SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-16-2004, 03:13 AM

If you are speaking of the colored line that would appear around the description part of the Frey OSD then it is missing but intentionally. I have that .
Old 05-16-2004, 03:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Would/when it be back???

Last edited by oshapir; 05-16-2004 at 03:39 AM.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:49 PM

Configurable num columns

Is there any way you could make the number of columns in the thumbnail view for videos configurable? I've got over 200 videos and while I like the thumbnail view, 100 rows is too many to scroll through. My screen is big enough that 5 across would still be clear and then I'd only have 40 rows.

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:50 PM

Read the instructions on the website again. You can do that now.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude, i noticed that while using your stv, and using your 2 pane recording setup, that after you watch a recorded show.. (and sage goes back to the recorded shows menu) the recorded shows section is the OLD default single pane layout. i have to press the back key a few times, or press the menu button, and go to the recorded shows option from the main menu to get your 2 pane layout to show up.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xlr8shun
mlbdude, i noticed that while using your stv, and using your 2 pane recording setup, that after you watch a recorded show.. (and sage goes back to the recorded shows menu) the recorded shows section is the OLD default single pane layout. i have to press the back key a few times, or press the menu button, and go to the recorded shows option from the main menu to get your 2 pane layout to show up.
I no longer support the 2-pane view but I will make sure that the one Frey now puts out does not do that. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude

This Video Library reads files a Little different than the standard one so it is possible (and from evidence from others users above) I don't think it will work with ripped DVD's. I may look into this at some point.
I just wanted to beg for this......

So here goes: Please, please, please....
Old 05-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The reason I added the property in the properties file that lets you define the folder image is for people who use the Picture Library. You can change it in the properties file to look for folder.img and name your folder images that as well and since .img is not imported into the Picture Library they won't go there.

I am just lazy I guess and don't use the Picture Library so I forgot about that. Sorry .
What is the setting to change? Thanks for the skin MlbDude by the way

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 05-18-2004, 05:36 AM

library_image=folder.jpg

Change it to whatever you want. I have tested folder.img and it worked fine.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:33 PM

I have a new beta STV that I would like some testers for. It has one major change.

Favorite Time-Slots

If you have a favorite that is on more than once a day and Sage is unable to determine that they are unique this is for you!

Go to the web-page in the first post and you can download the STV from the bottom of the page.

Let me know how it goes.

NOTES: Sage will display the name of the favorite everywhere with an internal code that represents the Time-Slot. It is not pretty but does not hurt anything. It will look like 2^19. You will know it when you see it. I may decide to try and parse it out later but I would have to do that all over the place

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Sage User

mlbdude, your STV has made Sage 2 nearly perfect for me. I have two comments:

1 - I don't know if there's anything that can be done about this, but, the Enhanced OSD "guide" is active even while playing a DVD. This 'breaks' DVD Menu navigation, as the up/down buttons activate it, as opposed to maneuvering through the DVD's menu. Can it be made 'smart' enough to disable while in DVD mode?

2 - Not necessarily a request that you implement, but rather a question of someone who's had a chance to really play with Studio and see what it can do - do you see that Studio will have the ability to create something similar to "metadata files" for library functions? Meaning, if I have a large library of videos, I could set up some sort of DB that contains descriptions of the files, cover art, etc? Probably a project I'll tackle when I can get my hands on Studio - if I can make that happen for my video library, it would allow Sage to be my sole HTPC app.

Thanks for your hard work with your STV, and for your answers to the above.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have a new beta STV that I would like some testers for. It has one major change.

Favorite Time-Slots

If you have a favorite that is on more than once a day and Sage is unable to determine that they are unique this is for you!

Go to the web-page in the first post and you can download the STV from the bottom of the page.

Let me know how it goes.

NOTES: Sage will display the name of the favorite everywhere with an internal code that represents the Time-Slot. It is not pretty but does not hurt anything. It will look like 2^19. You will know it when you see it. I may decide to try and parse it out later but I would have to do that all over the place

Thanks!
Is this STV a server side only one, or will it work on the client (or just the client)?
Old 05-19-2004, 07:51 PM

This will work on either client or server. The only part that is tricky on the Client is that it needs the same driver mappings for Library files as the server does for the images to come through (if the server is looking for m:\movies\comedy\movie.jpg then the client needs to be able to find it from the same path).
Old 05-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

mlbdude: I tried your STV today and I get crazy ghosting on all menus and the background is gone. I'm using overlay instead of VMR9, but it should still work right?

thx

davey
Old 05-20-2004, 02:38 PM

Which version of STV? Video background? Overlay color keying on or off?

Anything is possible but this is the first I have heard that .
Old 05-20-2004, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cgrey
mlbdude, your STV has made Sage 2 nearly perfect for me. I have two comments:

1 - I don't know if there's anything that can be done about this, but, the Enhanced OSD "guide" is active even while playing a DVD. This 'breaks' DVD Menu navigation, as the up/down buttons activate it, as opposed to maneuvering through the DVD's menu. Can it be made 'smart' enough to disable while in DVD mode?

2 - Not necessarily a request that you implement, but rather a question of someone who's had a chance to really play with Studio and see what it can do - do you see that Studio will have the ability to create something similar to "metadata files" for library functions? Meaning, if I have a large library of videos, I could set up some sort of DB that contains descriptions of the files, cover art, etc? Probably a project I'll tackle when I can get my hands on Studio - if I can make that happen for my video library, it would allow Sage to be my sole HTPC app.

Thanks for your hard work with your STV, and for your answers to the above.
#1 This is fixed and will be available in my next update.

#2 Hard to think of something that cannot be done with Studio .
Old 05-20-2004, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by davey_fl
mlbdude: I tried your STV today and I get crazy ghosting on all menus and the background is gone. I'm using overlay instead of VMR9, but it should still work right?

thx

davey
Davey,

Switching between the Original and my STV I cannot duplicate any different behavior in my STV in Overlay. When you loaded my STV did you restart Sage (or not necessary if you manually edited the properties file)?
Old 05-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I manually edited the properties file and then started sage back up. Overlay on, Color keying disabled, no video background, 3d enabled... this is with V1.2

thx

davey
Old 05-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Sage User

Quote:
#1 This is fixed and will be available in my next update.

#2 Hard to think of something that cannot be done with Studio .
Nice, and NICE!

I can't wait to get my hands on Studio. I've got Sage working pretty nicely behind a front-end, but if I can get all my videos' info to display in my library like the front-end sofware I'm using does, Sage will be all I need!

Thanks again!
Old 05-20-2004, 08:54 PM
SageTVaholic

there is still problems with overlay and disabling color keying
use VMR 9 or enable color keying when using overlay(VMR 7 is a big mess since the menus are always colored)
it sucks that Sage will not fix this because this issue has been around since the video background was introduced
god will they ever fix this, so annoying