SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
This is going to drastically change how my children watch television.

Fantastic work. Thanks so much.
Yeah, I thought parents might like this. Now they'll be able to make giant playlist of Netflix shows and set them to playback one after the other without any interaction. I can't think of any other Netflix implementations that lets you do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3
I am thinking this is some sort of windows permissions issue, but I have not been able to resolve it. Any ideas?
That's an odd one, can you give me some specifics...
  • What verion of Windows?
  • Is Sage running as a service?
  • Is the service run as a user or localhost?
  • Is UAC turned on?
  • Any anti-virus software running?
  • Do you get an error when you open a command prompt and run the command
    Code:
    mkdir newFolder

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Sage Icon

This is strange. For some reason the stvi had been uninstalled. I've now re-installed and they are showing on the Online menu. Now the problem is that it's not finding my Playon server. I'm going to do some troubleshooting and post back if I don't find the fix.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Sage Icon

OK, I've figured out part of the problem. When I look specifically under Playon and Browse Playon or under Hulu it says no videos after spending some time looking for them. If I go to Browse Upnp and select Playon on my server then it works. How can I get it to default to my server?

Secondly when I do get it pointed at my server and select a show I get a warning about closing all audio-enabled RDP sessions. The problem is that I don't have any RDP sessions open to the server. Any help with these?

Edit: Got the RDP issue fixed. I had to create an RDP session with the audio specifically set to the server. Now I just need to get it directed to the right computer and I'll be all set.

Last edited by toricred; 09-03-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

None of the recordings will go away after removing the plugin and deleting the folder. I've rescanned a couple times. Can manually delete those that made it to the TV section. But not in the Titles area.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Ahh, I think I know what's going on. If you deleted the actual import directory
Code:
...\SageTV\SageOnlineSevicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser\PlayOn\
Sage has a thing where it won't remove content from the database if it can't see the import folder anymore. If that's the case try making that folder again but have it be empty. Then Sage should notice that the folder is both there and empty and clear the content.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-04-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

!!! Watched status for online shows !!! Excellent implementation evil !!!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post

That's an odd one, can you give me some specifics...
  • What verion of Windows?
  • Is Sage running as a service?
  • Is the service run as a user or localhost?
  • Is UAC turned on?
  • Any anti-virus software running?
  • Do you get an error when you open a command prompt and run the command
    Code:
    mkdir newFolder
1. Windows XP
2. Yes
3. The local system account (default setup)
4. No
5. Yes. AVG free
6. No errors and directories are created as expected.

I will try switching the service to a user account with admin permissions...
Old 09-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Sage Icon

Ok, this is really cool... but I am having a problem with MyMovies.

I am having a problem with getting the Netflix que to work with MyMovies. I added the MyMovies option in the setup and pointed it to use my normal movies share "\\KERRHOME\MOVIES" It created another directory under that called Movies an created a *.mkv shortcut for everything in the que.

What seems to happen is that it puts everything in the new Movies directory and not in a separate directory for each movie as required by MyMovies. If I create the directory for the movie and move the shortcuts into it by hand then the Netflix movie will show up in MyMovies and play fine.

It seems to have not problems create directories for the TV folder it setup.

Attaching log file:

Update: Added stuff to my Hulu Que and it works exactly the same way.
Attached Files
File Type: txt UPnPBrowser.log.txt (15.1 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by SWKerr; 09-04-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

I've got Playon working and coming from my server. That's great. Now I'm trying to use the import as recordings for Hulu Queue Items. I'm not using Netflix at the moment. I'm not seeing the .playon files created and I've got a ton of java buffer overflow errors in my debug log since installing this, but that could be a coincidence. Is there some documentation on what I should be looking for if this is working correctly?
Old 09-04-2010, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post

I am having a problem with getting the Netflix que to work with MyMovies. I added the MyMovies option in the setup and pointed it to use my normal movies share "\\KERRHOME\MOVIES" It created another directory under that called Movies an created a *.mkv shortcut for everything in the que.

What seems to happen is that it puts everything in the new Movies directory and not in a separate directory for each movie as required by MyMovies. If I create the directory for the movie and move the shortcuts into it by hand then the Netflix movie will show up in MyMovies and play fine.

It seems to have not problems create directories for the TV folder it setup.

Attaching log file:

Update: Added stuff to my Hulu Que and it works exactly the same way.
EP will have to help with it not putting it in folders (unless I coded the plugin wrong). But just for reference I really recommend you use a different directory then your main movies directory for this app. It will be allot harder for me to decipher in mymovies code if you are using the same directory which is online and which is offline unless I change the way I do it which i might just do that on second thought..not sure yet.

But from a personal perspective I would not want the fake or dummy files mixed in the same directory as my real files as that would get confusing to me..
Old 09-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is asome plugin thank you so much

Just thought i would ask any way to do this with Amazon Vod. Wife has series and stuff on their and I personal hate amazon. But thought i would ask. If not still a great plugin
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 09-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Sage User

Folder Creation for MyMovies

Love this. Thank you!

Individual folders for MyMovies are being created for TV but not for Movies.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

Here's the log from upnpbrowser. It looks like it's seeing my server is server2, but doesn't go about creating the folders. Any more information that would help?:
Attached Files
File Type: txt Copy of UPnPBrowser.txt (2.6 KB, 204 views)
Old 09-04-2010, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
1. Windows XP
2. Yes
3. The local system account (default setup)
4. No
5. Yes. AVG free
6. No errors and directories are created as expected.

I will try switching the service to a user account with admin permissions...
I think I know what's going on. If I remember correctly XP's version of mkdir won't make nested directories in one call. For example to make the folder
Code:
PlayOn\TV\Series\Season\
I'd have to do mkdir for every level.
Code:
mkdir PlayOn\TV\
mkdir PlayOn\TV\Series\
mkdir PlayOn\TV\Series\Season\
rather than one command which works on Vista/Win7.
Code:
mkdir PlayOn\TV\Series\Season\
Its an easy fix so i'll get it out in the next version.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

Could that be the same issue I'm seeing?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by opusinteractive View Post
Individual folders for MyMovies are being created for TV but not for Movies.
Opps, forgot to test that. I'll take a look at it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
But just for reference I really recommend you use a different directory then your main movies directory for this app.
Yep, same here. While everything will work fine for this plugin if you mix the .playon files with your real videos, I really just recommend leaving the default folder set. I understand that people might not want it on their C: drive but honestly It doesn't take up much space (1000 videos =~ 30mb) and after the first scan there's very little harddrive activity since it just has to add/remove a few shows.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
This is asome plugin thank you so much

Just thought i would ask any way to do this with Amazon Vod. Wife has series and stuff on their and I personal hate amazon. But thought i would ask. If not still a great plugin
Glad you like it. Forgot about Amazon VOD (never use it myself) but that should be easy to add.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Sage User

Wow...I was just talking with a friend the other day, saying it would be nice if online content could be merged into Sage for a more seamless experience.

I love it! Thanks EP & Plucky!! Sage's entire development community never ceases to amaze me with their creativity and willingness to help others!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've had some issues getting this set up and working on a Windows Home Server based system.

At first nothing was updating and so I looked at the SageTV log and noticed the command it was executing. So I went about manually running the following:

Code:
C:\PROGRA~1\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs>unpnpbrowser.exe /scrapeMode /outputDir "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser\PlayOn"
The output revealed that the Hulu scan was happening ok but was getting hung up on the Netflix queue:

Code:
    - Looking for : Instant Queue
      + /Netflix username/password error
    ! Couldn't find : Instant Queue
    + Execution time: 00:00:13
After entering my correct Netflix login/passwd in the PlayOn settings, running it again gave me a different error:

Code:
mkdir.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because cygintl-2.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
After tracking down a copy of the dll and dropping it in "C:\Program Files\OpenSSH\bin" I ran the command again. This time it was able to create the dummy .mkv and .playon files for the Netflix Instant queue stuff but failed on the Hulu shows with a bunch of:

Code:
mkdir: cannot create directory `C:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\SageOnlineSer
vicesEXEs\\UPnPBrowser\\PlayOn\\TV\\Xena Warrior Princess\\Season 6': No such file or directory
Girlfriends' show, not mine.

So I manually created the TV directory at C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser\PlayOn\ and ran it a final time. This time, a few Hulu shows' dummy files were created but most were not. It seems that those which failed had multiple seasons and failed because of mkdir problem with nested folders.

I noticed in your previous comment that you are going to release a fix that issues separate mkdir commands. This should clear things up for me but I thought that you might want to hear about my experience. Maybe you could incorporate some error-handling for incorrect login details or the dll thing?

Great work on getting this implemented!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

I too am having trouble getting this working.

Sage is running on a Win 7 Pro 64 bit computer. I have all my ripped movies and tv shows on my WHS. I also have My Movies CM running on the Sage box pointing to the movies on my WHS and all works well.

I pointed the plugin to \\WHS\Videos to put all the dummy files, but neither at the scheduled time or if I hit "Update Now" is it populating my Hulu queue.

I've tried the default setting both in local user mode in the service panel and with a username and password. I've changed the Video Import Path to be the default and even created a c:\playon folder on the local drive on the Sage box. None of them work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt UPnPBrowser.log.txt (21.4 KB, 227 views)
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Closed Thread