SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Improving Imported TV hits

Hey guys,

I am having problems getting BMT to populate the Title and Episode fields correctly and it is causing issues when it tries to import the shows. I have BMT set to automatically import TV shows and to import TV shows as recordings.

There are a couple scenarios where this is happening

1.) Archived TV - I have an import directory named Archived TV. In this directory, I have folders with the names shows. In each of these folders is the episodes. For example. \\Archived TV\Friends\Friends - S01E01 - The one where monica gets a roommate.mkv.

This is getting imported into the Sage7 Recordings menu. However, each episode is getting imported separately instead of all in one folder.

What is happening is the "Show Title" field is getting populated as "Friends\Friends - S01E01 - The one where monica gets a roommate.mkv". The "Episode Title" Field is getting populated exactly the same so it is causing the entire video file name to appear separately in the recordings menu. There are close to 250 separate entries for friends right now.

If I go in and manually, set the "Show Title" to just "friends" and then edit the "Episode Title" to just the title, and save, it will then put the file into a grouped folder like I want.

My question is, why is this happening? Is there an easier way to fix this then editing each of these entries in the database manually?

2.) I am now using the EP's Playon Netflix/Hulu Queue importer. BMT is importing the files into the sage videos. However, I added Weeds Season 1-3 and Californication season 1. Only 5 or so episodes from both of these shows has been imported into the TV recordings view. When I search for where the rest of the shows are, BMT has flagged the episodes as Movies and can not find metadata. If I then change the episode to TV it will populate everything the same as I listed in #1. I have to manually change the "Show Title" and "Episode Title" fields manually for this to work properly. This is less than ideal as we rotate our netflix queue fairly often.

I am running

BMT - 4.6
Phoenix - 2.0.11

Thanks,

-Peter

Last edited by Peter_h; 09-09-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

Please see the following pictures of what is going on with issue #1 Archived TV.

Picture #1 shows what is happening if I leave things as is as well as what it looks like when I edit it (what should be happening).

Picture #2 is a drill down and shows the issue with the "Show Title" and "Episode Name" fields.

Picture #3 is after I edit it.

Is there a way to do this in bulk? Are there settings I can make so that BMT can reimport these correctly and automatically?
Attached Images
File Type: png Imported TV - Corrected and Not Corrected.png (134.2 KB, 264 views)
File Type: png Imported TV - Drill Down - Not Corrected.png (112.7 KB, 249 views)
File Type: png Imported TV - Drill Down - Corrected.png (103.0 KB, 253 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 04:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Attached are pictures of issue #2. Pretty similar to what is going on in #1. Only difference is that these files are being added by the Playon Netflix/Hulu queue plugin so they change quite often.

Picture #2 shows that the files are being flagged as movies and metadata is not found and files are not imported to TV recordings.

Picture #3 shows what happens if i change from Movies to TV flag. No other change is made and you can see it is populating "Show Title" and "Episode Name" w/ the same problem as #1. If I try to then run an update metadata, it will fail. Only after I manually edit both fields to remove all the extraneous information will metadata lookup work.
Attached Images
File Type: png Playon Episodes.png (59.0 KB, 206 views)
File Type: png Playon Episodes - Drill down.png (79.2 KB, 194 views)
File Type: png Playon Episodes - Drilldown - TV.png (91.5 KB, 193 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Peter,

For the first issue... that may be by design... not sure... but I have a unit test for each of the providers, and I know that I'm pulling the correct values... What I need to do is check and see if I'm setting ALL of the title fields correctly (which the test case currently checks as well, but it might need to be tweaked). I've opened an issue for this, so you can subscribe if you want to be notified when I start work and close it out.

As for Play-on... I'm not sure how it's integrating with BMT, but, if it's simply adding files to the SageTV Media Library, then bmt will process those with the rules as normal files. Depending on how the files are named, you'll get mixed results. If the files contain a season and episode number in the filename, formatted as, S##E##, then the scrapers will automatically determine that it is a TV file. But if they are named as, "ShowName - EpisodeTitle.playon", then bmt has to do a fuzzy logic search against the EpisodeTitle in order to find a match. BMT does use a couple different algorithms when doing this, but whenever you are doing fuzzy matches, it's not an exact science, so you are bound to get some mishits. Also, if bmt can't determine that the file is a TV file, then it will default to a Movie. I'll have to understand more about how the playon files are formatted to see if there is an issue in bmt handling those files... although I suspect that it handles them like normal files.

The bad news is that I am in the middle of doing some major restructuring... and as a result, I can't even begin to look at this for another couple of weeks But, for the first issue, if it turns out to be an issue with bmt, then once a fix is available, you'll only have to rescan those files, and the metadata will get fixed up... so if you can wait, I'd wait... just so you don't have to manually edit a bunch of files.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the response, sean. No worries on the time frame. I'm actually out of town for the next couple of days.

Once I get back, I'll show you some more pictures regarding how the files are populating in the recordings view and actual filenames.

-Peter
Old 09-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was having the same issue and when i would do a manully sertch on some i would get the title as the episode name Guess will just wait. I did notice this issue started when the netflix/hulu playon plugin come around. But am happy that now its being worked on thanks you sir for all your hard work
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 09-09-2010, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
As for Play-on... I'm not sure how it's integrating with BMT, but, if it's simply adding files to the SageTV Media Library, then bmt will process those with the rules as normal files. Depending on how the files are named, you'll get mixed results.
Yep, no need to worry about PlayOn stuff. They're just dummy videos so they'll go though Sage's normal file import proceedure and then get passed onto BMT for scraping like anything else. I'm also encoding the file names with as much info as possible (S##E##, Show -- Episode, and Movie (YEAR)) so BMT shouldn't be having any problems with them provided their metadata exists.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

So I did a clean slate install on my server for this issue. (had to do it for other reason really) But IT corrected all my issues execpt if i go to find info for a show i still get the title and just the info of the series instead of the episode.
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 09-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK so the weired thing is I was just trying to update on series Dragon Ball Gt. it kept just giving me the where just give me the series info in all the fields. but I went to see if i was having this issue with another series so i went to dragon ball Z and it allowed me to updated the info correct.

Opps ok my bad in anime series they just go 1-100 even if its in different seasons not like american shows but. in the info on thetvdb.com they have it setup with season and epsiodes 1-10 but in their is a production code that has the right episode number any way around this other than reedting all my anime shows ?

Last edited by Dreameriz; 09-09-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

@peter_h - I'm currently doing some testing on various issues... I've cleaned out a few, but this one is hard for me to reproduce, so I wanted to clarify some things...

1. If you are in the web ui, editing the metadata for this show, and you click find metadata, select it, and then save... do you still see the path in the title? Or does it actually pull down the correct metadata?

2. Without fetching metadata for the item, does the item have correct metadata, except for the titles. (ie, it has season, episode, etc)

There was an issue that someone reported where some tv items would not fetch updated metadata from the web ui scanner. I did find and fix this issue, and I'm not sure, but it may the cause of this issue as well.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Any update on this?