SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Sage User

Question Internet Ready TVs

Hey all,

Has anyone had luck using an Internet Ready TV to access Sage? I'm looking at some of the new TV's an noticed that several now support Netflix, Hulu, Yahoo, etc. If found a few articles which suggest that some may be able to play files from your local network.

I'm running Sage7 on a Windows Home Server (2003) to an HD200 on one TV and I'm testing out XBMC as a front end on a second TV. Unfortunately the first TV is dying after three years and the repair is $900+ to fix it.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skacey View Post
Hey all,

Has anyone had luck using an Internet Ready TV to access Sage? I'm looking at some of the new TV's an noticed that several now support Netflix, Hulu, Yahoo, etc. If found a few articles which suggest that some may be able to play files from your local network.

I'm running Sage7 on a Windows Home Server (2003) to an HD200 on one TV and I'm testing out XBMC as a front end on a second TV. Unfortunately the first TV is dying after three years and the repair is $900+ to fix it.
I've got a Sony Bravia KDL 40EX701, which can access my HTPC via Windows Media Player. Although it doesn't talk to Sage, it can access all the dirs and so far has played any file that was recorded with Sage, all via the built-in LAN connection. It does Netflix, Hulu, youtube etc flawlessly, and I picked it up cheap at the Sony Outlet store in San Diego
Old 01-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I haven't done it, but you may be able to setup a DLNA media server that will also share out your sage directories, might be some trial and error though to find one that works. The TV may also have problems transcoding the file, some DLNA devices can transcode, some can only stream.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 01-16-2011, 11:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividweb View Post
I haven't done it, but you may be able to setup a DLNA media server that will also share out your sage directories, might be some trial and error though to find one that works. The TV may also have problems transcoding the file, some DLNA devices can transcode, some can only stream.
an aftermarket device, such as a WD Live Plus, can also read Sage dirs and playback files from within I believe
Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
an aftermarket device, such as a WD Live Plus, can also read Sage dirs and playback files from within I believe
Sure, but why would you buy a generic media appliance to access your Sage recordings when you could get an HD300 and have the full Sage experience?

Tags
internet ready, internet tv, web tv