings with all remappings and enabled channels.
Looks very promising but I cannot find any info on how to use it.
I would appreciate any help.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkost View Post
There is a new Plugin in SageTV 7: "Import/Export Channel Lineup" I assume that it saves current lineup settings with all remappings and enabled channels. Looks very promising but I cannot find any info on how to use it. I would appreciate any help.
Me too!
HP Mediasmart EX-485 server with 4.5tb storage, running Sagetv 7.0.23; 2 Hauppauge HD-PVRs; 2 Directv Receivers (H20 and H21 channel changing by usb/serial/usb cables); 4 Sagetv HD-200s; 1 Sagetv HD-300; Carada Criterion 126" screen; Definitive Technology speakers (UIW RLS II x 3, UIW BP/A x 2, DI 5.5BPS x 2, IWSub 10/10), Pioneer KRP-500M Kuro plasma; Pioneer Elite SC-07 receiver; Panasonic TH-50PH9UK plasma; Sharp Aquos LC-C4067U LCD; Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray player.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

I've used it, it's pretty handy. It expects that you have a C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV directory, which is where it will put the export file and is also where it looks for the import file. After you install the plugin, go to Channel Setup, and then go to Edit Channel Lineup. You should see a choice to "Export Enabled Channels on Lineup". Click this, and it will put a file named something like "Hauppauge Colossus Capture 0-0-Component+SPDIF.export" in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV directory. This is a text file that can be edited with any text editor. There is also a choice under Edit Channel Lineup to "Import Channel Lineup". If you click that, it will create an empty import file in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV directory, at which point you will know what file name the import facility expects for that video capture device. Once you have an import file that you want to import, click on "Disable All Channels" to clear the selected channels, and then click on "Import Channel Lineup". It should enable only the channels that you have defined and mapped in the .import file.

Good luck, hope this helps!
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 05-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

How to Import a Channel Lineup:

1) Main Menu...Setup...Setup Video Sources...Select your video source...Channel Setup...Edit Channel Lineup..."Import Channel Lineup". A popup message should appear telling you that a file was created in the SageTV directory.
2) Open the "name-of-video-source.import" file that was generated in the previous step, add your channel info, save, and close the file.
***Note: If you are importing channels for a digital tuner(ATSC, DVB, QAM), the "CH:" number in the "name-of-video-source.import" must match the "CH:" number in the "name-of-video-source.frq" file. This does not apply to video inputs(Composite, S-Video, Component) since they do not need tuning info.
3) In SageTV, run "Import Channel Lineup" again. Your channels should now be added to the channel lineup.

How to Export a Channel Lineup:

1) Main Menu...Setup...Setup Video Sources...Select your video source...Channel Setup.
2) Make sure all the channels you want exported are "enabled".
3) Edit Channel Lineup..."Export Enabled Channels on Lineup".
4) A file called "name-of-video-source.export" will be created in the SageTV directory.
***Note: In order to re-import the channels you will need to change the file extension from ".export" to ".import". Also, if the exported channels are from a digital tuner(ATSC, DVB, QAM), make a backup of the "name-of-video-source.frq" file.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Sage Icon

3dOptics, does the "Import Channel Lineup" functionality disable any previously enabled channels that are not present in the import file? That would eliminate the need to click on "Disable All Channels" prior to running the import.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
does the "Import Channel Lineup" functionality disable any previously enabled channels that are not present in the import file?
After experimenting a little with this, it appears that "Import Channel Lineup" strictly adds channels to the existing lineup. You will need to click on "Disable All Channels" prior to importing if you want only the imported channels to be enabled after the import.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

I realize this is old but I Have noticed a bug for some reason I can't export one of my channel line ups. It is using SageDCT with my ceton card. Any ideas what I can do to export this data? I try enabling and disabling a channel just to see if it cleared something up. Also this device has 4 tuners and only 2 have EPG's associated. I tried each of them to export but the file is 0 bytes.

Thanks,

Neil
Old 09-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post
I realize this is old but I Have noticed a bug for some reason I can't export one of my channel line ups. It is using SageDCT with my ceton card. Any ideas what I can do to export this data? I try enabling and disabling a channel just to see if it cleared something up. Also this device has 4 tuners and only 2 have EPG's associated. I tried each of them to export but the file is 0 bytes.
I have the exact same problem. I really do not know why it will not export the SageDCT tuner lineups, but I think it is due to the naming convention used for the tuners. Hope there is a way to get them to export.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 07-26-2013, 06:22 AM
Sage Icon

I too just ran into this issue with the Ceton tuner. Anyone know a work around, or know how to contact 3dOptics. I looked at his profile, and he hasn't been on the forums in years.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 01-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Sage Icon

BTW, I'm 99% sure the issue is that he reads the tuner name, and network based tuner has a "ortnumber" in it, and the ":" can't be used by windows in a file name.

I did find an STVI file named "ImportExportChannelLineup.stvi" which is all plain text, but I'm not a JAVA or XML person. (BTW, I'm not sure this is the correct file!)

Is there anyone out there that could fix this, or please make a new one????? It is VERY useful when changing tuners, or as a backup for your channel listing.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Old 05-31-2014, 04:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
BTW, I'm 99% sure the issue is that he reads the tuner name, and network based tuner has a "ortnumber" in it, and the ":" can't be used by windows in a file name.

I did find an STVI file named "ImportExportChannelLineup.stvi" which is all plain text, but I'm not a JAVA or XML person. (BTW, I'm not sure this is the correct file!)

Is there anyone out there that could fix this, or please make a new one????? It is VERY useful when changing tuners, or as a backup for your channel listing.
I updated the plugin. Let me know if it fixed the problem.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dOptics View Post
I updated the plugin. Let me know if it fixed the problem.
Thanks. That seems to be working, at least the export, which I needed the most. Didn't think this would ever be updated!
Old 06-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

No export file generated

I'm trying to run this ahead of switching to SD EPG. I am running Sage9, and installed theplugin (latest ver 1.2.3). I go through the menus to click "export lineup" and nothing happens. No popup notice, no files generated in the folder where they're supposed to go. My sage installation is in the default location.

I may just give up and to the switch-over without it, since I can only work on this during slack recording times when I'm not at work (small windows). But if anyone can help get this working, it would be a big help.

Edit: After I enabled a previously-disabled channel on a given lineup, the export worked. Same for each source. Not sure why/how that made the difference.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.

Last edited by VCRUser; 06-04-2017 at 06:33 PM.