SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I would like to add a comment

I have trouble recording shows that are back to back sometimes
I would like an option to record every show even if it has the same info code or comes on the same day or whatever
record evershow would help as well
I remember the guy having issues with a miniseries as well over a couple of days

furthermore maybe an addition could be just record shows even when back to back
when the last Frasiers were on
Sage was not going to record the second one
until I made it but it would have sucked to miss it

these seem more like a malore addition until you added the time slot recordings
so maybe you can add this as well

oh and one other I like how you did TT launching when hitting play DVD

could you do the same for the music button and picture library as well

furthermore this seems more reasonable

Watch TV (jumps to liveTV no guide)
Guide (jumps to guide)
Library
DVD
Setup

Library would then have the following subcategories:
Shows (displays shows recorded with the tuners)
Movies (displays movies RECORDED with the tuners)
Archive
Music
Photos

for the menus except I hate the WatchTV button

I would do it

Sage Guide
Sage Library
Sage DVD
Setup

then the rest
on the main menu I like having Sage
or My or Something

Guide, DVD, Library, etc.... is too boring but the idea is great
but good idea, Brett

I can live without the sleepp tab as well as sage still does it when I hit the button

Last edited by kny3twalker; 05-21-2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:35 AM
SageTVaholic

just one thing about your time slot recording
why not only allow the time slots that the show airs
if you could do this then you could do half hour shows and shows that do not start at normal times
as well as if anything happened to the start time of that show it could still be adjusted by the guide
Old 05-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Switching from list to folder view in the Video Library Options causes Sage to freeze for me, is this happening with anyone else?
Old 05-23-2004, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by theMixxMaster
Switching from list to folder view in the Video Library Options causes Sage to freeze for me, is this happening with anyone else?
Try the latest beta I just uploaded. Have not seen this but I changed the function used to import images used by the Folder view so maybe it got fixed.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:08 PM

New Beta

New Features:
Video Library now supports ripped DVD's that are ripped to XXXXX_TS folders. [MovieName]\VIDEO_TS - put the folder.jpg in the [MovieName] folder.

A couple of new Mini-Guides that are available on the Main Menu. If you don't like them you can disable them. They can be configured with the Options menu on the Main Menu.

Upcoming Recordings - If there is no show currently recording this menu will display you upcoming recordings.

Currently Recording - This menu will be shown if something is currently recording. It will contain all currently recording shows.

Let me know if you find anything wrong!

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Mlbdude, Display Upcoming Recordings doesn't work. It will just hide the button for putting Sage to Sleep (which I like as well ). On another note the currently Recording option does work, although as always I would perfer it would just jump straight to the LiveTV of it. Oh well.

When we get to play with a new themed skin?

-Brett
Old 05-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Couple of Request for the Browse Modes.

On Browse by Category it would be nice if it would remove categories that have no shows listed in there. Why? Well I have like 8gbs of Music so all these random categories appear such as 'Blues' which likely will never match a tv listing category. So if it has no shows that match, it is possible to not show the category?

On Browse by Station to the right of the AirTime for the shows it shows a little icon of the station or callsign. This seems to be redudent as you are browsing by stations so why have it? Also for the list (on the left) of stations such as 73 MTV it would be cool if it would use the icon if possible.

Finally could you either remove that icon notifcation on the main screen or make a little option to remove it.

Otherwise very impressive work Mlbdude, they should have hired you awhile back.

-Brett

Last edited by Brett; 05-23-2004 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Couple of Request for the Browse Modes.

On Browse by Category it would be nice if it would remove categories that have no shows listed in there. Why? Well I have like 8gbs of Music so all these random categories appear such as 'Blues' which likely will never match a tv listing category. So if it has no shows that match, it is possible to not show the category?

On Browse by Station to the right of the AirTime for the shows it shows a little icon of the station or callsign. This seems to be redudent as you are browsing by stations so why have it? Also for the list (on the left) of stations such as 73 MTV it would be cool if it would use the icon if possible.

Finally could you either remove that icon notifcation on the main screen or make a little option to remove it.

Otherwise very impressive work Mlbdude, they should have hired you awhile back.

-Brett
I am getting ready to complete redo the Category browser. It will probably go down to a double pan display with Category then all the shows in that category coming up. The three panes is causing too many issues (including the one you mention).

The Station Browser I originally did had the logo's where you mention. In the release version I ended up sharing the same show listing code that Frey uses to keep all airing listings consistent. I may put it back to my own way.

Icon notification? Conflict icon? I was thinking of doing a configuration to hide that. Though the user will have to remember to go to the Recording Information menu once and awhile.

BTW, thanks for those catches with the min-browsers. The upcoming recordings one will only show up if there are not current recordings. That is fixed and I will upload a new beta tonight once I fix a couple of other issues I found.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
The Station Browser I originally did had the logo's where you mention. In the release version I ended up sharing the same show listing code that Frey uses to keep all airing listings consistent. I may put it back to my own way.
Yes, please change this back if you can . And in the future if you want some feedback on early builds feel free to PM me a message I will always be glad to take a look at your work.

Keep up the great work,
-Brett
Old 05-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

im using the silver hauppauge remote, with girder, and stranger's gml file, i have disabled the 'volume up' and 'volume down' commands (13 and 14) as well as the 'left' and 'right' commands (2 and 3). instead i use 'right/volume up' and 'left/volume down' commands (51 and 52) this way my volume doesnt change while im navigating throughout the interface.

however when i use 'right/volume up' and 'left/volume i notice a small problem trying to adjust the volume. start sage, start live tv, press channel up/down, this brings up the mini-guide. now try to change the volume, while the mini-guide is up. here, the volume will not change.

if you manually close the mini-guide (pressing my guide key, which is mapped to the 'guide' command (18), then volume still will not change, pressing my volume up and/or down keys does not bring up the osd.

to be able to change the volume, i have to either A) let the mini-guide close by itself, or B) close the mini-guide, then press the 'info' button (24) to actually raise/lower the volume.

seems the mini-guide being up, and being closed manually messes up commands 51 and 52. i have checked this in 1.2 and 1.3, both exibit the same behavior on my box
Old 05-23-2004, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

yeah the three pane window of browse by category crashed sage last night
I do not know why
but I was just looking through it and was getting close to the end and it crashed
I was using page down though because it kept starting at the beginning for some reason after I looked at a show
I do not mind if it starts at the beginning after I go back to the main menu/starting watching something but when I am still looking through it, it would be nice for it not to start over at the beginning every time
Old 05-23-2004, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xlr8shun
im using the silver hauppauge remote, with girder, and stranger's gml file, i have disabled the 'volume up' and 'volume down' commands (13 and 14) as well as the 'left' and 'right' commands (2 and 3). instead i use 'right/volume up' and 'left/volume down' commands (51 and 52) this way my volume doesnt change while im navigating throughout the interface.

however when i use 'right/volume up' and 'left/volume i notice a small problem trying to adjust the volume. start sage, start live tv, press channel up/down, this brings up the mini-guide. now try to change the volume, while the mini-guide is up. here, the volume will not change.

if you manually close the mini-guide (pressing my guide key, which is mapped to the 'guide' command (18), then volume still will not change, pressing my volume up and/or down keys does not bring up the osd.

to be able to change the volume, i have to either A) let the mini-guide close by itself, or B) close the mini-guide, then press the 'info' button (24) to actually raise/lower the volume.

seems the mini-guide being up, and being closed manually messes up commands 51 and 52. i have checked this in 1.2 and 1.3, both exibit the same behavior on my box
Nice find. There was some bad debug items in there . It is fixed and will be included in the next release.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by cgrey
mlbdude, your STV has made Sage 2 nearly perfect for me. I have two comments:

1 - I don't know if there's anything that can be done about this, but, the Enhanced OSD "guide" is active even while playing a DVD. This 'breaks' DVD Menu navigation, as the up/down buttons activate it, as opposed to maneuvering through the DVD's menu. Can it be made 'smart' enough to disable while in DVD mode?

Quote:
#1 This is fixed and will be available in my next update.
mlbdude - I just downloaded the 1.3 update, and the OSD "guide" still pops up when using the up/down arrows while playing a DVD. Just wanted to report it in case you weren't aware.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cgrey

mlbdude - I just downloaded the 1.3 update, and the OSD "guide" still pops up when using the up/down arrows while playing a DVD. Just wanted to report it in case you weren't aware.
[/QUOTE]

I "re-introduced" that bug recently. It is fixed though and will come in the next release.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Try the latest beta I just uploaded. Have not seen this but I changed the function used to import images used by the Folder view so maybe it got fixed.
Sure, no problem will do that....Um, where is it?
Old 05-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by theMixxMaster
Sure, no problem will do that....Um, where is it?
there is a link to his stv page, in the first post of this thread, download links are towards the bottom
Old 05-23-2004, 06:07 PM

Beta 1.3.2 is up. Just bug fixes. You guys that reported those bugs with 1.3.1 let me know if those items are working now.

Just an FYI, the mine-guide for Currently Recording gets priority and will kick off the Upcoming Recordings mini-guide if you have both enabled. There just is not space for both.

I would like to put 1.3 to bed and work on the Category and Station browsers.

Thanks!

Last edited by mlbdude; 05-23-2004 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Sage Icon

I just tried the new beta and it works with my ripped DVD! Yeah, looks really nice.

I did have a problem with browse by catagory. When I highlight the movie in the right hand window the details only appear if the movie is the first or last movie in the list. In my window there is room to show the name of three movies per catagory. I have to move the cursor down or up until the movie in question is either the first or last movie on the list, then I can see the details in the bottom window.

Thanks, I really like it
Old 05-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by xlr8shun
^^ above problem fixed in 1.3.2

thanks mlbdude

EDIT>

actually, ff and rew buttons cant be used while the mini-guide is up either (8 and 9)...in live tv, or watching a recorded program. however the ff2 and rew2 can be (61 and 62)

EDIT2>

and the 'currently recording' thing is great..

Last edited by xlr8shun; 05-23-2004 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great job, it works pretty good for me! The only thing that would work better for the graphics on the video library, is a way for it to just use a .jpg in the folder, as opposed to having to rename the various .jpgs(which I name the same as the movie title) to folder.jpg.
Also, is it possible to be able to click on the graphic, and then go to another screen with plot synopsis, time, rating, director/starring, etc...like the way myHTPC and XLOBBY do(perhaps reading the .meta files)?