SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.39

- Fix: Could not search the Albums/Photos/Songs/Videos when offline.
- Use higher resolution images for lists and detailed view of the Retina display.
- Renamed the Setup to About and moved it to the Information section.

By now, the only images left to replace for the Retina display on the iPhone 4 are the Remote control buttons. In principle, someone is working on it... Alternatively, I could use more of the Matte Blue and White Square Icons to redesign the remote. I wanted to stay close to the actual remote of the HD extenders, but if enough people hate it...

Before making it possible to switch client/server from any screen, it made sense to have a Setup page available all the time. But by now, this is just an About page (with still the option of wiping the database), so I modified/moved it.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 05-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I just bought this app for my iPhone 4. Very interesting. I'm not sure if I would ever use remote-control capability (I have a better universal remote anyway), but the search and stream function is very nice. I also love being able to view all my photos from my server!

Are you ever going to implement music streaming? I keep hitting "play" which of course does nothing since it wants to play it on a client at my house.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
Are you ever going to implement music streaming?
Well, the streaming is provided through jreichen's iOS streaming plugin, so you'd have to ask him...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 05-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Sage User

3G use of TiSageTV

...at the risk of being flammed for not using search button - I cannot be the first dude with this issue, but I didn't find any posts. So here it goes:

I run Sage 7 and a HD300 on a HP Smartserver EX495 and totally love it. WAF is huge! To the extend that she would like TiSageTV installed on her IPad and, as a devoted husband, I oblige her desire of more toys

What I have got working,

- I can connect TiSageTV via wifi when connected on our home LAN. Everything works. TCPServer inistalled via the Sage GUI is using default port 9250 and I entered that port in TiSageTV setup on the IPad.

- I can remotely connect to my Smartserver from the outside world via IP address / URL. Port 80, 443, 3389 and 4150 has been forwarded in my router

What I CANNOT get to work,

- I would like to use TiSageTV via 3G and wifi (when outside LAN). I don't seem to be able to get the IP address / figure out which is the proper port to use...

Checked the TiSageTV Wiki and it is a bit brief in its description in setting up...for a simple man as me, anyway.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Sage Icon

Typically, the first thing is that you need to login to your router and forward the appropriate ports (8080, 9250, 926*) to the PC which is running the SageTV server.

Once in your router's configuration, look for some dyns server (or there are many free dyns options). The idea is that your ISP will typically give you a new external IP, so you want a static one that will adjust automatically. This way you would use my-ip.dyns.com or such for 3G access...
Old 05-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the quick respons. I have the following ports forwarded to the server running SageTV: 80, 443, 554, 3389, 4125, 8080, 9250 and 9260. As part of the HP mediasmart server deal I have been provided with an static external IP for remote access of the server so I believe that is not the issue.

Allow me to ask a few fundamental questions about the settings in TiSageTV/ Remote Server Section

- IP address - I assume that would be the external static IP I have been provided with...

- Port. Here I am in doubt which to specify. In the local server section of setup I am using 9250 but as a remote server should I use 8080 which is the port of the Jetty Web Server?

- Password. Would that be the server user account pswd or that of the Jetty server or?
Old 05-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beda View Post
- IP address - I assume that would be the external static IP I have been provided with...
Yes, if you can access the web server through it, then it should work.

Quote:
- Port. Here I am in doubt which to specify. In the local server section of setup I am using 9250
You should be using the same port, unless for some reason you decide to forward the external port 9999 to the local port 9250 or such, which you wouldn't normally do.

Quote:
- Password. Would that be the server user account pswd or that of the Jetty server or?
Neither, that's the SageTCPServer password, it will be the same one as for the local access, which you probably aren't using...
Old 05-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Sage User

Yes! The Pswd - or lack thereof - made the difference. I now got it to work over 3G as well

Thanks for the help.

(Now I'll test if TiSageTV will support Wake-over-LAN/WAN...would be nice if I could turn off the server when it is not in use.)
Old 06-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

So here are some previews of the possible updated Keyboard tab... The question is, should I modify the rest of the Remote control to that look like that? I figure I can cram the other buttons in 2 or 3 tabs...

The good thing is that I do have easy access to the Retina display version... The bad thing is that it doesn't really look like the actual Remote control from the HD extender and I did like the non-retina version (I admit that the retina version sucks, I thought Apple was doing a better job at upscaling).

Last edited by Fonceur; 06-04-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Sage User

I'm happy with them the way they are. I can't say that I like your new layout. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I know that you will not satisfy everyone!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steambuilder View Post
I'm happy with them the way they are. I can't say that I like your new layout.
So it wasn't just me... I did find a web site where I was able to create buttons, so I was able to replace almost everything. This is most likely how the Keyboard tab will look:

Old 06-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Sage User

I still think the current layout is better! All the buttons are of the same style.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.40

- Updated the graphics for the Keyboard and Remote control.
- Rearranged the buttons on the Keyboard and Remote control.
- Merged the Keyboard and Remote tabs on the iPhone/iPod.

So the iPad users will notice some change with the Remote control graphics, some for the better, others not so much... But the main change is for the iPod/iPhone users, where I got rid of the Keyboard tab and merged it with the Remote control. Thanks to the Cool Text web site, I was able to make new buttons, and thus get the proper Retina display support for iPhone 4 users...

EDIT: I have updated the iPod/iPhone graphics on the wiki and first post...

Last edited by Fonceur; 06-10-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Sage User

Just updated to 1.40 on my iPad 2 and the app crashes when I tap on any of the menu items. Not sure if I should update my iPod Touch 4g or not! Any thoughts

Portrait or landscape doesn't matter

Last edited by steambuilder; 06-10-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steambuilder View Post
Just updated to 1.40 on my iPad 2 and the app crashes when I tap on any of the menu items.
Hmm, I didn't really change anything that could affect that... Though I haven't really done much testing on the iPad emulator as nothing was aimed at it, let me do some testing... Is it doing it in portrait and landscape?

Quote:
Not sure if I should update my iPod Touch 4g or not! Any thoughts
My iPod touch 2nd generation is working fine, so it should work on yours...

EDIT: OK, i confirm that something is very wrong on the iPad, so don't update those...

Last edited by Fonceur; 06-10-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

So an update has been submitted to fix the crash on the iPad.

It is safe to update the iPod/iPhone versions.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Sage Icon

Version 1.41

- Tweaked the Remote control.
- Fix: The custom buttons were not visible on the iPad.
- Fix: The iPad version was crashing due to an over-released text field.
- [iPad] Moved the Power button and Search text field around.
- Fix: The Client status was not updating on the iPad.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Sage User

New to TISageTV

Your 1.41 update helped greatly on my iPad
I have the following problems
On my local WIFI i cannot stream Live TV, nothing happens when I select it
When I am at work, I cannot stream video over WAN, I get the connection and control but I get a time spinning wheel waiting for the video to load.
Would be cool if i could use the app to schedule recordings.
Regards
Old 06-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernbert View Post
On my local WIFI i cannot stream Live TV, nothing happens when I select it
Can you see thumbnails/images for the lists? If not, you have an issue with your jetty web server settings... Maybe the default port 8080 is blocked or you changed the default user/password...

Quote:
Would be cool if i could use the app to schedule recordings.
You can... Go to Search --> Search program and do it, or TV --> Program guide, select a channel, Browse, and pick a show to record...
Old 06-18-2011, 06:26 AM
Sage User

New to TiSageTV

I do see thumbnails, how can I determine if 8080 is blocked?
Default password remains same, what is the default pass to jetty? I'll re-enter it.
What password do I use in the plugin?
Does the VLC adjust Bitrate over the Wan?

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod