SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Sage User

Favorites gone after a rebuild

Hello.
I have recently performed a clean install of Windows Vista on my media center. I previously had SageTV 7 upgraded from 6 running on Windows XP. I installed version 6 and entered my key then upgraded to 7 and entered my key, then launched SageTV to run through the initial setup. I have restored my properties files and wiz.bin from my previous installation and placed them in the SageTV main directory replacing the files already there. When I launch SageTV I have to run through the setup again however this time it already has all of my settings ( tuners, weather zip code, etc). My favorites however are gone. In the past with version 6 replacing the wiz.bin on a new install restored this, but it is not working on 7. I have also restored the entire SageTV folder and still have the same issue. The initial setup has all of my settings but no favorites. How can I restore my favorites?

Last edited by dadavo; 12-19-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Don't restore the properties file from an old installation unless you're restoring the entire installation directory (and all its contents) to the same directory path. The file contains property settings (such as absolute file paths and plugin installation states) that are specific to your old installation and will not be valid for a new, clean installation.

My advice would be to delete the properties file, re-run the V7 installer in Repair mode, and then copy over just your Wiz.bin from the previous installation. Tuner config, import directories, plugins and so on should all be set up again from scratch through the UI, not by copying an old properties file.

Also, it's not necessary to install V6 before installing V7. Just run the V7 installer, and then enter both license keys when prompted.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Sage User

Thank you. Performing a clean install and moving only the wiz.bin file worked.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm about to update my WinXp to Windows 7. I'm currently running version 7 on my WinXp box. I understand that I can copy the wiz.bin file to the new setup but not the properties file. Right now I'm using 3 tuners so I'd like to avoid having to manually re-enter the channel lineups and the remappings of qam stations. Is there a way to move those settings over to the new setup? I've read that you can copy portions of the properties file relating to the tuners but I'm not sure how to identify which lines. (I also use firewire for channel changing on my HD-PVR so I suspect that may add another level of complexity.) Can anyone identify the lines in the properties file that relates to tuners, lineups, remaps, channel changing, etc?)
Old 12-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Sage Icon

If you're using Sage7 there's a plugin to export/import lineups.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I'm not sure I understand how to get that. I've looked in the 'downloads' section of the forum at Plugins and Utilities, but I don't see anything that looks like what you're referring to. Could you point it out?

Thanks again!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

V7 plugins are installed through the built-in plugin manager. Setup > SageTV Plugins > All Available Plugins. That's one of the major new features of V7.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Found it, thanks very much. I've exported the line ups. I'm not clear on whether or not it exports the settings. For instance, I have a digital tuner and I remap the digital stations to the appropriate stations on the EPG. It'd be great if the import/export plugin handles that setting too. Do you happen to know? (It wasn't clear to me in the detailed info that came with the plugin.)