SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Sage Icon

turn off "watched" indicator

Is there a way to turn off the indicator icon "W" for watched shows/movies?

I can't seem to find the setting.... thanks in advance.

Running SageTV 6.6.2.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

There's a Watched checkbox in the Advanced dialog options for recordings and imported videos.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

I must be brain-dead.... I dont see what you are referring to...

Can you provide more specific navigation

To be clear - I'm trying to prevent SageTV from using the "Watched" icon at all. Not reset a watched icon.

Last edited by sflamm; 10-22-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

Can't you just delete the icon itself...
Old 10-22-2010, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

When you select a recording or video, if you get a narrow dialog with an Advanced Options button near the bottom, select that button to get the wide dialog with the Watched checkbox in the right column. But as you say, this just sets or clears the Watched status for that item.

There is no way to stop Sage from tracking the Watched status of items. There could easily be a UI mod to prevent the icon from showing on screen, but that (obviously) would not change the internal behavior that sets and senses Watched status (e.g. to prevent Watched programs from being recorded again).

If what you want is to change the behavior, i.e. treat all airings as unwatched, then you'd need a plugin to systematically clear the Watched status from programs after you watch them.

If you just don't like the look of the icon, you could make a custom theme that replaces it with some other icon (but it would still take up space on screen).
Old 10-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I am not looking to change the internal behavior of tracking shows that have been watched for recording purposes...

Only looking to turn off the display of "watched" shows... turn off the icon display.

Other indicators, i.e. "offline" can be turned off. I'm wondering if there is not an equivalent.