SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
Good work on the plugin!!! One Question\Enhancement???

I have a long list of TV series to scroll through. I see I can use numbers on the remote to filter the list but I can't seem to figure out how to cancel or step back without getting out of TVBrowser. I would like to be able to cancel a search without having to leave the plugin screen.
As per above

Quote:
Stop=Backspace, Delete=Clear.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by newpath View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

For both Fanart Title and Show Title the values are "Battlestar Galactica".
Alright - that is confusing. I get the series name for the show title. I am going to have to add some logging for this problem.
Extenders: HD300 connected to a Samsung 56" DLP HDTV; HD300 connected to a Sharp 42" LCD
Storage: OmniOS w/6 1TB Samsung Spinpoint in a RaidZ2 configuration in a 20 bay SATA hotswap case.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
Other comments on the Plugin:
Personally I would rather have it filter on just the first letter in the name of the show (Excluding "The") but perhaps that is just getting used to it. I know that is how the search works today so it is consistent.
I can make that an option in the future.. However, I like to search across the title. But I can see others preferring different way of searching.

Quote:
Also: I miss the old SageMC method of a right arrow giving me a ABC list that I could scroll through for filtering. I would think that would actually work well here as well. Enter to get the shows or Right arrow to get the skip\filter by ABC. (Just an idea to chew on I know you probably already have a ton of improvements planned an not enough time to do them.)
Again Great Plugin!!!
Hmm - I never used that method.. So I am not really sure what you mean "filter by ABC". Do you just mean you could select a single letter and only shows of that letter would be displayed?
Extenders: HD300 connected to a Samsung 56" DLP HDTV; HD300 connected to a Sharp 42" LCD
Storage: OmniOS w/6 1TB Samsung Spinpoint in a RaidZ2 configuration in a 20 bay SATA hotswap case.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
Alright - that is confusing. I get the series name for the show title. I am going to have to add some logging for this problem.
OK - I have been able to get the proper display of series/episodes in TV Browser by deleting my Import Directories, all the *.properties files, all the fanart folders, restarting SageTV and starting over. I added back my Television import directory then went to BMT web and scanned the entire Television folder. After this, TV Browser seems to be working quite well. However, I discovered that if I re-scan my import directories from SageTV setup, TV Browser reverts back to the problem I originally described. The only fix I can find is to start all over again. I have set SageTV import directory scans to "Manual" so I won't have the problem re-emerge inadvertently.

So broconne, what do you think? Have I got something screwed up in my SageTV installation or is this a real problem with TV Browser?
Old 11-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by newpath View Post
OK - I have been able to get the proper display of series/episodes in TV Browser by deleting my Import Directories, all the *.properties files, all the fanart folders, restarting SageTV and starting over. I added back my Television import directory then went to BMT web and scanned the entire Television folder. After this, TV Browser seems to be working quite well. However, I discovered that if I re-scan my import directories from SageTV setup, TV Browser reverts back to the problem I originally described. The only fix I can find is to start all over again. I have set SageTV import directory scans to "Manual" so I won't have the problem re-emerge inadvertently.

So broconne, what do you think? Have I got something screwed up in my SageTV installation or is this a real problem with TV Browser?
Do you have phoenix/bmt configured to automatically fetch meta-data and fanart?

TVBrowser mostly works with the data made available to it by phoenix/bmt. TVB doesn't do anything to figure out what season or episode number a show is, and relies on phoenix/bmt to populate that. If it works after a rescan it is most likely a phoenix/BMT configuration issue and not a TVB problem.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Using the Options key to just toggle sort orders is awesome. This minimalism is REALLY useful for the WAF.

Is this sorting on Original Air Date? I have a bunch of ripped Star Trek episodes that aren't showing up at the end of the list. Don't really know how to troubleshoot that.

All the shows that BMT had accidentally populated with 1969-12-31 are showing up at the end, but the Star Treks from 1966 aren't showing before that.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 11-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
Using the Options key to just toggle sort orders is awesome. This minimalism is REALLY useful for the WAF.

Is this sorting on Original Air Date? I have a bunch of ripped Star Trek episodes that aren't showing up at the end of the list. Don't really know how to troubleshoot that.

All the shows that BMT had accidentally populated with 1969-12-31 are showing up at the end, but the Star Treks from 1966 aren't showing before that.
It is sorting based on file date. I wanted to catch when you imported new TV - because it is "recent" to your system.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
It is sorting based on file date. I wanted to catch when you imported new TV - because it is "recent" to your system.
Got ya. Any chance to add a new one for OAD?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 11-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
Got ya. Any chance to add a new one for OAD?
Sure - at some point I will have to add configuration options to this plugin. Been putting that off for a while - but once I do that, I can put that in as an option.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

ok, i am officially an idiot.

Make sure you dont have -setup - detialed setup - metadata/fanart set to disabled!!!

works great!
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 12-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Sage User

Here is a stupid question...

Where do I need to store my ripped TV episodes? I only have ripped TV shows and right now they only show up under "Videos." Television is completely empty.

And on a related note, does anyone know if there is a way to filter based on filename? Using dynamic menus in Sage 6 you could filter Movies to only show files in, for instance, \\server\videos\_movies while the "TV" link would only know files in \\server\videos\_television. You could do this using sagemc_menu.xml, but I know thats gone.

It used to work great in v6 with TV Explorer and SageMovieWall but it was time to upgrade.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
ok, i am officially an idiot.

Make sure you dont have -setup - detialed setup - metadata/fanart set to disabled!!!

works great!
So, I guess I have the same problem - no fanart showing up. Where are you talking about exactly? Sage's detailed setup? Which option, Advanced, Customize? I can't find any option about fanart in there.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

I still haven't gotten anything to show up in this plugin. I can't abandon TVE until I can get TVB working...
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Great plugin. Thanks! I'm curious though, how do I get it to remember the sort option I changed it to? When I change the sort to "Recent", it always reverts back to "A to Z" after existing the menu and going back in. Is there a properties setting I can change the default to if there's no settings option?

One suggestion to consider.. Since we have no control of where "TV Browser" menu item goes in SageTV, maybe you would consider moving it between "Recordings" and "Watch Live TV" under the "TV" parent menu. It seems to make more sense to be next to TV Recordings than at the bottom.

Thanks again,
MKANET

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-05-2010, 03:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

I installed TvBrowser Plugin but it doesn't show up under TV are anywhere else.
Serv:ECS H61H2-T1 ITX I7 3770S CPU@3.1GHZ 8G Ram WIN1064 HDPVR, HD Homerun|network encoder Unraid Server:B75MU3B I5-3550 CPU@3.30GHz 9TB 16G Ram|Network HDPVR encoder:Win10 VM 8G Ram with Processor passthrough. Directv Http tuning to Genie, exemultitunplugin to Genie client. Http scheduled task bat file to defeat screensaver on Genie. Usb uirt scheduled task bat file to defeat screensaver on Genie client. Clients Android TV, Samsung TAB A
Old 12-05-2010, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Try uninstalling it, let it restart sageTV, then reinstall it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
I installed TvBrowser Plugin but it doesn't show up under TV are anywhere else.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-05-2010, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

BTW: Where can I change the wallpaper for TV Browser? I'd like to use a different one other than the generic blue one provided.

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-06-2010, 07:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse34521 View Post
Here is a stupid question...

Where do I need to store my ripped TV episodes? I only have ripped TV shows and right now they only show up under "Videos." Television is completely empty.

And on a related note, does anyone know if there is a way to filter based on filename? Using dynamic menus in Sage 6 you could filter Movies to only show files in, for instance, \\server\videos\_movies while the "TV" link would only know files in \\server\videos\_television. You could do this using sagemc_menu.xml, but I know thats gone.

It used to work great in v6 with TV Explorer and SageMovieWall but it was time to upgrade.

Thanks
You should be able to store them anywhere as long as they are imported into Sage. However, it is required that BMT/phoenix be installed. Those are listed as dependencies for this plugin and will be installed when you install TVB. However, I don't think by default
phoenix/BMT goes back and rescans all your imported media. You will probably have to manually rescan your imported videos. See the BMT sub forums for details.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato View Post
So, I guess I have the same problem - no fanart showing up. Where are you talking about exactly? Sage's detailed setup? Which option, Advanced, Customize? I can't find any option about fanart in there.
I think he is referring to the phoenix/BMT configuration settings. Should be under installed plugins -> phoenix core -> plugin configuration.

IIRC
Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I still haven't gotten anything to show up in this plugin. I can't abandon TVE until I can get TVB working...
TVB only works when meta-data is set by phoenix or some other program. Do you have the BMT web frontend installed? If not, I would install it and make sure the programs are classified as TV and have meta-data.