SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwackd View Post
I'm having the same problem too

I currenlty have about 100 recordings that show in the default "All Recordings" screen and when looking in the BMT web interface it looks like all the metadata is present for the recordings.
Could be several things - more than likely a bug in my code that is causing it to crash when it tries to get the list of programs. Send me a PM and we can arrange a way for me to get a look at your tvb.log file (in your SageTV/logs) directory and your sage log.

Thanks.
Extenders: HD300 connected to a Samsung 56" DLP HDTV; HD300 connected to a Sharp 42" LCD
Storage: OmniOS w/6 1TB Samsung Spinpoint in a RaidZ2 configuration in a 20 bay SATA hotswap case.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Good job on this! Just wanted to let you know it looks great and I'm also a fan of the minimalist design. Looking forward to your work in the future.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

0.6 Beta Released

Just released 0.6 Beta.

New Features:
* Added play support for series. Plays next available if possible - otherwise navigates to episode screen.
* Added additional exception handling and logging to assist in debugging blank TVB initial screens.
* Fixed bug where recorded movies were included in TVB.
* Added delete support to recordings and imported TV.
* Added episode progress bar.
* Changed text to red if a series/episode has an active recording.
* Added ability to detect when a recording has started/stopped and removed.
* Added additional season information if no series information exists.
* Removed Poster area if series has no associated posters.
Extenders: HD300 connected to a Samsung 56" DLP HDTV; HD300 connected to a Sharp 42" LCD
Storage: OmniOS w/6 1TB Samsung Spinpoint in a RaidZ2 configuration in a 20 bay SATA hotswap case.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Looks good. I like the new play support. Might be nice to see the Next Episode info on the far right with the Season count info (so you know what is going to play).

2 issues I found.

A small one visually... the text on the watched videos is centered vertically (in italics) but the text on the unwatched items is top aligned rather than vertically centered. Perhaps you did this to make room for the watched/progress bar... its not a biggy... just throws the view off a bit.

The delete does not seem to be working consistently. I didn't actually try selecting Yes from the menu but the menu usually just shows the Series name rather than the episode... in "The Event" it would ask if I wanted to delete "The Event"... as if it would delete the who series? Also, after selecting No then going out and into another series it would sometimes display the previous Series in the Delete dialog.

Excellent work though... still using it daily.

k
Old 11-15-2010, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

I'd love to get a peek at your API source code, is it up on googlecode or sourceforge?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Looks good. I like the new play support. Might be nice to see the Next Episode info on the far right with the Season count info (so you know what is going to play).

2 issues I found.

A small one visually... the text on the watched videos is centered vertically (in italics) but the text on the unwatched items is top aligned rather than vertically centered. Perhaps you did this to make room for the watched/progress bar... its not a biggy... just throws the view off a bit.
Thanks. Didn't catch that. Fixed for the next release.

Quote:
The delete does not seem to be working consistently. I didn't actually try selecting Yes from the menu but the menu usually just shows the Series name rather than the episode... in "The Event" it would ask if I wanted to delete "The Event"... as if it would delete the who series? Also, after selecting No then going out and into another series it would sometimes display the previous Series in the Delete dialog.

Excellent work though... still using it daily.
k
Was this on imported or recorded TV?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I'd love to get a peek at your API source code, is it up on googlecode or sourceforge?
Not yet - but I will move it there eventually. Send me a PM if there is a specific sections you are interested in.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Just like looking at source code

Mostly curious how you implemented the "Next Episode" logic.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Just like looking at source code

Mostly curious how you implemented the "Next Episode" logic.
Essentially I compare season/episode numbers, then original airdate, then broadcast times.

Code:
@Override
	public int compareTo(final SimpleEpisode otherEpisode) {

int compareResult;

final boolean hasZero = Ints.contains(new int[] { getSeasonNumber(), getEpisodeNumber(),
				otherEpisode.getSeasonNumber(), otherEpisode.getEpisodeNumber() }, 0);

if ( hasZero == false ) {
			final int seasonCompare = Ints.compare(getSeasonNumber(),
					otherEpisode.getSeasonNumber());

if ( seasonCompare == 0 ) {
				compareResult = Ints.compare(getEpisodeNumber(), otherEpisode.getEpisodeNumber());
			}
			else {
				compareResult = seasonCompare;
			}
		}
		else {
			final DateTime originalAirDate = new DateTime(Math.max(airing.GetShow()
					.GetOriginalAiringDate(), metaData.getOriginalAirDate().getTime()));

final DateTime otherOriginalAirDate = new DateTime(Math.max(otherEpisode.airing.GetShow()
					.GetOriginalAiringDate(),
					otherEpisode.metaData.getOriginalAirDate().getTime()));

compareResult = originalAirDate.compareTo(otherOriginalAirDate);

if ( compareResult == 0 ) {
				/** Lastly Compare Broadcast Dates */
				final DateTime airDate = new DateTime(airing.GetAiringStartTime());
				final DateTime otherAirDate = new DateTime(otherEpisode.airing.GetAiringStartTime());

compareResult = airDate.compareTo(otherAirDate);
			}
		}

return compareResult;

}
Old 11-15-2010, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
Was this on imported or recorded TV?
It was on imported TV.

If you need any screen grabs let me know.

k
Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Enhancement request - watched indicator on Series

I would like to see the Watched indicator that you use on the episode items also used on the Series items when the count of videos is equal to the count of watched. You could also set the font to the "watched" font (italic).

I know you use the watched/progress bar to indicate this but I am more a True/False kind of guy where something is either watched or not so I disable watched bars wherever possible. For this plugin I changed the color entries in the properties file so the watched bar blends in and disapears...

multimenu_blue_bar_alpha=0
multimenu_blue_bar_color=0xFFFFFF

Anyway... it would make fully watched series more visible (IMHO)

k
Old 11-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I would like to see the Watched indicator that you use on the episode items also used on the Series items when the count of videos is equal to the count of watched. You could also set the font to the "watched" font (italic).

I know you use the watched/progress bar to indicate this but I am more a True/False kind of guy where something is either watched or not so I disable watched bars wherever possible. For this plugin I changed the color entries in the properties file so the watched bar blends in and disapears...

multimenu_blue_bar_alpha=0
multimenu_blue_bar_color=0xFFFFFF

Anyway... it would make fully watched series more visible (IMHO)

k

This is done and will be released in the next version. Series and Episodes now work the same way. Progress bars to indicate how much has been watched, if 100% then no progress bar and a watched icon is used instead.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

0.6.1 Released

* Fixed reported delete problem where item to delete did not change on multiple invocations.
* Modified watched behavior of series to follow that of episodes: No progress bar if 100%, Watched icon added, font style change.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
* Fixed reported delete problem where item to delete did not change on multiple invocations.
* Modified watched behavior of series to follow that of episodes: No progress bar if 100%, Watched icon added, font style change.
Something is wrong with the update as only the API is showing as Updated. The UI plugin is still showing as version 0.6

k
Old 11-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Something is wrong with the update as only the API is showing as Updated. The UI plugin is still showing as version 0.6

k
Resubmitted and approved.....
Old 11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Works now... thanks for the update.

Delete dialog is now consistent. I still think the dialog for imported tv should state the specific episode that will be deleted. As in the screen capture attached it states the "Series" name and I am sure that is not what you intend to delete.

The Watched icon, font spacing etc all seem to work well now.

k
Attached Images
File Type: png Delete1.PNG (311.3 KB, 166 views)
Old 11-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Works now... thanks for the update.

Delete dialog is now consistent. I still think the dialog for imported tv should state the specific episode that will be deleted. As in the screen capture attached it states the "Series" name and I am sure that is not what you intend to delete.

The Watched icon, font spacing etc all seem to work well now.

k
I agree it should give you the name of the episode. However, at this point I am still just referencing the standard sage delete option menu. I think you will find you get the same dialog if you press delete when viewing from the video library. I may in the future add my own delete menus - but I would rather see Sage "correct" this deficiency so it applies everywhere.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I agree it should give you the name of the episode. However, at this point I am still just referencing the standard sage delete option menu. I think you will find you get the same dialog if you press delete when viewing from the video library. I may in the future add my own delete menus - but I would rather see Sage "correct" this deficiency so it applies everywhere.
You are correct. I really don't use the delete function... ever.. so easy to not notice how it works.

k
Old 11-16-2010, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You can correct the deficiancy easily enough and make your own option menu Just link to the options menu theme and same action widget.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok i have phoenix fanart and core services installed, but no fanart is showing up. Do i need to do something (painfully simple i imagine) to enable it?
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders