SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

MyMovies support continuing

I had a long discussion with the MyMovies guys this morning. They have apologized and gave me all the information I have been wanting/needing for the last couple of months. I was also given more contacts then the one I had which will hopefully lead to quicker responses in future needs arise. I know I vented on here my frustration more than once so I figured I needed to update.

They have reassured their support for my project and I have thanked them again. To that end as long as they do support me support will continue on my project. Going forward there will still be other providers coming and added. (not keeping all my eggs in one basket). I know people are very appreciative of my efforts to bring MyMovies to sagetv (they have over 100k registered users so obviously more than me like it). I also appreciate that some don't but do like my interface that is where the more providers will come in.

So to that end I offer what little I can in saying if you bought mymovies or plan on buying it I will continue to support it for as long as I am supporting the SMM in general and they are supporting me. I know I got allot of worried emails about people losing MyMovies function.

I also think many people who do not like mymovies will like the upcoming provider options (If I don't go bat crap crazy before then)I have and although there is no way to please everyone it should cover all basis.

cheers,

pluckyhd
Old 09-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

great news..having options is a good thing but a lot of us have time invested in my movies and will be glad to see you continue to support it and them you. Keep up the good work, we're all very grateful.
Extenders: HD300 x2
Tuners: HD Homerun Prime, HD Homerun, HD-PVR, Comcast Cable Box DCH-6200
Old 09-29-2010, 07:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericft View Post
great news..having options is a good thing but a lot of us have time invested in my movies and will be glad to see you continue to support it and them you. Keep up the good work, we're all very grateful.
Believe me I am heavily invested into mymovies just because I have used them for so long mostly. I used them since they were first around many days ago
Old 09-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

Interesting turn of events. Did they come to you or did you somehow break through to them? Kind of soap opera ish...:-)
Old 09-29-2010, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Interesting turn of events. Did they come to you or did you somehow break through to them? Kind of soap opera ish...:-)
They came to me actually....AS the world turns.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

It's good that hopefully you'll be getting the support you deserve from them.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Plucky,

That's great news. Thank you for all your efforts, and please keep up the great work!

Cheers,

teq
Old 09-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

That's good to hear. The only reason I purchased/paid for MyMovies points was because of your plugin integration with SageTV. I'm sure there are more out there who have done the same than just myself. I think it is in their best interest to keep in contact with you
Old 09-29-2010, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm glad they finally came around, but (not being a MM user) I'm also very glad that this pushed you to build in alternatives. As you said, having a single source for the data--as we've regrettably seen--doesn't always work out so well.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I'm glad they finally came around, but (not being a MM user) I'm also very glad that this pushed you to build in alternatives. As you said, having a single source for the data--as we've regrettably seen--doesn't always work out so well.
Works out well for those that use it

That has always been the end game plan though. I have started moving allot of code and redoing allot I am still a ways of from supporting bmt and the core, but have gotten most of the ground work laid for another provider.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Works out well for those that use it
True, true. But, the dependency on MM was the reason I stayed away from it. However, your current plans are also pushing me to move to v7. That, and there are quite a few plugins I'm interested in now. This is the way I fully expected to upgrade.

Quote:
That has always been the end game plan though. I have started moving allot of code and redoing allot I am still a ways of from supporting bmt and the core, but have gotten most of the ground work laid for another provider.
Glad to hear that. I'm sure there are a lot of BMT users (myself included) who would like to be able to use your plugins.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7