SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-17-2004, 07:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Play from Beginning, Play from last viewed...

Okay... I've used Tivo and ReplayTV in their instances for 4 years or thereabouts (I was first on that bandwagon).

There is no function in Sage, that I can see, that plays from the beginning. If my brother watches something then I have to rewind the entire way thru... it's freaking stupid.

There should be an option for "Play from Beginning" or "Play" when you click select on a recording.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

I am starting to enjoy your posts. Others have had these ideas long ago. I must admit that they did not word them so eloquently. They call this a feature "request". Not a feature "demand". You might want to keep that in mind. They may respond if you do.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

That's funny, I've also been using Tivo for 4 years and don't remember any Play from the Beginning option (yes, you can jump to the end and back to the beginning). I would be very annoyed if I had to waste my time telling it I wanted to continue where I left off every time.

If you want to insure that playback will start at the beginning you can just mark a program watched and then unwatched before playing it.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the tip. I was just complaining about this over the weekend.
PVR-350
PVR-150
ATI Radeon 9100
512MB DDR RAM
2 x 80GB HDD
MediaMVP
Old 05-17-2004, 08:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by malore
That's funny, I've also been using Tivo for 4 years and don't remember any Play from the Beginning option (yes, you can jump to the end and back to the beginning). I would be very annoyed if I had to waste my time telling it I wanted to continue where I left off every time.

If you want to insure that playback will start at the beginning you can just mark a program watched and then unwatched before playing it.
Sorry, in my latest experience I had been using ReplayTV since I got a steal of a deal on the unit/service, but that's gone since I now have a TV that has a PC on it!!
Old 05-17-2004, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Re: Play from Beginning, Play from last viewed...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
There is no function in Sage, that I can see, that plays from the beginning. If my brother watches something then I have to rewind the entire way thru... it's freaking stupid.
Speaking of that last phrase... have you tried reading anyone else's posts on this forums? Some advance reading could really help you use this program. In addition to what malore said about the watched/unwatched toggle, please see New Time Scroll functionality? for a way to immediately jump to the start or end of a recording. I stopped replying to your posts since they are often just annoying gripes, but maybe someone else can make use of this capability. There really are nicer ways to ask questions around here and get lots of responses.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Re: Re: Play from Beginning, Play from last viewed...

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
Speaking of that last phrase... have you tried reading anyone else's posts on this forums? Some advance reading could really help you use this program. In addition to what malore said about the watched/unwatched toggle, please see New Time Scroll functionality? for a way to immediately jump to the start or end of a recording. I stopped replying to your posts since they are often just annoying gripes, but maybe someone else can make use of this capability. There really are nicer ways to ask questions around here and get lots of responses.

- Andy
You're probably right, but I think it's due most in part with my frustrations of learning a new software and figuring out its intricacies... hopefully though some of the convienience features that aren't yet available will be made available soon.

Old 05-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

Hercules, the thing you have to realize is that most of the people on here have been at this for a while. We have had the same frustrations. The reality is that most of us realized that , while not perfect, sage provides the best all around PVR solution. We all know of ways to make it better. What we need to do is foster this forum as a civilized place to make those suggestions.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

*nod*, no arguement here.