SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Sage.Properties = SageClient.Properties?

After customizing Sage.Properties (mainly media locations and name of Wiz.bin), can I just copy the contents of this file over to SageClient.Properties and have a consistant setup across SageTV and SageTV Client?
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 01-02-2011, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

That might mostly work, but there are a lot of extra properties in the sage.properties that deal with the system as a whole. Most shouldn't affect the client, but there's no guarantee. There are also a few client only properties in the sageclient.properties files, like the server autoconnect and such.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-02-2011, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCress View Post
After customizing Sage.Properties (mainly media locations and name of Wiz.bin), can I just copy the contents of this file over to SageClient.Properties and have a consistant setup across SageTV and SageTV Client?
As Fuzzy said, it may work but IMHO you are asking for trouble.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
(mainly media locations and name of Wiz.bin)
Those are server-only settings. Why would you need to propagate those to your clients?
Old 01-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
As Fuzzy said, it may work but IMHO you are asking for trouble.
As soon as I read his post, the little voice whispered in my ear...."No way Jose'".... -)
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Once you setup the import paths on the server side, as soon as you install your Client software it will automatically contain the paths to these as well as using your server side wiz.bin.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

So what would cause the client to not find the server? I have the latest client download from sage and I am running Sage v7. I enter the server ip and says it cannot be found. All teh hardware clients connect with no iisues. the laptop was connecting with no issues as well but today I just double click in it and the "enter the IP address of the Sagetv server" windows apears. Please respond at your earliest convenience. anticipated thanks.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
As soon as I read his post, the little voice whispered in my ear...."No way Jose'".... -)
The little voice needs to learn your name, but other than that it's probably worth listening to.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfilomeno View Post
So what would cause the client to not find the server? I have the latest client download from sage and I am running Sage v7. I enter the server ip and says it cannot be found. All teh hardware clients connect with no iisues. the laptop was connecting with no issues as well but today I just double click in it and the "enter the IP address of the Sagetv server" windows apears. Please respond at your earliest convenience. anticipated thanks.
Either the server isn't running (make sure on one of your working clients that Detailed Setup -> Server -> Enable Server is set to Enabled), or there is a firewall preventing the client from discovering/connecting to the server.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fuzzy,

Thanks for your prompt response. The server is running. there is no firewall preventing the client from discovering/connecting to the server. What else can I look for?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

I know you said the server is running, (I'm thinking you meant the SageTV Service), but also check that setting in the Detailed Setup -> Server screen.