SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to TunaBoo Send a message via AIM to TunaBoo Send a message via Yahoo to TunaBoo
FF/RR buttons

I messed up my defaults, and need the defaults back so my remote plugin works (I am lazy).

What is normal (not 2x) rewind and FF called, and what is the default key associated with them?
Old 05-17-2004, 08:11 PM

Here's the properties file key and their settings(in milliseconds) at their defaults:
videoframe/ff_time=10000
videoframe/rew_time=-10000

I'd long since changed mine, so I didn't know the defaults. First, as always, I shutdown SageTV. Then the way I found the defaults, was to locate the keys and delete them. When SageTV restarts it will recreate the key with the default values. This can be usefull for when you mess up certian other properties settings.

Last edited by justme; 05-17-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to TunaBoo Send a message via AIM to TunaBoo Send a message via Yahoo to TunaBoo
No not time, I am sorry. The button you push on your keyboard like H or G or HOME or F8.

I have no idea how to figure this back out, and I need to because my remote config is sending some signal and I want to use that (because I want to use the defaults).
Old 05-18-2004, 01:13 AM

No need for you to say sorry. In rereading your post I see I totally missed your point, my apologies. Try this post. As far as I know this is the most recent/complete list of default keyboard shortcuts. As long as whatever app your using for your remote isn't using the "sendmessage" method to control SageTV then it's most likely sending the keystrokes from the thread linked above. If you aren't interested in the full list, I believe these two are the commands your after:

ctrl+F = fastforword
ctrl+A= rewind

If you want to find what keys are currently mapped to what commands inside of sage follows these steps:Go to Setup>Detailed Setup>Commands>then select "Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command". This lists all of SageTV's commands and their currently mapped keystroke/infrared shortcuts. You can also change(add/delete) these keystrokes from this menu as well.

Sorry, I can't just name the default commands off to you but my own config is totally changed too. I use a USB-UIRT and Tivo/MX500 remotes with SageTV. Hope this is the info you needed.

PS:For anyone who is looking for the complete/official list of commands used by SageTV, see my last post in the SageTV FAQ in this forum. The link there list all valid sageTV commands and their number to be used by a program that uses the "sendmessage" method. ie Girder, several user developed apps, and now even the SageTV.exe(Ver.2). This FAQ list does not include default keystrokes for those commands.

Last edited by justme; 05-18-2004 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

It IS using send message. But the message isn't getting there, I figured it had to do with my keystrokes being wrong.

I will have to investigate the correct send message for a normal FF or RR then, as I have no idea what they are (if its not based off the default FF RR keystrokes).
Old 05-18-2004, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

This page contains the definitive list of sendmessages (as of 2.0).
http://www.sage.tv/2_papers/SageTVWindowsMessages.txt
Old 05-18-2004, 03:33 PM

For future users who read this thread. The link in the post above is in the SAGETV FAQ. See my signature for link. Many good answers there. If you feel something is missing from the FAQ, please feel free to add to it.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow My send message is set up right, but it won't work still. Why would sage ignore the send message for skip forward and nothing else (send message 8 and 9)
Old 05-18-2004, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Wow My send message is set up right, but it won't work still. Why would sage ignore the send message for skip forward and nothing else (send message 8 and 9)
Very good question. I'm not very knowledgable first hand when it comes to sendmessage method apps. If no one else posts(in a day or two) an anwer, you may want to start a new thread with a title that relates to the app you're using and it's issue with sendmessage. You also might want to provide some info about the app you're using for people who see this thread. Like are you using Girder, some user created app, or a specialty plugin for a remote.

Last edited by justme; 05-18-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Administrator

I realize you may have done this already, but I would double check that those two command are really set up exactly like the other commands that are working -- same window class & name, etc. Also, is the program set to correctly respond to the remote's codes for those buttons?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, it is through girder on a plugin someone else posted here.

The girder light blinks, and it highlights my FF and RR command which I push (which means it is sending that message when I push the button).
Old 05-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Administrator

I'm no Girder expert, but I think that just means that Girder is recognizing that it received the remote's code. (?) I can press a button that has not been assigned to do anything & the light will blink. Are the SendMessage targets the same for those commands as for the other commands?

Do you have something like Spy++ to watch the Windows messages sent to a window to make sure they are being sent/received?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well yes, so girder knows it is getting the command. If it works for PLAY why wouldn't the same window ID etc. work for FF?

I could try something like spy++ tomorrow.