SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
BTW: Where can I change the wallpaper for TV Browser? I'd like to use a different one other than the generic blue one provided.

Thanks,
Michael
I don't set the wallpaper. All the background graphics are inherited from whatever theme you have installed.
Extenders: HD300 connected to a Samsung 56" DLP HDTV; HD300 connected to a Sharp 42" LCD
Storage: OmniOS w/6 1TB Samsung Spinpoint in a RaidZ2 configuration in a 20 bay SATA hotswap case.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse34521 View Post
How does one get it to show up in the main menu? I used the Plugins feature to download and install it, but its not listed on the main page. I then imported the stvi and still nothing.

Thanks
I believe it shows up under videos.

You definitely don't want to import the stvi manually or it will be double imported at that time and cause other issues.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
TVB only works when meta-data is set by phoenix or some other program. Do you have the BMT web frontend installed? If not, I would install it and make sure the programs are classified as TV and have meta-data.
Yes, phoenix meta data is in place and works in everything else but TVB. I'll send you an email (you gave me you address earlier) with a log.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think he is referring to the phoenix/BMT configuration settings. Should be under installed plugins -> phoenix core -> plugin configuration.

IIRC
Well, that's still not it then. I have fanart, it's just not displaying. This is on my htpc where sage service is running.

I tried placeshifter on my laptop and the fanart shows up.

What else can I check for on my main htpc?

Thanks
Old 12-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

I LOVE this plugin broconne!

If possibe, I have one feature request. When on the detail screen, it displays the banner when available, however, not all banners are the same size. It appears that you have the graphic centering, so when they are too short, they appear to be offset in relation to the text underneath. Is it possible to maybe set this to left-align? I think it would just polish the view in these cases.

Thanks again.

Grant
Old 12-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
I LOVE this plugin broconne!

If possibe, I have one feature request. When on the detail screen, it displays the banner when available, however, not all banners are the same size. It appears that you have the graphic centering, so when they are too short, they appear to be offset in relation to the text underneath. Is it possible to maybe set this to left-align? I think it would just polish the view in these cases.

Thanks again.

Grant
That is a pretty good idea.. I do have some bad news about the plugin however. I recently (yesterday) suffered a hard drive crash. I should be able to recover the STVI code - but the Java code that drives TVB is lost for good. At some point, I will have to recode it - just not sure how soon that will be.
Extenders: HD300 connected to a Samsung 56" DLP HDTV; HD300 connected to a Sharp 42" LCD
Storage: OmniOS w/6 1TB Samsung Spinpoint in a RaidZ2 configuration in a 20 bay SATA hotswap case.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I recently (yesterday) suffered a hard drive crash. I should be able to recover the STVI code - but the Java code that drives TVB is lost for good. At some point, I will have to recode it - just not sure how soon that will be.
That really sucks! Sorry to hear.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry to hear about that. I too have lost code due to failures and it sucks. The only upside was that when I rewote the code, it ended up way more streamlined.

Instant version 2.0

Grant
Old 07-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Sage User

I am having some trouble with TVbrowser. Is there still support? The plugin is loaded, but there is no content listed when I select it from the TV menu.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

If you read a couple of posts up, broccone lost his source code. And I don't think he has attempted to rewrite it. I think the plugin is dead at the moment.

Grant
Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3rt View Post
I am having some trouble with TVbrowser. Is there still support? The plugin is loaded, but there is no content listed when I select it from the TV menu.
I never got it to work. Been using TVE since it came out for v6 and love it. I would have liked to give this one a try though.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Sage User

I did read that he'd lost the source code. What i thought that meant was no updates were forthcoming.
So in theory, everyone's TVbrowser plugin should be coming up with zero content?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

It's funny. When I first installed this plugin, it worked properly. Shows grouped on left, and individual episodes on the right. Very simple. For some reason, I ended up reinstalling my client software, and after that I never was able to get it populate again. I tried fresh install of Client, fresh install of plugin.. nada.

So I ended up uninstalling it, and never tried again.

Grant
Old 07-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Sage User

I loaded TVE this morning. At first glance it looks like it'll get the wifes approval. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3rt View Post
I loaded TVE this morning. At first glance it looks like it'll get the wifes approval. Thanks for the suggestion.
No problem.