SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question Comskip or SageTV bug or neither?

Here is what I've observed and it's not quite what I would expect:

I do a video conversion on a file that has been comskipped and I set it to delete the original when complete. Conversion completes, original deleted as expected and the comskip .edl file is retained and used by the converted file. All is well.

I do a video conversion on a file that has been comskipped and I set it to NOT delete the original when complete. Conversion completes, original retained and the .edl file is retained and used by both the original and converted file. All is well. Now if I manually delete the original file the .edl is also deleted, even though I have a converted file that was using it. I would expect the .edl to be retained when there is a file that is using it (this is the setting I have selected in the comskip options).

Thoughts?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:52 AM
SageTVaholic

This has to do more with what you are using to cleanup the EDL files not with sage (sage by itself does not cleanup EDL etc...) or comskip are you using Dirmon to cleanup, SAD or another STVI?

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-30-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using the comskip plug-in to clean-up files.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_ferrets View Post
I'm using the comskip plug-in to clean-up files.
Then you need to post this in the Comskip Plugin thread... I do not use comskip plugin so cannot help you.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

If you are using CommercialDetector it's a bug. I had not thought about that case (as obvious as it is) so when the .mpg is deleted it automatically deletes the .edl and anything else specified in the configuration.

A temporary workaround is to remove .edl from the list of extensions to cleanup. If you do that you will need to manually delete the .edl files when you delete the .mpg or converted file.

I have two or 3 other items that need fixing so I guess it's time to get another release out.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Tom. Yes I'm using commercialdetector.

I wasn't sure if it was a Sage video conversion thing or a commercial detector thing. Makes perfect sense that it is commercialdetector.

I only discovered this because I was testing the different compression qualities and then I found one I liked and deleted the original and poof the .edl was nuked with it!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll fix it soon. I'll probably put in a Config option where you can specify what extensions signify a video file, and then NOT delete the .edl (and other files to be cleaned up) until none of those file types are present.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.