SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

Awww... Only works on server? That stinks. I hope Jeff adds that capability to the client someday. I do 100% of my viewing from the client, and it would be nice to have an easy way to switch STV files there too.

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
EXPERIMENTAL: Added Advanced Setup\Multimedia\SageTV (.STV File) setting from Narflex that will let the user change STV's on the fly. Will only show up on Server though and not a Client.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

Question: I have ripped some DVDs to a directory structure like you showed. C:\Movies\Animation\Toy Story\VIDEO_TS. The directory VIDEO_TS contains all the vob files from the DVD. Is there a way to get this identified, then use the folder.jpg that is in the same directory for display?

It seems only some key file extensions are recognized. For example, if I create a file called movie.avi everything shows up, but without that nothing shows.

thanks,
Old 05-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Mlbdude,
Great skin mod!!
I have a couple of suggestions. I like hitting up and down to get the miniguide. Can you make the normal guide pop up with guide button again? Also I can't turn off the miniguide with hitting left.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:04 AM
SageTVaholic

I got a bug
I do not know if it was with SageTV or with your skin
but I started watching futurama about half way through it recording

when it reached 10 minutes through the show, it jumped foward probably about ten minutes in the show

I watched to the end and the show ended on the correct 30 minute mark

I went back to the place where it jumped foward 10 minutes and it would do it everytime

I then noticed the file position clock and it was fast

it was doing almost 2 seconds for every one

I went to check the file on the harddrive

and there were two files for the show of futurama with this title

the first was the first ten minutes of the show
and the second was the last ten minutes of the show

there was no file for the middle of the show, lost ten minutes

I hope it has not done this for all my shows today
I have not checked yet

it could just be a bug with me starting a video while it is being recorded

anyways why is sage breaking shows into more than one file
Old 05-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

PERFECT!

Now my video library is completely functional!!!!

How do I buy you a beer or something???

Now, have a more stylistic issues. I personally don't like the menu namings of "imported" on my video library and picture library. I think that is unnecessary and confusing. I want to remove it. And for the main menu, the concept of a Media Library should contain the Music Jukebox as well. Music is a media. I would like to see the "Music Jukebox" moved under the Media Library, and the Media Library to look more like this:

DVD
SageTV Recordings (from main menu)
Archived TV Shows
Video Library
Music Library (Music Jukebox from main)
Picture Library
Game Library (MAME new stuff)
Refresh Libraries

In the Music Library, In the List by Album view (which I would perfer sorted by Artist somehow), I would like to be able to left click or Options on the album icon and allow me to play the album and just the album.

Last. I would really like to hide Setup from the main menu (properties switch?) so that my wife and kids don't stumble into it and cause me and themselves endless grief...

So the Main Menu Would be more like:

LiveTV Guide
Schedule Recordings
Media Library
Sleep

Just my thoughts. (Althought toggling off setup is my highest level request) This would create a menu layout I think my wife and family would be able to easily understand and use.

Any other thoughts??

Last edited by edbmdave; 05-14-2004 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
I got a bug
I do not know if it was with SageTV or with your skin
but I started watching futurama about half way through it recording

anyways why is sage breaking shows into more than one file
That should not have anything to do with me.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Re: PERFECT!

Quote:
Originally posted by edbmdave
Now my video library is completely functional!!!!

How do I buy you a beer or something???

Now, have a more stylistic issues. I personally don't like the menu namings of "imported" on my video library and picture library. I think that is unnecessary and confusing. I want to remove it. And for the main menu, the concept of a Media Library should contain the Music Jukebox as well. Music is a media. I would like to see the "Music Jukebox" moved under the Media Library, and the Media Library to look more like this:

DVD
SageTV Recordings (from main menu)
Archived TV Shows
Video Library
Music Library (Music Jukebox from main)
Picture Library
Game Library (MAME new stuff)
Refresh Libraries

In the Music Library, In the List by Album view (which I would perfer sorted by Artist somehow), I would like to be able to left click or Options on the album icon and allow me to play the album and just the album.

Last. I would really like to hide Setup from the main menu (properties switch?) so that my wife and kids don't stumble into it and cause me and themselves endless grief...

So the Main Menu Would be more like:

LiveTV Guide
Schedule Recordings
Media Library
Sleep

Just my thoughts. (Althought toggling off setup is my highest level request) This would create a menu layout I think my wife and family would be able to easily understand and use.

Any other thoughts??

And as I am spelling out my wishlist, also add to the main menu an item called "Local Information"

It would contain, a weather module, a local theater movie listing module and a lite web client that could be used to show a portal page, so I could show some thing like an events bulletin board or something that is like the house calendar.

And then finally for those of us with FM Radio abilities a FM Radio Module.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

I would like to order asian food and/or pizza from the "Local Information" menu. Just kidding...
Old 05-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Sage User

Hey Mlb great skin! I have one problem though. I may be totally dense but I cannot for the life of me figure out where and how to switch to the Station Browser view. This is something I've wanted for awhile. If anyone could cut through the fog for me it would be highly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:02 PM

It is under the Search menu.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lovingHDTV
Question: I have ripped some DVDs to a directory structure like you showed. C:\Movies\Animation\Toy Story\VIDEO_TS. The directory VIDEO_TS contains all the vob files from the DVD. Is there a way to get this identified, then use the folder.jpg that is in the same directory for display?

It seems only some key file extensions are recognized. For example, if I create a file called movie.avi everything shows up, but without that nothing shows.

thanks,
This only works with video library files. What happens if you add .vob to the library extensions in the properties file?

Maybe this will require another Menu.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Sage User

Ahhh, figures, the one place I didn't look. Many thanks Mlbdude!
Old 05-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

I tried to add vob but that did not work. I tried moving the files from the VIDEO_TS directory up one level to where the folder.jpg resides, but then the built in player could not find the files and I got an error.

Any other ideas?

thanks,
Old 05-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Administrator

I don't think I've seen this mentioned, but maybe I overlooked it: when you are on the Browse by XX screens, the 'back' arrow at the top next to "SageTV" simply toggles between 2 of the panes. The Back command via key comamnd or windows message works, however.

Edit: I suppose this may be one of those 2-pane issues you mentioned earlier?

Edit2: What kind of comments do you want here? Some things don't work the same as the original stv, such as time scroll not obeying its set value in the properties file. I don't know if you want general interface things, or anything that doesn't work as expected.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 05-14-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Sage User

Hi MlbDude, I hope you can help me out.

I've ripped my DVD's into folders such as "x:\Action\Air Force One\VIDEO_TS\...". The VIDEO_TS folder has .IFO, .VOB and the folder.jpg image.

With the original Sage Skin, the media library found all the movies. With the MlbDude skin, these movies are listed in the Imported Picture Files area. The skin correctly displays them in folder structure.

Why does the skin import DVD's into the picture library? Of course all I can do is view the jpg, not play the movies.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip folder.zip (50.1 KB, 284 views)
Old 05-15-2004, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boxster_T
Hi MlbDude, I hope you can help me out.

I've ripped my DVD's into folders such as "x:\Action\Air Force One\VIDEO_TS\...". The VIDEO_TS folder has .IFO, .VOB and the folder.jpg image.

With the original Sage Skin, the media library found all the movies. With the MlbDude skin, these movies are listed in the Imported Picture Files area. The skin correctly displays them in folder structure.

Why does the skin import DVD's into the picture library? Of course all I can do is view the jpg, not play the movies.

Tom
The Picture Library will import any .jpg you have in your library path - I can't change that.

This Video Library reads files a Little different than the standard one so it is possible (and from evidence from others users above) I don't think it will work with ripped DVD's. I may look into this at some point.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
I don't think I've seen this mentioned, but maybe I overlooked it: when you are on the Browse by XX screens, the 'back' arrow at the top next to "SageTV" simply toggles between 2 of the panes. The Back command via key comamnd or windows message works, however.

Edit: I suppose this may be one of those 2-pane issues you mentioned earlier?

This is something with the multi pane stuff. That mouse icon is actually issuing a Beft command and not a back command. I may be able to override it but not sure how yet as I don't want to change Frey's shared parts.

Quote:

Edit2: What kind of comments do you want here? Some things don't work the same as the original stv, such as time scroll not obeying its set value in the properties file. I don't know if you want general interface things, or anything that doesn't work as expected.

- Andy
That will be user discretion . There are little nuances that feel different in mine throughout. However, that is not one of them. Nice catch.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Try setting the hidden attribute on the folder.jpg file.

If it works, I'll explain why. If not, I didn't say anything...
Old 05-15-2004, 11:40 AM

The reason I added the property in the properties file that lets you define the folder image is for people who use the Picture Library. You can change it in the properties file to look for folder.img and name your folder images that as well and since .img is not imported into the Picture Library they won't go there.

I am just lazy I guess and don't use the Picture Library so I forgot about that. Sorry .
Old 05-16-2004, 12:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi MlbDude,

First, thanks for your great!!! skin for SageTV 2 - this was the reason I moved to SageTV from ShowShifter 3.

But, I think there is a missing Red Rectangle indication for manual recording, on the info. overlay when I press the RECORD botton on my remote. The original skin has that indication...
...not that I'm saying you should make the same indication rectangle...a flashing red RECORDING or a filled red circle...would be great!

Thanks,
Oren.