SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
It seems like some of the lines in the sage.properties files are being deleted.
Actually, I need to update that part of the installation procedure, as with SageTCPServer 1.9.0 it's no longer required or exact.

Quote:
A suggestion - how about automatically trying to get the extender MAC IDs
SageTCPServer 1.9.0 does pick them up automatically.

Quote:
Can you have more than four clients?
Sure, I can add more. How many do you need?

Quote:
Placeshifter isn't listed as a Client Type, why is that? Does that mean that this will not work for PS clients?
Not sure if anyone used one before, but I would expect it to go into the software client category.

Quote:
For streaming I assume that you have to enter your Sage Web username and password - that isn't clear from the docs.
The same settings that you have in Jetty.

Quote:
Does that mean that you are running the SageTV.exe ui on the server - I mean the basic SageTV server, not the Sageclient that is a different product.
Both used to be the same and require an extra instance of the SageTCPServer.jar.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 01-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Attorney View Post
Fonceur, your wiki say your app will do streaming video and I think I saw that it uses ffmpeg right? How does it work with hdpvr recordings and especially 1080i recordings?
Actually, jreichen switched to the SageTV's encoder a few iterations ago, so you might want to check or ask in his support thread.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-01-2011, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Actually, I need to update that part of the installation procedure, as with SageTCPServer 1.9.0 it's no longer required or exact.
What is the current setup procedure? Do you still need SageTCPServer?

In terms of clients 7 should suffice but the issue with using Placeshifter is that each PC that you use has a different MAC since it goes off of the MAC of your network card. Therefore even though I only have a license for one PS client, I might need to set up many "clients".
Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What is the current setup procedure? Do you still need SageTCPServer?
You still need SageTCPServer, but you don't have to manually edit the sage.properties file, that is the difference in setup. The configuration is done through the SageTV 7 plugin interface. I updated the wiki, moving the SageTV 6 setup to the end.

Quote:
In terms of clients 7 should suffice
OK, it will be increased to 8 in version 1.01, though people will have to redo their settings...

Quote:
but the issue with using Placeshifter is that each PC that you use has a different MAC since it goes off of the MAC of your network card. Therefore even though I only have a license for one PS client, I might need to set up many "clients".
I see, I guess I will need some copies of your sagetv_*.txt log files to figure out how to handle that. Or I could probably install a PS on my development machine and test it out myself...

Last edited by Fonceur; 02-01-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I now have it working - at least I get the server info. But the remote is controlling my server playback rather than my extender client. This is probably because in the iPad setup screen for tiSageTV I have put in the server IP for the IP address under client. Are you supposed to put the Extender's IP address here?

One suggestion - the settings screen on the iPad is not set up well for right handed people as I find that I use my right hand to click on the Server or client button. This causes a pop-up to show up in the middle of the screen but that is generally obscured by my hand. Can this be moved to the right side of the screen rather than the left - a la droit, SVP.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

In settings under client, if it is an extender, put in the server IP and the port for the client you want to control (9260 is where my extender ports started).

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 02-01-2011, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

How do you know which client is what port? Do you still have to put this in the sage.props file?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
How do you know which client is what port? Do you still have to put this in the sage.props file?
In the SageTV plugin interface, you can go to SageTCPServer and select configure. It will show you the server/extender/client settings. That is the replacement for manually editing the sage.properties file.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

If you go to Plugins>Installed Server Plugins>SageTCPServer Configure Plugin, it will list the extenders and the port that they are associated with. But it just lists the MAC address of the extender, so you have to know which extender has which MAC address.

SageTCP will put mac address and port into the properties file for you.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 02-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This is probably because in the iPad setup screen for tiSageTV I have put in the server IP for the IP address under client. Are you supposed to put the Extender's IP address here?
It just means you haven't selected the proper port. The IP assignment is fine, and in 1.01 it's actually gone, as there are no longer any reason to ask for it, everything is controlled from the SageTV server.

Quote:
This causes a pop-up to show up in the middle of the screen but that is generally obscured by my hand. Can this be moved to the right side of the screen rather than the left
I'm actually reusing the iPod/iPhone screen, I guess the popup is hooking improperly on the iPad.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I bought it, I am trying it out but I am having issues.

It seems like some of the lines in the sage.properties files are being deleted. For example, I entered the sageTCPServer/clients=local.9250 and I also entered the lines for three extenders, each with the proper MAC. But when I restart Sage only one of the sageTCPServer/clients=local.9250 is there.
While it may not be needed now given what Fonceur said, I thought I would answer the question.

To get any changes made to the .properties file, you must stop the SageTV and/or SageTV service before making any changes. If it is left running, changes are not saved. That sounds exactly like what is going on in your situation.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 02-01-2011, 10:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
I'm actually reusing the iPod/iPhone screen, I guess the popup is hooking improperly on the iPad.
I think it is hooking in fine it is just that it pops up in the middle of the screen, right under your hand.

A few other comments. It looks like the transport control remote keys like Play, Pause, SkipFwd, etc do not bring up the OSD. Is that on purpose? The Skip Fwd2 and Skip Bk2 button don't seem to do anything.

When I try to play a show on the iPad by clicking on the show in Recordings and then pressing Play in the popup it causes the TiSageTV to crash.

But this is very promising - keep up the good work.

It would also be nice if you could eventually work towards something like what BInnerup has done for MyMovies for the iPad for MCE. If you could browse your movies in a Coverflow type of screen and then just click on the movie to start playing it.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think it is hooking in fine it is just that it pops up in the middle of the screen, right under your hand.
Right, but if it were to pop at the location of the button, you would already have your finger over it.

Quote:
A few other comments. It looks like the transport control remote keys like Play, Pause, SkipFwd, etc do not bring up the OSD. Is that on purpose?
I think they are linked directly to the mediaplayer or such, which might be why it's bypassing the OSD.

Quote:
The Skip Fwd2 and Skip Bk2 button don't seem to do anything.
Hmm, maybe I forgot to link them to an action or something.

Quote:
When I try to play a show on the iPad by clicking on the show in Recordings and then pressing Play in the popup it causes the TiSageTV to crash.
Right, that's fixed in 1.01. I made a last minute change, fixed the resulting issues for iPod/iPhone but missed it for the iPad. You will actually find a lot of the actions to also crash. Apple is supposed to approve updates faster than new app, so hopefully it will be up by the end of the week.

Quote:
It would also be nice if you could eventually work towards something like what BInnerup has done for MyMovies for the iPad for MCE. If you could browse your movies in a Coverflow type of screen and then just click on the movie to start playing it.
I haven't looked at the coverflow yet, so I have no idea how to do it programmatically.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

You could also think of the coverflow as just another way to browse your media library. Being able to browse your Video Library by looking at large thumbnails and then click on the cover to play - not unlike something like Sage MyMoves or the Video Flow or Video Wall available in stuff like the Diamond UI.

Why do you have to select the lineup in the guide? Can't they all be merged into one lineup like on Sage itself?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You could also think of the coverflow as just another way to browse your media library.
Right, but one issue is how to create a coverflow... The other is that the reason why it's flowing so well, when you browse the built-in library, is because the images are already on the device from syncing with iTunes, which wouldn't be the case here. Until all those images gets cached on the device, you would be seeing placeholder all over the place. Just consider how long it takes for the small thumbnails to appear in a list, now increase that time by 10 for the bigger images of a coverflow...

Quote:
Why do you have to select the lineup in the guide? Can't they all be merged into one lineup like on Sage itself?
Maybe I forgot to put a combined one, like I did for the Android version. I figured that people might want to check what is available on an HD lineup or such.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This causes a pop-up to show up in the middle of the screen but that is generally obscured by my hand.
I have tried to move it, but the popup seems to really be hardcoded to the middle of the screen, so none of my attempts have worked. In portrait mode it is actually hooked to the popover, but in landscape mode it just doesn't want to hook to the left menu.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Is it possible to move the panel where you select the server and client to the right side of the screen rather than the left? This way if you use your right hand to select the option your hand won't be obscuring the screen.

Of course this is discrimination against left-handers!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is it possible to move the panel where you select the server and client to the right side of the screen rather than the left?
Let me look into that, I might be able to make it configurable for the portrait mode, but I have doubts for the landscape mode (which is where the issue is)...

Last edited by Fonceur; 02-02-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.01

- First bug fix through the app store.
- Increased the number of possible clients to 8.
- Removed the IP address from the clients' settings.
- Forced a reset of the settings.

The bug fix affects things like scheduling a recording from the TV guide, or on the iPad try to play/stream/etc.

The reset of settings is due to the removal of some properties and addition of others. Hopefully I won't have to do that again...

EDIT: The wiki has been updated to match the modified settings.

Last edited by Fonceur; 02-02-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage User

Still having an issue

I was having some issues but waited till the update to see if they went away. All have except for one. When I tap on Recordings > Favorites...the app crashes. I have reset my device (ipod touch 4g) but still does not help. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod